Alex Grigoriou

TAMATOWN IS BACK! (parsed swf files)

It works pretty decently yes, but calling it "fully functional" is a bit misleading.

Pretty fun replaying some of the minigames in it though :)

Does this get you the codes for the V3s town exclusive items?

Thanks for the nostalgia ^^

Does this get you the codes for the V3s town exclusive items?

No, unfortunately the server side code that generates passwords wasn't made avaliable, but if you have a japanese entama or ketai, a user called binary made a program to generate codes.

http://www.tamenagerie.com/entama.html

Thanks for the nostalgia ^^

No, unfortunately the server side code that generates passwords wasn't made avaliable, but if you have a japanese entama or ketai, a user called binary made a program to generate codes.

http://www.tamenagerie.com/entama.html

Ah, I see. Still, that's pretty impressive!

I am currently working on finding the original .swf files. If somebody has an original swf file stored somewhere that would be great

It works pretty decently yes, but calling it "fully functional" is a bit misleading.

Pretty fun replaying some of the minigames in it though :)

Sorry about that. I might re-write the text file in a future update. I hope that all of you are as hyped as I am!

Sorry about that. I might re-write the text file in a future update. I hope that all of you are as hyped as I am!

I'm definitely excited to see where this goes. I loved the old TamaTown stuff! :D

Dear Tamatalk Community,

I do not know what to do any longer. I have searched the internet for so long and I still have not found anything. I think this is vain. If Bandai does not upload the files in some server there is nothing I can do. I do not know if it is worth to continue searching. The thing is that I do not want to end up with a lawsuit from Bandai. There are so many thoughts that cross my mind about this project on a daily basis. Please reply and suggest what I should do.

Sincerely,

Alex Grigoriou

Thanks for all your work so far, it's been really nice revisiting the old tama town. As for files, I think it's unlikely you'd be able to find any more than what's already been discovered.

There was another guy working on a similar thing, but he seems to have stopped because he was worried about a lawsuit as well.

https://github.com/loociano/tamatown

Thanks for all your work so far, it's been really nice revisiting the old tama town. As for files, I think it's unlikely you'd be able to find any more than what's already been discovered.

There was another guy working on a similar thing, but he seems to have stopped because he was worried about a lawsuit as well.

https://github.com/loociano/tamatown

Thank you all for supporting my project. Thank you for all the downloads in MediaFire and generally thank you for everything. This project is not being discontinued or anything like that. However now I desperately need the community's help. I want all of the viewers of this project e.g Tinkalila (who has been in the community much longer than I have) to redirect me to someone that has even a single flash file of tamatown stored somewhere and I want you to spread the word around the internet. Goodbye... for now.

dang. that's amazing. except i have no idea how anything works and please help because how do i open these files anyway thanks

This is some excellent work! I never thought to try different language versions of the website to see if they'd been preserved better than the English one had.

I'm looking for some lost internet files myself so I can totally relate to the feeling of searching for so long and finding nothing, feeling like you've scoured all corners of the internet. Perhaps it really all is in vain and we've done as much as we can. We'll just have to wait and see what the future holds. At the very least, we can take this opportunity to document what we have and try to understand it all.

Edited by hwd45

dang. that's amazing. except i have no idea how anything works and please help because how do i open these files anyway thanks

It is a pretty simple process. You can unzip the file with WinRaR. After that you can open the folder, scroll down and search for Tamagotchi Town.html. Then you double-click on the file in Chrome or Mozilla Firefox to open it. A tab with a message saying"enable adobe flash player" will appear. Click on it and then press "allow". Lastly, turn your speakers on and enjoy a great and nostalgic tamatown experience.

This is some excellent work! I never thought to try different language versions of the website to see if they'd been preserved better than the English one had.

I'm looking for some lost internet files myself so I can totally relate to the feeling of searching for so long and finding nothing, feeling like you've scoured all corners of the internet. Perhaps it really all is in vain and we've done as much as we can. We'll just have to wait and see what the future holds. At the very least, we can take this opportunity to document what we have and try to understand it all.

Thank you for your incredible feedback. I have just subscribed to your YouTube channel, just to let you know and i have an alternative download link if mediafire is too annoying for you.

Link:

https://mega.nz/#!upElDIAD!MtPq4hYuruavAYMRWMeW2skIbwW3_jHMzlMecBm6idA

Edited by Alex Grigoriou

Guys, it is indeed time for an update. I have made some minor optimizations and some major fixes to the project. So, you guessed it. Tamatown project v2 is coming really soon (with some extra pressure i could even release it tomorrow). Anyways, the project is almost ready for publication. I will be using mega.nz instead of mediafire this time, because in mega, projects can be encrypted and it does not contain any annoying popups. That's it for today folks. I hope you are hyped. See you.