Calling all hamster experts!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KidRetro64

Reaction score
Ok hi everyone!

I have a hamster called peanut, shes coming up for a year old and I recently moved her into a new cage (because her other one was broken) and she seems to be sleeping a lot more than usual. Like, shes usually up pretty much whenever we call her name or anything, but now whenever we take her out she seems really sleepy and tired.

Any help?

She could be either sick or trying to hibernate (they usually hibernate because it's too cold, too hot, or because they're getting insufficient nutrition. Remember to get her animal protein in form of mealworms from time to time)

There is also a possibility that her cage isn't big enough so she's bored.

I would visit a vet just in case.

She could be either sick or trying to hibernate (they usually hibernate because it's too cold, too hot, or because they're getting insufficient nutrition. Remember to get her animal protein in form of mealworms from time to time)There is also a possibility that her cage isn't big enough so she's bored.

I would visit a vet just in case.
If she’s bored 8n her cage, that can’t be the case because I just got her a new massive one! My mom is not letting me take her to the vet either because she claims that she is fine, but then again she wants her to grow up and be A OK!

Any way of convincing her to do this?

Tell her that a hamster needs vet visits as much as a dog or a cat. Hamsters are prey animals, it's definitely not normal for them to be sleepy when you take them out.

Ok will do, but she says I should not worry because half of this situation started from me just looking up hamster facts until I found out about wet tail (a.k.a diarrhoea for hamsters ((yes that’s a thing)) but much worse as it can lead to death and other side effects)

I knew about it before, but she fell under about half of the symptoms for it because of stress and stuff.

(DISCLAIMER: I know stress is to be expected from all of the stress ((moving cage, not seeing me and my family for a while, etc.)) and I am very aware of this happening)

We feed her cucumber a lot (because she loves it) and this is also one of the symptoms for wet tail.

So I tell mom this:

“Mom, Peanut is nearly a year old now and we should have taken her to the vets more than 11 months ago, but you said no.”

And then she says something like:

“Silvie she’s FINE! If she was sick or something THEN I might consider going, but not for a general checkup.”

So, any way of changing the last bit of dialogue to something like; “You know what, your right we should maybe get her to the vets.”?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back