What dinosaur virtual pet was this?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Birbplant

Reaction score
Hi! New here (I might make an introduction post later).

I've been trying to ID an old Virtual pet and thought someone here might be able to shed some light.

When I was a kid I was given a Dinosaur virtual pet. I remember the shell being red. I seem to remember it being chunky like a dinky dino, only when I looked into info in the Dinkie Dino it seems like it wasn't the same. I remember my dino would change into different things depending on how you cared for it, like a Pteranodon or a Sauropod (whose sprite was so big you could only see its neck and head) and I don't think Dinkie Dino has those kinds of evolutions so I wonder if maybe I had something different? It would be interesting to know if other people had this vpet.

Tamenagerie has some oddpets listed.

https://www.tamenagerie.com/oddpets.html

Was it perhaps a gyaoppi dinosaur or an MGA dino?

//www.tamatalk.com/IB/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png
Yes, that's it! It must have been a Gyaoppi Dinosaur. Thanks for the trip down memory lane! They seem pretty rare, I should have kept a hold of mine. Darn you, past me!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, that's it! It must have been a Gyaoppi Dinosaur. Thanks for the trip down memory lane! They seem pretty rare, I should have kept a hold of mine. Darn you, past me!
There are a couple up on Ebay for a decent price. I feel your pain though, should have held onto my supper gyaoppi as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder how the heck I had one in the first place. Aren't these Japanese only?

I wonder how the heck I had one in the first place. Aren't these Japanese only?
During the heights of the virtual pet craze in the 1990s, there were plenty of places that imported them, including ones that you wouldn't otherwise expect to do so.

I remember being able to pick up a Tamagochan from a local general store, back in the day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back