The Gotchi Palace - RPG Style Tama Log

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FluteLoop

Reaction score
Hello, everyone! This is an RPG-style log following the progress of my tamagotchi collection as they pursue great adventures! All future comments from me will be in italics, like this one. Story elements (narration, description, and the like) will be in BOLD. Game script (events, actions, battles) will be in plain text and color-coded by type of script as follows:

• Required Actions (Feeding, Toilet, Cleaning Poop, etc.)
  • Recommended Actions (Games, Rehearsals, School, Work, Pro Debut, Training, etc.)
  • Random Actions (Mail, Visitors, Fortune, Sleep, etc.)
  • Generational Actions (Growth, Marriage, Birth, etc.)
All EXP and money values will be determined by a random number generator. Skills will be derived from the current status of the tama, and as such will not be marked in actions such as instrument practice but WILL be marked after games or rehearsals. For tamas without skills, they will use rng to determine skill gain from games. All rng is as follows:

• Easy Games/Work/Rehearsals: +1-10 EXP, +1-5 GP
  • Intermediate Games/Work/Rehearsals: +10-25 EXP, +5-10 GP
  • Hard Games/Work/Rehearsals: +25-50 EXP, +10-25 GP
  • School: +5-15 EXP
  • Pro Debut, Job Acceptance: +50-75 EXP, +20-30 GP
  • Growth: +10-15 EXP
  • Marriage: +1-10 EXP, +10-15 GP
  • Giving Birth: +1-5 EXP, +5-15 GP
  • Proper Training: +15-25 EXP
  • Gift from King: +1-5 GP
  • Positive Mail: +1-5 EXP
  • Negative Mail: -1-3 GP
  • Skill Points: +5-10 Int./Art./Soc. (if no set skill system)
Every major milestone (growth, marriage, birth) or major event (pro debut, accepted into work) will advance the current scene by three steps. Every minor milestone (concert, wages paid, etc.) or minor event (visitor, 3-star fortune, etc.) will advance the current scene by one step. Each scene has a set number of steps, between 5 and 20, required to advance based on the difficulty of the scene. In some cases, a challenge will occur in a scene, requiring the proper number of steps AND a specific amount of money, EXP or a specific skill level to pass.

Any modifications to these rules will be made in future posts. Please consult the most recent list of rules for updated information.

If you have an idea for a quest our brave adventurers can embark on, PM me! The best ideas may make it into the ongoing log/story!

Alone at the top of a tower, buffeted by the cold wind, sits our protagonist, Resid. He is but an egg, left behind by his parents, who died in the top of this tower to which they were imprisoned. Now, left with the burden of his parents, he must find his way down from the tower.

Resid is born.

Resid eats (x5).

Resid plays Jumping Rope. (Int. +?) (+9 EXP, +3 GP)

Resid takes a nap.

Resid plays Jumping Rope (x3) (Int. +?, Soc. +?) (+13 EXP, +10 GP)

Resid grows up. Resid is now Mizutamachi. (+10 EXP)

As a young child, Resid reads all of the tattered, leather-bound journals left by his parents. In them, they tell of fantasy worlds beyond his small tower, home to creatures like him with lives, jobs, homes, and families. He yearns to join this world, but his parents warn of a prophecy that states thus: "If ever the vagabond should break free of his chains, it is a sure sign of disaster for this world and all who reside in it. But if this vagabond be strong and brave and kind so much that he lends his heart to the world, he may yet save it. For if he stays chained, few feel the world holds freedom."

Resid fears for the day he will escape the tower, but he longs so much for the world beyond that he devises a method of daring escape. His only obstacles are his weak physique and lack of materials. (To proceed: 50 GP and 125 EXP for each party member)

Resid goes to sleep.

STATS:

Resid

V4

Gen: 1

Stage: Toddler

Traning: 1

EXP: 32

GP: 13

Int.: 12

Art.: 0

Soc.: 4

Last edited by a moderator:
I decided to start posting the previous day's events so that my posts aren't at 23:00. That being said, yesterday was crazy. I was at a play for my little brother last night, so I had trouble keeping up with the activity log. That being said, I think it's pretty accurate.

EDIT: I'm pausing my V4 starting tomorrow at 08:00 on the dot and unpausing it after our vacation is over, then repausing it over the last two weeks of July because of marching band. There will be an update tomorrow covering today's events, but nothing after that until I return from vacation.

As a young child, Resid reads all of the tattered, leather-bound journals left by his parents. In them, they tell of fantasy worlds beyond his small tower, home to creatures like him with lives, jobs, homes, and families. He yearns to join this world, but his parents warn of a prophecy that states thus: "If ever the vagabond should break free of his chains, it is a sure sign of disaster for this world and all who reside in it. But if this vagabond be strong and brave and kind so much that he lends his heart to the world, he may yet save it. For if he stays chained, few feel the world holds freedom."

Resid fears for the day he will escape the tower, but he longs so much for the world beyond that he devises a method of daring escape. His only obstacles are his weak physique and lack of materials. (To proceed: 50 GP and 125 EXP for each party member)

Resid wakes up.

Resid receives mail. Fortune: Money, 3***; Heart, 2**; Fitness, 1*

Resid plays jumping rope. (x5) (Int. +10, Art. +12, Soc. +6) (+22 EXP, +19 GP)

Resid uses the restroom.

Resid receives mail. Invitation to preschool.

Resid goes to preschool. (Art. +2) (+7 EXP)

Resid eats a snack. (x3)

Resid plays jumping rope. (x2) (Int. +6, Art. +6) (+15 EXP, +5 GP)

Resid uses the restroom.

Resid eats a meal. (x3)

Resid plays jumping rope. (x2) (Soc. +8) (+15 EXP, +5 GP)

Resid is scolded. (+22 EXP)

Resid eats a snack. (x3)

Resid plays jumping rope. (x2) (Int. +6, Soc. +6) (+14 EXP, +9 GP)

Resid uses the restroom.

Resid receives mail. Fortune: Money, 2**; Heart, 2**; Fitness, 2**

Resid receives mail. Money from King. (+1 GP)

Resid eats a meal. (x3)

Resid plays jumping rope. (x2) (Art. +3, Soc. +1) (+8 EXP, +5 GP)

Resid uses the restroom.

Resid is praised. (+24 EXP)

In the quiet of the night, Resid weaves together piles of tattered robes, moldy blankets, and stained shirts. He paid off the guard at his door to steal old clothes from the garbage down in the nearest village. It took more coin than he hoped, but it paid off. He secures the end of his makeshift rope to the metal bedframe he spent so many nights on and tossed the other end out the window. It doesn't quite reach the ground, but it stops at a safe enough height to jump down.

Resid tests his weight, deems the rope safe, and carefully climbs down. When his feet hit the ground, he darts into the forest, recalling the maps in his parents' journals and wishing he'd thought to bring one. Just on the other side of the forest is a small village with a blacksmith and a food market. He plans to stay there and prepare, but first, he must make it through the forest alive. (To proceed: 250 EXP and 150 Int. for each party member.)

Resid uses the restroom.

Resid eats a meal. (x3)

Resid plays jumping rope. (Int. +3) (+2 EXP, +3 GP)

Resid receives mail. Fortune: Money, 2**; Heart, 2**; Fitness, 2**

Resid plays jumping rope. (Int. +6) (+6 EXP, +4 GP)

Resid uses the restroom.

Resid is scolded. (+23 EXP)

Resid eats a meal. (x2)

Resid eats a snack. (×2)

Resid goes to sleep.

STATS:
Resid

V4

Gen: 1

Stage: Toddler

Traning: 4

EXP: 175

GP: 59

Int.: 43

Art.: 29

Soc.: 25

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunate news, everyone. This log will have to be put on hold until much later, as I left my V4 in a place where I can't access it again until the end of July, and starting in August, all of my energy will be put into my current Back to School group hatch. When this log is reinstated, likely in September or early October, I will reset my V4 and add my Music Star. I may also change how steps, EXP, and GP are calculated, as I won't be able to track every action I take once school starts.

Again, this log will be inactive as of today and stay that way until September or October, and my Back to School hatch will begin on August 15 for those interested in another log to follow. Until then, this log will not have any new posts. If you have questions or do not understand, please PM me.

Latest posts

Back