Need Help in deciding on m!x version...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

user 212414

Reaction score
I really want a tamagotchi mix, but I can't decide on which one I really want to get. Are there exclusive items as well as exclusive tamagotchi types? I know that in order to unlock everything, you need more than one m!x, but I more than likely won't be getting more than one, which makes the decision even harder. I like classic characters, but the anniversary ones are super expensive. And I like cats, so I was thinking Melody version. The sanrio one is cute too. It's hard to pick. :(

Melodytchi isn't a cat, but guess she does kind of look like one! I never really thought of that.

I don't know, it really depends on what characters you would prefer to see mixes of... When it comes to the two basic models, Melody and Spacy, it's just the two characters that are different on each, and they also have a special location that has different items in it. The location that needs unlocking is the Mermaid Palace, and by association Gozaru Village. If you don't have another tama, you won't be able to visit the characters from those places. Same thing goes for Dream Mix, who has the same locations, other than the Dream Town (it also has two additional characters too, plus the purple version has Pianitchi iirc)

Now there are two versions of the Anniversary, the normal one and the Gift. I think the Gift goes for cheaper? There's a few differences, mostly a few items, two characters and the gift also has a new location. Now, I have the gift and there's one odd thing about it- to unlock two locations it needs two items that you can't obtain on it, and I have no clue if you can obtain them in any way other than sending them from another tama. If I recal correctly, the normal Anniversary doesn't need another tama to unlock things at all.

Now, I think Sanrio doesn't need a second tama to function. Choose this if you like the characters. I know it can be expensive but I think it's worth it, since it also has one or two gender neutral characters, which is helpful when you want to make your character look a certain way.

Melodytchi isn't a cat, but guess she does kind of look like one! I never really thought of that.

I don't know, it really depends on what characters you would prefer to see mixes of... When it comes to the two basic models, Melody and Spacy, it's just the two characters that are different on each, and they also have a special location that has different items in it. The location that needs unlocking is the Mermaid Palace, and by association Gozaru Village. If you don't have another tama, you won't be able to visit the characters from those places. Same thing goes for Dream Mix, who has the same locations, other than the Dream Town (it also has two additional characters too, plus the purple version has Pianitchi iirc)

Now there are two versions of the Anniversary, the normal one and the Gift. I think the Gift goes for cheaper? There's a few differences, mostly a few items, two characters and the gift also has a new location. Now, I have the gift and there's one odd thing about it- to unlock two locations it needs two items that you can't obtain on it, and I have no clue if you can obtain them in any way other than sending them from another tama. If I recal correctly, the normal Anniversary doesn't need another tama to unlock things at all.

Now, I think Sanrio doesn't need a second tama to function. Choose this if you like the characters. I know it can be expensive but I think it's worth it, since it also has one or two gender neutral characters, which is helpful when you want to make your character look a certain way.
I know she's not really a cat, but she reminds me of one lol.

Thanks for the info! I finally ordered a Sanrio m!x. Now to figure out a way to get the english-translated guide and print it out for taking places with me, since I won't be able to read japanese at all lol

You don't need to be able to read to use Japanese tamagotchis at all, or even need a guide. You will easily memorize the menu at some point, and even if you don't memorize it, there's always trial and error! I think taking a guide would be too cumbersome, I never bothered with that.

Though I do recommend learning Hiragana and Katakana for easy identification of things and/or reading the generated Tamagotchi names on the M!X.

It's actually quite easy and way faster than you think, I recommend Tofugu's guide for learning those syllabaries. It took me few hours to learn them with these guides.

You don't need to be able to read to use Japanese tamagotchis at all, or even need a guide. You will easily memorize the menu at some point, and even if you don't memorize it, there's always trial and error! I think taking a guide would be too cumbersome, I never bothered with that.

Though I do recommend learning Hiragana and Katakana for easy identification of things and/or reading the generated Tamagotchi names on the M!X.

It's actually quite easy and way faster than you think, I recommend Tofugu's guide for learning those syllabaries. It took me few hours to learn them with these guides.
Where can I find this guide? On the forum somewhere, or off-site? lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back