Connection failure đź’€

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TamaSugarBiscuit

Reaction score
I just got Tama mail - one English V3 and one Japanese v2

They will not connect

Yes I am choosing "others" on the V3, the v2 doesn't have options (unless I'm missing it in the Japanese language somehow)

My concern is that the v2 is not in the best condition, the plastic over the IR is a bit cloudy.

Should they naturally be able to connect leading to the conclusion of a technical failure on the well-worn v2?

Thank you for your time in reading this :)

Japanese v2? As far as I'm aware, Japan only got Tamagotchi Plus, which is a v1, I'm not 100% sure but I think v2 is an English exclusive model... (All connections that are in English in general are English exclusive, with an exception of the v1 and v5, btw.) And I'm going to believe that it's true because v2 has a shop, which isn't an option in Japanese connections. Japanese and English connections are VERY different, there is never a "Japanese version of a v. x", except if it's a v1 or v5.

There's a high chance they're not compatible with connecting. I think from Japanese versions, only Keitai is willing to connect with English models.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the information! After double checking my Japanese model is the peach kisses model listed on the Tama shell project v2 page. It has a Japanese flag under it... No points system. Maybe it's just listed on the wrong page or I'm still not understanding.

There's surprisingly not a lot of information about this, I've read that there is a "second generation" of the Plus but the only difference I see are the shells. I don't think it has a v2 programming (I just read that v2 is actuallty based on a Keitai, which actually makes sense, even though Keitais look like v3.) So the project tamashell might be wrong.

However, I've read on a pretty reputable website that they SHOULD be able to connect.

I don't have a Tamagotchi Plus so I can't check how to do this however.

Well I believe the plastic over the IR has aged too much. The sellers listing said "tested for function and working" but maybe the connection wasn't tested... Or these are just not compatible. I will continue to research and again thanks for your time in responding and the useful information.

If anyone has ideas feel free to chime in!

I have connected a V3 and a japanese tamagotchi plus it can be a bit touchy as the timing thing but mostly I have seen connections fail (instant fail) due to batteries being too low other than that I have nothing to offer you

It connected! Just really finicky. Understandable for "vintage" toy lol

Still a good conversation about the version and shell and Japanese release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back