EMERGENCY! Tama Painting

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Berryitchi

Reaction score
HI I HAVE A TINY BUT REALLY MAJOR PROBLEM!! :eek: So, I have the pink swirl mini. The swirls are gone. Yeah, already. So... this morning I saw some dirt on my tama (on the pink area around the screen). I... made the mistake of scratching it with my fingernail. *winces* I scratched off some of the paint too. So, it's... middle of screen > left > SCRATCH Uhh... HELP IT'S A FAIRLY SMALL THING BUT IT'S REALLY BUGGING ME!!! Idk if I should risk painting it (scarrrry) or scratch it all of. I was hoping I could keep that bit, otherwise it's a pink tama with light pink buttons. But it's bugging me so much!! What do I do? (I have normal paints and acrylics - well, gouache too)

Others on this forum have mentioned that acrylics work on tamas, but they tend to scratch off after a while. If you want to preserve it and get a shiny finish, you'll probably have to use some sort of varnish on it.

Plastic spray paints like Krylon work too as shown here and here.

Tamagirl327 does custom tamas with what I think is acrylic.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjvjiqAFMmY/?taken-by=tamagirl327

Just don't use nail polish because it can cloud the screen or damage the plastic. People have used it with success though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thx... I think I won't risk it. :p It's not too bad. Thanks though, that really helped ^_^

It seems to be an unfortunate trait of the 20th Anniversary Minis that the printing on them comes off really easily. Mine only lives on my desk, and yet it still has a couple of scratches to the logo on it.

Huh. All minis then? Cuz I was thinking, I've seen old P's with flowers and stuff, but their designs are still intact. xD Ah well. I'm just happy to see little Mametchi bouncing around my screen. :)

A few arrows on my blue clock face mini have worn off which means it now has less of its paint than my P1 of the same design that was probably owned by kid. I wasn't rough with my mini either and the exact spot it wore of was near the top where I would pick it up. I'm not sure how I would rank the paint durability as it seems Tamagotchis in general are more prone to paint coming off. I was planning to take my mini apart, pop of the screen, and paint the front with clear nail polish to hopefully protect the remaining design. Since I don't plan to ever remove the nail polish - which I could see being a problem as wet nail polish can be a substitute for nail polish remover - the worst I can see is the paint smudging a little bit - probably because wet nail polish can act like nail polish remover. I'd imagine after it dried there wouldn't be any further problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back