Roco battling ball

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eggiweg

Reaction score
Anyone come across these virtual pets before? Link to lot. They come with a color lcd screen and appear to have some sort of bluetooth connectivity and battling function. When mine arrives I'll log it, but if anyone has any info on them, it'd be much appreciated.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l500.jpg

I haven't seen this before and all I can tell is that it is recent. I wonder if it might be less of a virtual pet and more of a game as the packaging gives an adventure/combat feel. There have been Vpets in the past that have mixed care giving with battling, some seeming to be more heavy on the battling to the point it might as well be a game. What's advertised looks to be a quality item because otherwise I would assume it is some weird knock-off pokeball. Perhaps the producer was going with that angle and while not intentionally trying to be a Pokemon copycat, the similarity was intended to draw the same audience (would work for me since I'm always interested in games similar to Pokemon).

Chances are there will be some dialogue in the device which might pose a problem, but perhaps you'll get lucky and it will only be token. Or maybe you'll have a full-blown story; I've heard of people playing JRPGs even when they can't speak the language and somehow they still manage to enjoy the game and complete it. If you have any basic knowledge of RPGs, it will probably come in handy for this device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back