Alex Grigoriou

TAMATOWN IS BACK! (parsed swf files)

I'm wondering- how much out of 10 do you think the files for connecting all the types of Tamagotchis ( That are linkable to tamatown ) are recoverable and/or able to get a hold of?  I really hope eventually everything that could ever possibly be gotten a hold of can be found and put to use, but I doubt it. I really love all the appreciation that has been put into this; its really nice to see the whole project come together.

On the post that I made about messing around with the original tamagotchieurope.com, I'll try and have a look at those files you sent me. I'm really interested in the whole "     Recovering files" thing; because actually deciphering all the codes and things are oddly satisfying- is that just me?                                                                                                                        For the next while, I'm going to try and play around with them; if I think I know what I'm doing :D

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/5/2019 at 10:55 PM, KidRetro64 said:

I'm wondering- how much out of 10 do you think the files for connecting all the types of Tamagotchis ( That are linkable to tamatown ) are recoverable and/or able to get a hold of?  I really hope eventually everything that could ever possibly be gotten a hold of can be found and put to use, but I doubt it. I really love all the appreciation that has been put into this; its really nice to see the whole project come together.

On the post that I made about messing around with the original tamagotchieurope.com, I'll try and have a look at those files you sent me. I'm really interested in the whole "     Recovering files" thing; because actually deciphering all the codes and things are oddly satisfying- is that just me?                                                                                                                        For the next while, I'm going to try and play around with them; if I think I know what I'm doing :D

I have already seen those files about 9 months ago. They aren't something special. Just some games. And I think that the files to connect your Tama to Tamatown will never be found. Types of files like this aren't cached. 

Edited by Alex Grigoriou
Added something
  • Like 3

So... I made a huge change in the site. I added a password system and you (The community of TamaTalk can log in). I did that because everything is going very well with the site and I won't let Bandai sue me. So, here are the credentials:

Username:tamamaster@alexgtama.tk

Password:TamagotchiForever

• Like 1

To explain you a bit better about the password system, I have to tell you some things. The credentials that I gave you are for those who don't want to login with their own e-mail. The reason for that is the following: If someone logs on with their own e-mail, the algorithm tracks the ip of whoever owns the email. Don't judge me. I HAVE A REASON FOR THAT. This algorithm can put the site to temporary shutdown when it detects any attempt to login from any of the Bandai Inc. possible IPs from all locations. That's why I gave you (All of the TamaTalk community) these credentials. 

Oh and I forgot something. Today (June 8th) is the 1 year anniversary of the project being released into the internet. So HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE PROJECT! :D

Guys, I have made another change to my site. I have removed the "Powered by 000webhost" watermark from all pages, because I think that it's annoying seeing a watermark when you visit a page. Also I would like to ask @hwd45 a question. @hwd45 did you find anything from your old PC? The recovery service contacted me and tomorrow I will be visiting them to see the files they recovered. I AM HYPED!:D

• Like 1

Hello guys and girls. I have some news on the topic ''Recovery of the Files''. I visited the recovery service today and saw the files for myself. Unfortunately they aren't recoverable and they are completely corrupted. My last hope is @hwd45

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alex Grigoriou said:

Hello guys and girls. I have some news on the topic ''Recovery of the Files''. I visited the recovery service today and saw the files for myself. Unfortunately they aren't recoverable and they are completely corrupted. My last hope is @hwd45

So was it confirmed that your PC definitely had some trace of the Tamatown files left albeit corrupted? Or was there no sign of the data at all?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hwd45 said:

So was it confirmed that your PC definitely had some trace of the Tamatown files left albeit corrupted? Or was there no sign of the data at all?

It had ALL THE FILES OF TAMATOWN. However, they are unrecoverable. I am really disappointed. -_-

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Alex Grigoriou said:

It had ALL THE FILES OF TAMATOWN. However, they are unrecoverable. I am really disappointed. -_-

Did you at least get the filenames? It might be helpful to collect them to put in the spreadsheet since I don't think we have the names of all the Tamatown files just yet :)

It is a shame, for sure, but if you managed to find all the files - albeit unrecoverable - then it gives some hope that other people that used the site on an old laptop that wasn't formatted could still have the files.

I'm not sure if anything will come from my laptop but I'll update if I do find anything. Don't really have the time to use any recovery software or anything at the moment so don't expect them too soon though.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, hwd45 said:

Did you at least get the filenames? It might be helpful to collect them to put in the spreadsheet since I don't think we have the names of all the Tamatown files just yet :)

It is a shame, for sure, but if you managed to find all the files - albeit unrecoverable - then it gives some hope that other people that used the site on an old laptop that wasn't formatted could still have the files.

I'm not sure if anything will come from my laptop but I'll update if I do find anything. Don't really have the time to use any recovery software or anything at the moment so don't expect them too soon though.

No need to rush. 

On 6/12/2019 at 7:22 PM, Alex Grigoriou said:

Hi- Just wondering what do you mean by unrecoverable and corrupted?

55 minutes ago, KidRetro64 said:

Hi- Just wondering what do you mean by unrecoverable and corrupted?

By unrecoverable I mean that these files once existed on my hard drive but they are in a horrible state and cannot be salvaged and by corrupted I mean that they are heavily damaged and cannot be opened by any means. When we are talking about file recovery those words are kind of synonyms. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Alex Grigoriou said:

By unrecoverable I mean that these files once existed on my hard drive but they are in a horrible state and cannot be salvaged and by corrupted I mean that they are heavily damaged and cannot be opened by any means. When we are talking about file recovery those words are kind of synonyms. 

So, the files can’t open/work as they were intended? Thank You, by the way ;) 

• Thanks 1