Tamagotchi Digimon V1

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TamaDude7

Reaction score
My Digimon has 3 missing vertical lines on the screen. I have opened it up and cleaned it with isopropyl alcohol, but the lines are still there.

Any recommendations?

Have you tightened the screws as well as possible?

If nothing works it might be pixel burnout, not sure if changing the screen altogether wouldnt be the easiest solution. You'd need to buy a broken Digimon or Tamagotchi (vintage) for that, though. Not sure how common these are.

Yeah, the screws have tightened. I could buy a Japanese one to replace the screen, but I'd probably just keep the Japanese one the way it is, just incase the screen on that one broke while switching them out.

Japanese ones are pretty cheap, so that's a good idea. If yours is English then it's best to keep it as a collector's item.

Try putting pressure around the screen just to make sure it's not a contact problem. The zebra connectors can be really finicky.

If I apply pressure to the screen the pixels don't show up (not even faintly), maybe I could replace the zebra connectors?

Not sure where I could get replacements, and if I did would they be difficult to replace?

Do they look worn or bent out of alignment?

I think it might be more of an issue with the screen as Jhud said.

You can probably use the connectors from another virtual pet if they're the same size.

Digivice isn't the same thing as Digimon v1. Digivices are separate things from the vpets and use way more advanced screens than those.

Yeah, it seems like these screens were just not meant to last 21 years. I might try and track down one of the re-releases from last year, do you know what those originally retailed for? The ones on ebay are quite expensive.

Well, most of the screens work well for us, even after those 21 years, both on Tamagotchis and Digimon. It's very rare to have a irrepairable screen condition like yours.

I think the original retail price of those 20th anniversary ones was 35$ or so, but they were only sold on the Premium Bandai store for a very limited run, hence why they're so expensive- Digimon things aren't sold to the public, only adult collectors online. (Since it's not a kid's franchise anymore, but an adult one.) So there's no real sulprus of them, especially since the 20th anniversary Pendulums just came out. Ebay generally overprices them, they sometimes go for like 65$ on JapanYouWant if you're lucky (the second wave mostly, the first wave in the original colors goes for more).

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe I'll look out for an original with a damaged case or something, just so I could harvest the screen out of it...

The reason I said the reason was age was because that's what a lot of other forms said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back