Are Tamagotchi Anniversary and Gift M!X'es still being made?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reize

Reaction score
Hi, I want to get into playing with Tamagotchis and did a bit of research and have identified the M!X series as the most suitable one for me. As I'm only getting one for myself and one for my mom, I'd like to be able to buy the Anniversary ones to avoid requiring other M!Xes to unlock stuff.

I'll be heading in Osaka and Tokyo next month, will there still be new units sold for specifically these 2 models, or were they only made for a limited amount of time?

I'm... pretty sure they aren't? I think they were limited... Maybe you can still find it somewhere but I'm really not sure, after all these are expensive now for a reason, their starting price wasn't more expensive than others...

Maybe check if they're sold out in places like CDJapan or Amiami, if they're not getting supplies anymore then probably they're not made anymore.

The newest version is the Dream Mix i think. Does Dream Mix need two units to unlock everything too? I don't remember...

Last edited by a moderator:
I checked with the Tamagotchi subreddit and a user replied that the Spacey, Melody, Sanrio and Dream M!X'es all require connections to unlock everything. Only the Anniversary and Gift ones don't.

I don't know if they still sell in stores, but I've bought all three of mine, including a 20th anniversary, from Yahoo Japan using a proxy. If you want a m!x, this is a good way to go. I proxy a lot of random things from Japan.

Proxy buying gets EXPENSIVE though. Ive had to do that for some of my Mugenbines. Who do you go through?

Also, I got my Anniversary M!x of JYW. It was used and cost like $70, but looks and runs like new, so... *shrug* The white one seems to go for more than the pink one usually, but there's a bunch on ebay right now for not much more than what I paid for mine.

I got my rainbow/white 20th anniversary for $50, but proxied it over with an aibo and a bunch of other random crap. I don't know how much shipping would cost for a tamagotchi alone, but DHL is usually pretty cheap. EMS is fast, but only worthwhile for large items. Most cost $80+ on ebay though, so I've found proxies cheaper when shipping them with other stuff I proxy. For proxies, I use Zenmarket because fees are low. Buyee is alright too. Just don't use Rinkya because their fees are insane.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I got back from Japan 2 weeks ago. While I was there I bought a Sanrio and Dream m!x at Kiddy Land. Booted both up immediately and then went to look for the M!X stations and got enough connections to unlock the Mermaid Palace on both M!Xes so I'm good.

Loving them right now!

So I got back from Japan 2 weeks ago. While I was there I bought a Sanrio and Dream m!x at Kiddy Land. Booted both up immediately and then went to look for the M!X stations and got enough connections to unlock the Mermaid Palace on both M!Xes so I'm good.

Loving them right now!
Where is Kiddy Land? I'll be in Japan this September, it will be a mostly sightseeing trip but we will visit some shopping malls, I hope I will be able to find something good.

Where is Kiddy Land? I'll be in Japan this September, it will be a mostly sightseeing trip but we will visit some shopping malls, I hope I will be able to find something good.
You can find Kiddy Land in many malls around the major stations. I was in Osaka, so I visited a Kiddy Land at Umeda station. I also found one along the street at Harajuku's Meiji-jingumae station while I was in Tokyo.

Nice, I'll be in Harajuku and also in Venus Fort where I think there is Kiddy Land too. Hopefully I'll get to buy something!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back