Chicken - Ultra-Rare, 1997 Tamagotchi

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TamagotchiTreasury

Reaction score
I have something very special to share with you all today. In 1997, I used to visit Southend on Sea regularly to pick up more and more unusual, unique Tamagotchi's and Cyberpets. A lot of the arcade machines used to have these in them and sometimes the giftshops were full of them too. These were rare, unusual or obscure. Sometimes I even went to the PMS factory just to pick these machine ones directly without having to win them out the machines.

Anyway, there was one of these times when I managed to pick up two particular ones that were astounding to me... and I'm going to share them here today.

Those of you that have followed my "Bobby" thread, will be very interested in this particularly. Because what I am about to show you now, is what you get when you take the BOBBY engine, and swap out the character for the original Tamagotchi Generation 1 characters instead. Yes, this is from 1997 and works identically to Bobby (almost) but with the actual Tamagotchi's inside it.

//www.tamatalk.com/IB/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png

I hatched one of my two that I own yesterday. I own a peppermint green shell and an orange shell. I hatched the orange. As you can see, I currently have a Babytchi.

20180604_141254.jpg

Unlike the original Tamagotchi, he seems to stay in Baby stage for a few days, not minutes. Other than that, it's basically a poor-man's Gen 1 original, just with Bobby style.

Instead of "LEFT" and "RIGHT" that the original Gen 1's have and the "Scissors, Paper, Stone" that Bobby uses, it uses a kind of "SNAP" or "FRUIT MACHINE" for its game. Bobby used to be happy as long as he played a game regardless of if he won or lost, but this CHICKEN has to win the game to be satisfied, much like the original Gen 1's. Also, like Bobby, cleaning up after it fills up a happy slot, unlike the original Gen 1's.

I would love to get a hold of more of these but they are beyond obscure. I am very very lucky to have these two, and thank goodness they are in working order.

Like I did with Bobby, I will share more as it evolves to show how it is. Enjoy the video, and if anyone has any info on him, feel free to say here. I have none of the original packagings unfortunately ... I wish as a kid I was like I am now when it comes to keeping packagings.

I realise this has been long due but this update will be a briefing on the full update I'll be sharing later. My Chicken and Smart Chick have gone completely insane.

Firstly, as I said, they went from Babytchi to Nyorotchi ... but appeared as Kutchitametchi when eating or receiving medicine etc. Then they changed into a full Kutchitametchi (devolved) when receiving dicipline. Now it's gone off the chart. To begin with, Chicken transformed into Gingerotchi then when diciplined he became Mametchi. This went one step further when he became naughty and became Masktchi. All the while, he appeared as Kutchipatchi while eating, receiving medicine etc. Pictures and videos coming very soon.

Next is Smart Chick. He changed from Nyorotchi into Tarakotchi. He stayed like that for a while until receiving a new evolution into Masktchi. He remains as one now. Again, it is Kutchipatchi he appears as when eating etc.

Nothing about this growth chart makes any sense whatsoever.

20180614_205754-1.jpg

I picked this up last weekend at a retro gaming expo. Paid 2 euro's because I was hoping it was a half descent gen1 like Tamagotchi. I am enjoying it thusfar.

How 'rare' are these?

NAwQmv.jpg

Latest posts

Back