New Tamagotchi LINE App!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamapalace

Reaction score
tumblr_inline_pbv6fn2ulr1toxdax_540.png
LINE, a popular calling and messaging service available across several platforms have just announced a new feature, and Bandai is delivering some Tamagotchi goodness as one of their launch partners!

tumblr_inline_pbv6soi8VB1toxdax_540.jpg
LINE Quick Games is the new feature that allows users of the popular messaging service to enjoy games right from within the LINE app. These games within the LINE app are developed using HTML 5. There will be basic games, but in addition to puzzle games and shooting games, LINE plans to offer games utilizing LINE’s chat function.

Bandai has partnered with LINE to launch a Tamagotchi game! This new Tamagotchi game will be quite simple, and definitely sets itself apart from the My Tamagotchi Forever app released earlier this year. Within the app you can raise, feed, and play games with your Tamagotchi. You will be able to marry your friends Tamagotchi’s and mate!

tumblr_inline_pbv6sjmNSh1toxdax_540.png
LINE plans on launching this new feature in the summer of 2018, with 8 initial games, including this Tamagotchi game. This new feature will be available later this summer as an application update.

SOURCE: https://lqg.game.line.me

LINE apparently hasn't found much traction outside of Japan, yet. I wonder if this will see localised releases in other countries?

LINE as well as LINE games are decently popular outside of Japan (and Korea), actually. LINE Cookie Run was very popular, though it was recently closed down just because they made a new and improved version that was standalone rather than linked to either LINE or KakaoTalk (Korean version was on Kakao and a lot of people played on it because it had new Cookies ahead of time). There was also a fairly popular game featuring Disney Tsum Tsum.

LINE as well as LINE games are decently popular outside of Japan (and Korea), actually. LINE Cookie Run was very popular, though it was recently closed down just because they made a new and improved version that was standalone rather than linked to either LINE or KakaoTalk (Korean version was on Kakao and a lot of people played on it because it had new Cookies ahead of time). There was also a fairly popular game featuring Disney Tsum Tsum.
Hence why I said "much traction", rather than "any traction", of course. ;)

I've rarely heard mentions of LINE come from outside of Japan and Korea, and even then it's usually from the enthusiast-press.

Still, it'll be interesting to see where Bandai and LINE go with this Tamagotchi title. I must say that I didn't expect it, considering that My Tamagotchi Forever is still pretty recent!

Is this app Japan exclusive? Everything looks like it’s in Japanese and line is based mostly in Japan!

It probably is. Line has a lot of english games but still there's a vast majority of games in their original languages that never get translated.

Eh, nothing stops you from playing them in Japanese, a lot of times it's not necessary to know the language to enjoy the game.

The app is now available for anyone with LINE Quick Game - you don't need a Japanese phone to use Quick Game, but all the games are in Japanese. I havent been able to use the app much just yet - my Tamagotchi is sleeping so I think it runs according to the Japanese timezone, but from what I can tell it's just a standard Tamagotchi, perhaps with a few additional features.

Can someone help me figure out how to get the game going? I downloaded the Line app and don't see it in the list of games. What do I do next?

Wanna create a Line group? Apparently you can marry your tamagotchi like in M!X and trading items sounds cool too. Also, is it already to play? I have the app but I don't seem to find it anywhere

Ok, I got it. First go to this link: https://twitter.com/line_qg/status/1041914714618568705?s=20

It's the twitter account of Line Quick Game and that's the tweet about the Tamagotchi vers. You must open the link featured in that post with your Line app. If you're not a Line Quick user, it will ask you to register (it will doit automatically once you allow it). Then the Line Quick Game account will be added to your list. And you can access the games with that chat! Once you're searching the games, look for the pinky icon with magenta/pink letters. That's the Tama!

Sorry for errors, english is my second language.

And I'm in!!! Thank you for the help. I just could not figure it out on my own. LOL. A group sounds like fun! What do we need to do? We can add friends?

I don't really know yet how to add ppl... As soon as I figure out how to do it I'll post it here! I guess we need to add the line users and the game itself will reconize wich of our contacts haves the game. But before asking for Line IDs I'll search somewhere if this is true.

Anyway, I'm happy I could help!!

As far as I'm playing the game is good, but saddly, the time is according to the japanese timezone. Wich sucks for me because I have exact 12 hours of difference. I guess I'll leave my tama at something that seems to be a hotel so it's not completely alone while I'm sleeping.

We have a little farm in our garden and you can also visit random Tamas (playing with them, feed them, etc.).

My fav feature so far is that you can grab your Tama and if you throw it too high it will get angry xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back