I don't understand anything

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamawhat

Reaction score
I just bought one of these doodads at Walmart, I think it said gen 3, 20th anniversary edition. So far all I have seen are two icon options, a food ball and some kind of crisscross food thing. Are there no health bars or anything? I don't know how to tell if it is hungry or happy.

Looks like you got a series 3 mini! They are pretty simplistic, I have a basic guide for you that I wrote myself:

All tamas grow up based on care, never luck. The mini has a baby stage and an adult stage. The baby stage is always the same, a little blob that bounces around. But here are the adults:

tamagotchi-20th-anniversary-original-model-rerelease-2.jpg

From left to right you have Mametchi (perfect care), Kuchipatchi (good care), Masktchi (bad care), and Nyorotchi (horrible care). The last one is Oyajitchi, which all the characters will turn into after a week of living. The only exception is Bill (the ?), who's the secret character. You can get Bill from giving a Mametchi perfect care.

The lifespan of the mini seems to be 2 weeks in my experience.

You can turn off sound with A+C. Press B to view the clock. If you need to change the time, press A+C. Then use A to scroll through hours first, B to confirm and then A again for minutes and B again to confirm. If you don't confirm a change time, and leave your mini on the changing time clock screen (you'll know because the numbers will be blinking), then your tama is technically paused. It will not grow, get older, get hungry, etc.
I've noticed that sometimes pressing C a few times (not on clock screen) will make your tama dizzy, which is kinda cute.

Since there is no status bar, pressing A only gives you the option to feed your tama a meal and snack. You don't have to watch your tama devour these everytime btw, you can just keep clicking B to continuosly feed your tama until they shake their head. When they do this, you know that they are full. This is the only way of knowing whether or not you've feed them enough so don't be scared to keep feeding them. Them shaking their head does NOT decrease care or make them unhappy.

A acheives just about everything including feeding meals and snacks to curing illness to cleaning poop.

To answer your question in short, there's no scale, you just feed both options until it refuses to satisfy it's hungry and hapiness.

There are more complex tamas being re-released (kinda) in stores soon, check the thread under "Comments and Rumors"; they're the P1s and P2s from the '90s.

Hope I helped! :D

edit: here's the link to the thread! https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/195309-2017-tamagotchi-p1-p2-appear-in-gamestop-inventory-system/

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so much, that was extremely helpful. :) I did try looking around for some sort of guide before asking but there are so many different versions it is pretty overwhelming. If I enjoy this little guy I might consider a more advanced one in the future.

Nice write up, Hapihapitchi! The only minor detail I would add is that four servings of each option is all that is needed to satisfy hunger, although in most cases this invisible "meter" is full so repeatedly pressing B works just as well.

So far all I have seen are two icon options, a food ball and some kind of crisscross food thing.
Those are respectively a bowl of rice and a wrapped candy. The rice is a holdover from the Japanese version as Japanese people eat rice more than bread, the equivalent icon on the English release of the Original Tamagotchi. Also feel free to post any and all your Tamagotchi questions as we TamaTalkers will be happy to help you :lol:

Thank you so much, that was extremely helpful. :) I did try looking around for some sort of guide before asking but there are so many different versions it is pretty overwhelming. If I enjoy this little guy I might consider a more advanced one in the future.
Yay, I'm so happy I could help! I really think you'll like it, and I'm sure you'll agree that the minis are a bit simple and a more complex tama is definitely needed.

Nice write up, Hapihapitchi! The only minor detail I would add is that four servings of each option is all that is needed to satisfy hunger, although in most cases this invisible "meter" is full so repeatedly pressing B works just as well.
Thanks, forgot that little number!

Those are respectively a bowl of rice and a wrapped candy. The rice is a holdover from the Japanese version as Japanese people eat rice more than bread, the equivalent icon on the English release of the Original Tamagotchi. Also feel free to post any and all your Tamagotchi questions as we TamaTalkers will be happy to help you :lol:
Preach! I love receiving PMs and I'm sure I can help you with anything else tama related, so feel free to ask!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back