San Diego Comic-Con Exclusive P1 & P2 Replicas

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamapalace

Reaction score
tumblr_inline_pbhauaBLjk1toxdax_500.png

If you’ve been drooling over the images GameStop has released of the P1 & P2 replicas this week, then boy do we have some good news for you! You may recall that these devices will not be available for sale until October, but if you’re in the San Diego area you might just be in luck.

tumblr_inline_pbhbmdbP0c1toxdax_500.png
If you’re attending the San Diego Comic-Con this year you will be able to purchase 2 exclusive Tamagotchi’s straight from Bandai’s booth (#3535). Bandai will be selling exclusive metallic Tamagotchi P1 & P2 replicas. These devices feature the same programing as the original P1’s and P2’s back in the 90’s. The packaging is merely identical to the packaging GameStop released, but note that the top features the “Convention Exclusive” verbiage.

The P1 features a purple metallic shell, where as the P2 features a blue metallic shell. Both devices feature yellow buttons. These models are completely exclusive to the San Diego Comic-Con. Bandai will be selling them for $40 USD, and there will only be a limited number of them available each day of the convention. The San Diego Comic-Con starts on Thursday July 19th, and wraps up on Sunday July 22nd.

tumblr_inline_pbhbm0Ge5X1toxdax_500.png
So if you can’t wait until October to get your hands on the replicas, then we hope you’ve got tickets for the San Diego Comic-Con and a few extra dollars to get your hands on one of these! We want to hear what you think in the comments below, which shell is your favorite?

It's weird the P2 replica in blue shows Mametchi since it should show Mimitchi, the P2 equivalent. I'm assuming this is simply being lazy with promos and photoshopping the other colour onto the P1 replica. Anyway, I'd rather save up my money to buy two of the new designs coming out in October, which is really beside the point that I don't even have a passport so that even if I could convince my father to take me, it is impossible. I'd imagine that if somehow wound up at Comic-Con and and got to the Bandai booth in time, I'd probably go with the purple P1. Blue is my favourite colour and I love metallics, but the P2 is the version I've played the most (and I only have one P1 compared to my 2 P2s).

I do appreciate that Bandai is raising further awareness that the originals are coming back since that means further hope for Tamagotchis taking off again. Two things that are weird with the packaging is that is says 15+ at the top and Mimitchi is purple while Mametich is blue (really conflicts with the colour schemes of those versions). The age rating may give people the wrong idea since usually things are given "content ratings" and not "difficulty ratings". The most graphic the originals got was in the death animation, and that was simply a slow heartbeat while the tamagotchi looked sick/was in bed (can't remember) and then left behind a spirit and a gravestone or a spaceship flying home. I'm pretty sure 12 year old K.B. could have handled an original just as well as present day K.B. and probably wouldn't be that distraught if it died (she lived through her fish dying with barely any distress).

Yup, that listing has the metallic purple P1. Might want to wait a few days for more to pop up on ebay.

Last edited by a moderator:
That shade of blue has stolen my heart :kusatchi: I guess it makes sense since my favourite colour is blue. It's weird the seller values the P1 more considering both it and the P2 have practically the same status. Furthermore, even in the second hand market there is no difference in the pricing of either model.

Both of these posts link to an ebay auction page. Are you sure that these are not personal links to your own ebay pages?

I'm asking because there are similarities in the ebay user name and your email address here at TamaTalk. You're new to TamaTalk so you might not know that we ask all our members to promote any personal links - including links to their sales pages - in a signature message only, not to promote them via posts on the site.

Please check this topic on our forums: https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/189690-farewell-to-tbay/

Thanks for your understanding.

I stumbled upon a listing on ebay recently for these items but unsure if they are the ones this post is about. Could someone verify?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Original-Tamagotchi-San-Diego-Comic-Con-Exclusive-And-Limited-Edition/263828068635

Yeah looks like the P2 version is a bit cheaper at $100 from the same seller.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/263828065089
In any case, Eggiweg's post is also sensible - it might be smart to wait a few more days to see what else comes up on ebay ;)

We've got our hands on the 2018 San Diego Comic Con Convention Exclusive P1 & P2! Heres just a sampling of our pictures, there are more featured on our blog.

tumblr_pca13z5hyK1uon9hao1_1280.jpg
tumblr_pca13z5hyK1uon9hao3_1280.jpg
tumblr_pca13z5hyK1uon9hao2_1280.jpg

We've got our hands on the 2018 San Diego Comic Con Convention Exclusive P1 & P2! Heres just a sampling of our pictures, there are more featured on our blog.
It's nice to see them finally apply an official term to what fans refer to as "P1" and "P2". I don't recall them doing so back in the day. So, "Gen 1" and "Gen 2" it is, then. :p

Also, I must say that the colours look very nice in real, non-promotional images! :D

The metallic shells are gorgeous! I wish I lived in/near San Diego, so I could buy them... Ebay might be a good option once the Comic-Con is over, but the prices are probably going to be more than my wallet can handle. :p In any case, it's nice to hear that we'll be seeing more of these in stores a few months (just in time for my birthday by the look of it :D ).

It's nice to see them finally apply an official term to what fans refer to as "P1" and "P2". I don't recall them doing so back in the day. So, "Gen 1" and "Gen 2" it is, then. :p
If I recall correctly, they were refered to as Gen1 and Gen2 too, it was just a way to differentiate the Japanese release and the American one. I don't remember which ones were G1/G2 and which ones were P1/P2, though.

If I recall correctly, they were refered to as Gen1 and Gen2 too, it was just a way to differentiate the Japanese release and the American one. I don't remember which ones were G1/G2 and which ones were P1/P2, though.
Ah, interesting! I've never seen either used in an official capacity on packaging or on any websites or other literature before.

The only thing that differentiated the Gen 1 and Gen 2 units, at least here in the UK, was that the Gen 2 packaging had the Tamagotchi logo coloured lime-green instead of magenta. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back