Hey Tamagotchi FanGirls!

Really hype today (Partly cause I literally just booted up my LPS Tama) for some reason!

So My LPS started up like how you would when you just got a new brand of VPet for the first time and have no idea what you are doing with it!

Well first of all I had no idea what I was doing (of course) and somehow ended up in a train station being carted around in a train like it was nobodys business XD

Then I went to the doctors I think? Not exactly sure but I could just make out a catipillar or something next to me.

Then the screen froze😬

Yeah, rough start.

Is there a de-bug button or something like that?

(Btw the screen froze on the bottom of what seemed like a massive building? Not exactly sure!

Any help would be approved!

Hasbro actually still has the instructions available online, for these virtual pets! You can find them in PDF format here.

The instructions say that if it freezes, you'll need to get a pen or a paperclip and press the reset button. They also show where that button is.

Hopefully the rest of the information there will be handy, too - have fun! :D

Edited by Penguin-keeper
  • Like 2

Yeah, restart it. I used to ha- wait, I DO have an old LPS game and so the V-Pet could be similar in a few ways. You start off seing all the pets in the adoption centre then you get 3 pets (although the V-Pet only has 1 I think) and they get taken to your pet shop on a train. Then you arrive in a field and feed the pets and keep them happy. I think games earn Kibble (the currency) and running around as there are Kibble coins on the floor. So you play games and yeah, that's the DS game. With the V-Pet you said there was a train, then a doctors - that confuses me - so next you may find yourself in a field. Do they have the icons above and below the screen like other tamas? If so, from there it could be just like a tama/confused tama. xD I think that's all I know... Good luck!

• Like 1

Yeah, restart it. I used to ha- wait, I DO have an old LPS game and so the V-Pet could be similar in a few ways. You start off seing all the pets in the adoption centre then you get 3 pets (although the V-Pet only has 1 I think) and they get taken to your pet shop on a train. Then you arrive in a field and feed the pets and keep them happy. I think games earn Kibble (the currency) and running around as there are Kibble coins on the floor. So you play games and yeah, that's the DS game. With the V-Pet you said there was a train, then a doctors - that confuses me - so next you may find yourself in a field. Do they have the icons above and below the screen like other tamas? If so, from there it could be just like a tama/confused tama. xD I think that's all I know... Good luck!

Trouble is.. the reset button does not work! No matter how much I try its almost.. jammed? The cat is still on the screen in the train station and nothing happened, then again I dont want to go raking about in the programming because I dont want it to break.

EDIT:

I dont have the LPS DS game (even though I have a DS Lite) but that sounds familiar! Yeah there was a doctors or something like that but that was it, and about a million other buildings and stuff along with it! How do people call these boring?

Edited by KidRetro64
  • Like 1

Trouble is.. the reset button does not work! No matter how much I try its almost.. jammed? The cat is still on the screen in the train station and nothing happened, then again I dont want to go raking about in the programming because I dont want it to break.

EDIT:

I dont have the LPS DS game (even though I have a DS Lite) but that sounds familiar! Yeah there was a doctors or something like that but that was it, and about a million other buildings and stuff along with it! How do people call these boring?

OK... They have... 3 buttons? :/ Try A+C and different button combinations. Maybe one'll reset.

Yes, there are lots of buildings. (In order of LEFT to RIGHT) The photo/collections place. In here you can view how many pets you have, playsets, accessories, ect. The boutique. In the store you can buy hats, glasses and accessories and dress up your pet! The store. You can buy accessories, playsets, pets and more here for Kibble. Then I think it's the place where you connect with other Nintendos to play games. So yeah. :) I really hope you can get it to work - oh, I know! With your mini, you got it new and pulled the tab, right? If you can get a small piece of paper, fold it in half, and carefully push it into the side by the batteries, y'know, then pull it out, it may restart. But perhaps cover the paper in sellotape so if the batteries are really hot there won't be a fire...? Talk to your parents about that method first though, as they'll know better than me. xD

• Like 1

Just to let you know, there are only 2 buttons! (Reset it on the back) It also came used, and there is no pull tab slot anywhere to be seen.

Edited by KidRetro64

Just to let you know, there are only 2 buttons! (Reset it on the back) It also came used, and there is no pull tab slot anywhere to be seen.

Oh. :/ Hmm... :o Idk then... I can't think of anything... unless you try un-jamming the reset button? Just try and poke it until it gets out... um... unscrew the back. Take out the batteries and put them back in. Maybe that'll reset it?

• Like 1

Right.. Ok. Not exactly sure what to do but.. I will think of something.

Taking out the batteries and putting them back in may be the last option you've got... I'm sorry :( Did the seller list it as faulty...? If not maybe you could return it and find another LPS V-Pet...? I'm really sorry, let me know if they mentioned any faults.

• Like 1

She

Taking out the batteries and putting them back in may be the last option you've got... I'm sorry :( Did the seller list it as faulty...? If not maybe you could return it and find another LPS V-Pet...? I'm really sorry, let me know if they mentioned any faults.

I really don’t want to send it back and probably can’t because my dad was the one to buy it, and it does not reset when you put in new batteries of what I know of.

Good news: I unjammed the reset button, and it works again!

Bad news: Screen froze on me again when I just wanted to wake him up from sleep mode (turns off after 2 minuets) had to reset the whole thing!!! It made a weird noise and then pixels came up on the top and bottom of the screen, the buttons did not do anything so I was stuck unless I reset it! Is there a de-bug button in it?

She

I really don’t want to send it back and probably can’t because my dad was the one to buy it, and it does not reset when you put in new batteries of what I know of.

Good news: I unjammed the reset button, and it works again!

Bad news: Screen froze on me again when I just wanted to wake him up from sleep mode (turns off after 2 minuets) had to reset the whole thing!!! It made a weird noise and then pixels came up on the top and bottom of the screen, the buttons did not do anything so I was stuck unless I reset it! Is there a de-bug button in it?

Ah... IDK how much you did but you may have to reset... I saw a topic about glitches you can do on those pets and how to turn it back to normal, maybe the 'back to normal' thing would work? I'll see if I can find it for you...

Oh, but that was using buttons, so... try resetting... sorry. Wish you luck <3

• Like 1

The sound keeps on lagging and stuff honestly expected more from Hasbro but maybe mines just faulty. Just me and my luck XD

Have you tried fresh, known-good batteries (not super-cheap ones), coupled with a reset as per the instructions?