So I apparently left some old batteries in my Tamagotchi Friends and they leaked. I cleaned out the corrosion as best I could with vinegar but it still won't turn on with new batteries. Is this a hopeless cause? or are there any tricks to getting my Tama to work again?

Wipe with the vinegar as much as you can and also try using a nail file to file the metal on the connectors the best you can. I had a never before opened Digimon v2 and no amount of vinegar helped until I filed the connectors with a nail file. Also consider opening up the tama to see if corrosion didn't migrate into the motherboard.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Orbit
      I have seen some unreleased Tamagotchi Friends figures. The only ones I have seen were Spacytchi, Akaspetchi, and Pipospetchi in a 3 pack. These 3 I remember seeing photos of but I haven’t seen them in such a long time.
    • By ChimeraP
      HI! i found my pink tamagotchi today and tested it and it works fine but the screen seems to be dirty (doesnt seem like dust/dirt just grime) is there a safe way to clean the screen without ruining it (such as bubles appearing or something of that sort. Thanks ^^
    • By NotBart
      Is it possible to unlock any of the games on the Tamagotchi Friends without connecting with any other TMGC:Friends? (It's an EU version)
      I'm getting bored of the 2 games I know how to play.
    • By middlemae
      The screen went funky after I dropped it, and showed two baby boys before I could reset or download once I got the screen on. I tried putting new batteries in and now it just won't turn on at all. Does anyone know of any way or anyone I could send this to to try to fix it? I believe it's the wires but I'm not positive. 

• By xXKitKat08Xx
      Soooooo I have a Tamagotchi Friends (not a Dream Town, but one of the technically first-wave ones I guess) and the only growth charts I see are for the Dream Town versions. I was just wondering if there are any non-Dream Town growth charts for Tamagotchi Friends? I've gotten Mametchi literally every time I raise a Tamagotchi on the system, and I wanna vary it up. Thanks in advance ❤️
    • By Pingasatchi
      I’ve been trying to catch the babies before they poop on the floor and I’m wondering if it’s even worth the effort. I know that some Tamagotchis in the past have been able to potty train, but I don’t know if the Tamagotchi Friends can. Thanks