Sign in to follow this  
QueenRita

Dinkie Dino Digimon?

Hey, I can't tell if this is a real Dinkie Dino or not? The seller SAYS they were never released and they were given as arcade prizes but like- it's got the digimon like- rectangle casing? Not even the normal Dinkie casing?

Here it is and an image for the sake of, if it gets taken down or whatever so others can see it in the future I guess (I see a lot of posts where ppl have linked eBay listings and theyre taken down so I can't tell if what I'm looking at is a fake or not)

9447475d5604583c450adb41b614914c.png

The seller also has a variety of other colors too. Is it- real? I don't... I mean the PACKAGING looks legit but I don't, know much when it comes to this stuff so...

Anyone know if it's legit and what it is compared to a normal Dinkie Dino?

That shell is a common casing that used to be used for however-many-in-1 brick-games, which usually have a Tetris knock-off, racing-games, shooting games, and so on. The images on it - a UFO, a rocket-ship, and what looks like stacks of bases from Space Invaders - are typical of such products, as well. I would hazard a guess that that's what this item actually is.

To the best of my knowledge, this casing was not used for a variant of the Dinkie Dino. And there's no reason for it to have been - they designed their own custom casing for the Dinkie Dino, so why would they use a generic brick-game shell for it?

The Dinkie Dino has been bootlegged a lot, and its packaging has also been copied for a lot of bootlegs, too. That said, I don't know if this item is a bootleg, or if the auction details are correct. I've never seen such a thing before. I would've expected a different product-code, though, but this uses the same one as the original Dinkie Dino ("TK-910").

Edited by Penguin-keeper

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Scrungo
      Hello! So I just found out that they're rereleasing the original Digimon V-Pet, and looking at how I got into Tamagotchi (The rerelease of the P1/P2 last year) I'm really excited and im getting it ASAP! 
      But what about you guys? Do you have any plans to get it? And if so, will this be your first Digimon V-Pet? Because it'll be my first!  

(Also sorry to mods if this is in the wrong section, I couldnt find a Digimon section so I thought it'd fit under Tamagotchi Ancestors )
    • By zukmi
      Iam forget to check my phone, going to turn on again air conditioner machine, so make he feel hot, thristy, and angry 😂 iam sorry Dinosaurs 😂 (DiNostalgia, playstore)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=br.com.dinostalgia
    • By Birbplant
      Hi! New here (I might make an introduction post later).
      I've been trying to ID an old Virtual pet and thought someone here might be able to shed some light.

When I was a kid I was given a Dinosaur virtual pet. I remember the shell being red. I seem to remember it being chunky like a dinky dino, only when I looked into info in the Dinkie Dino it seems like it wasn't the same. I remember my dino would change into different things depending on how you cared for it, like a Pteranodon or a Sauropod (whose sprite was so big you could only see its neck and head) and I don't think Dinkie Dino has those kinds of evolutions so I wonder if maybe I had something different? It would be interesting to know if other people had this vpet.
    • By Hoky
      So, in addition to my old tamagotchis, I also had an original digimon. I never got as into it as I did my tama, but I haven't been able to found it as I've scrounged around my house during my return to the fandom. Just curious if there are other digivice fans out there among the tamagotchi fandom, and if so, what do you guys consider the best ones? I've seen a lot of people singing praises of the Burst (IG burst?) but it seems those are either only in Japanese or ludicrously expensive.

But yeah, either way, what have I missed in the last 20 years?

• By Virtual-Reality
      Hi!
      I've recently found my childhood Raku Raku Dino-Kun, I was wondering if it's fake or genuine.
      It's probably fake, considering that I live in Argentina (country where there's no copyright law and almost all video games and toys are bootlegs).
      Homewer, mine mets all the criteria for a real one, so, I would like that someone could tell me the definitive answer.

Photos: (Sorry for the big size, :S)

• By Doggie Biscuit
      For those of you who know about the classic Tamagotchis, you'll notice that they're not as pink and sparkly and stuff as the current ones. Bandai originally designed Tamagotchi for both genders, then said that Tamagotchi was "more suitable for girls" as a "practice for nurturing children" and designed Digimon for boys. Although I'm a female, I am a dog so I don't really know aboot this, but I think that both of these pets are perfectly fine for both genders, and I'm kind of mad at Nintendo for assuming that only boys play Pokémon (of course the professors asking your gender is pretty weird). Also, don't you think that having something that regularly dies or leaves isn't a very good "practice for nurturing children"?

Sorry that this is so long.