tamapalace

2017 Tamagotchi P1 & P2 Appear in GameStop Inventory System

P1 & P2 Replicas Arrive at GameStop Stores

tumblr_inline_pdw31eRjws1toxdax_500.jpgtumblr_inline_pdw31hSpoM1toxdax_500.jpg

You heard that right. The Tamagotchi P1 and P2 replicas that are rumored to be released in the United States this fall are already arriving at GameStop.

We received a tip from a GameStop employee that all of the P1 and P2 designs arrived this week, and are fully in stock. The MSRP is $19.99, which is what they’ll be listed for when they’re available. GameStop has a hold sale on these until September 30th. This means that starting September 30th you’ll be able to head over to a GameStop store and pick up one, or for many of us, a few.

The replicas are not yet available on GameStop’s website, however they are still available on GameStop Ireland’s website; which is where they initially leaked earlier this summer.

Although it’s been rumored that these devices will arrive in August and not be distributed until mid October, it looks like we’re getting them sooner than we anticipated. This is great news for Tamagotchi fans who are looking to beat the holiday rush! Which shell designs are your favorite? Comment below!

*Special thanks to rainhex35

Edited by tamapalace
  • Like 4

For fans in the UK, the toy shop The Entertainer is now listing Tamagotchi Original as "Coming Soon", and you can sign up for an e-mail notification about any of the casings that they'll have available. They'll be £16 each.

It seems that we won't be getting all of the colourways that North America will be, unfortunately - it looks like we're only getting four each of the Gen 1 and Gen 2 designs, rather than all eight of each.

Unhelpfully, all of the product-photographs use a Gen 1 example screen, even on the Gen 2 re-issues! You'll have to refer to the photograph in tamapalace's post above in order to pick out which is actually which.

Edited by Penguin-keeper

P1 & P2 Replicas Arrive at GameStop Stores

tumblr_inline_pdw31eRjws1toxdax_500.jpgtumblr_inline_pdw31hSpoM1toxdax_500.jpg

You heard that right. The Tamagotchi P1 and P2 replicas that are rumored to be released in the United States this fall are already arriving at GameStop.

We received a tip from a GameStop employee that all of the P1 and P2 designs arrived this week, and are fully in stock. The MSRP is $19.99, which is what they’ll be listed for when they’re available. GameStop has a hold sale on these until September 30th. This means that starting September 30th you’ll be able to head over to a GameStop store and pick up one, or for many of us, a few.

The replicas are not yet available on GameStop’s website, however they are still available on GameStop Ireland’s website; which is where they initially leaked earlier this summer.

Although it’s been rumored that these devices will arrive in August and not be distributed until mid October, it looks like we’re getting them sooner than we anticipated. This is great news for Tamagotchi fans who are looking to beat the holiday rush! Which shell designs are your favorite? Comment below!

*Special thanks to rainhex35

This is AMAZING news! Thank you for sharing! Just wish they didn't have a hold until the end of September :(

:o Really? This is amazing!! I'm DEFIANTLY getting them!!!

Ahhh this is great! I need that galaxy P2. Now if only they'd let us preorder them!

• Like 1

Ahhh this is great! I need that galaxy P2. Now if only they'd let us preorder them!

I tried asking if we could put one on hold or prepay and they wouldn't let me :( I will have to settle for waiting by the door come opening on 9/30 :P

I've checked Ebgames, Walmart, Toysrus, Chapters, and even Hot Topic (we have few of them in Canada) but none of them have anything but the Mini. There wasn't any other signs of them either from the simple search I did of "tamagotchi". I'm guessing there might news of a Canadian release date further down the road, and possibly we might get a later release than the U.S. (such as a few months later). I'm certain we will eventually get the replicas as we have already got the Mini and Canada and America have always had close relations. I'm waiting with money anyway XD

• Like 2

Some of the groups on Facebook are reporting that gamestops are starting to drip these out because they're showing up on ebay. Either that or some gamestop employees are scalpers. XD

• Like 2

Sorry to double post, but I wanted to make sure this was separate. GOOD NEWS AND BAD NEWS!

The good news is my local gamestop put out all the new P1's and P2's today! I grabbed a galaxy P2 and a Sparkly red and yellow P1.....

The bad news is that they're DEFINITELY streetdated for 9/30, which means if they put them out at gamestops, they won't sell them to you. They actually pulled 'em off the shelves when they found that out. (They should just read our forum, I guess)

That said, they agreed to hold the 2 I picked out because they understood the situation and I was reasonable with them (that's always the trick!), but that does help out those of us who want to go to Gamestop and grab them: FRESH CASES 9/30 AS LONG AS NO ONE IS BREAKING STREET DATE. XD

Honestly, even if I don't get those two, ALL the designs look REALLY good in person (I was very torn between the red one, the scale one, and the magenta-and-black striped one for the P1's), and there's probably 3-4 from each generation I'd be interested in! The only designs that didn't grab me were the black and white one (because I have an original P2 of that) and the hot pink and yellow one. Fine designs, but with all this new crazy stuff, they're pretty easy to pass.

Also, they were $20, though I'm pretty sure that's been roundly confirmed by now. (Edit: It has, I see. XD)

Edited by Hoky
  • Like 3

I've checked Ebgames, Walmart, Toysrus, Chapters, and even Hot Topic (we have few of them in Canada) but none of them have anything but the Mini. There wasn't any other signs of them either from the simple search I did of "tamagotchi". I'm guessing there might news of a Canadian release date further down the road, and possibly we might get a later release than the U.S. (such as a few months later). I'm certain we will eventually get the replicas as we have already got the Mini and Canada and America have always had close relations. I'm waiting with money anyway XD

A few people I've talked to have said EB Games has the new P1/P2s in their system! We will be getting them a bit later than the US though, release date is said to be October 31st here in Canada.

• Like 3

Aw shucks you guys are lucky to get the rereleases!

I wish Singapore had them at Toys'r'Us...

• Like 1

Aw shucks you guys are lucky to get the rereleases!

I wish Singapore had them at Toys'r'Us...

Man, at least you still HAVE Toys'R'Us. XD

• Like 2

Man, at least you still HAVE Toys'R'Us. XD

Yeah, we no longer have them in the UK, either, even though a number of the international arms have remained open. That was actually where I got my original Gen 1 Tamagotchi from back in the day, and it's a pity that I won't be able to go and get the remake from there, too!

Edited by Penguin-keeper
  • Like 1

GameStop Lists P1 & P2 Replicas!

tumblr_inline_pex7w9qUay1toxdax_500.png

As if we didn’t know GameStop would be carrying the P1 and P2 replicas, they have finally listed them on their website! You can grab any one of the 8 P1’s, and 8 P2’s for $19.99, just keep in mind these are not yet released until September 30th so this is essentially a preorder. Once the 30th hits, then they will start shipping and you will have your hands on these bad boys soon enough!

tumblr_inline_pex7wwmWGs1toxdax_500.png

• Like 4