LEAKED: Tamagotchi Meets Launching November 2018

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamapalace

Reaction score
tumblr_inline_pd5d8yiEPJ1toxdax_500.jpg

We’ve been waiting to hear something about a new Tamagotchi for a few months now. Bandai tends to release new devices either in the summer or fall of every year, or lately, every other year. Well its about that time where we start seeing some leaks, and this year does NOT disappoint! We’ve got a whole bunch of leaked images and information, this is courteously of the Tamagotchi Facebook group. The original source is a suppliers flyer/magazine that features the upcoming toys for the season.

tumblr_inline_pd5d9pq2MW1toxdax_500.jpg

First off, lets start by introducing the name… Tamagotchi Meets. The new Tamagotchi Meets looks very similar to the Tamagotchi M!X, it appears to feature the same shell shape and similar color scheme. It also appears that this version drops the cracked egg front plate design. There will also be two initial versions of the Tamagotchi Meet, similar to what we saw with the M!X which featured both the Spacy and Melody versions. The initial two versions will be a Fairy and Magical version, we’ll go into further detail below.

tumblr_inline_pd5dflCSPE1toxdax_500.jpg

The Tamagotchi Meet features gameplay almost identical to the Tamagotchi M!X, where you will still be able to marry and created mixed characters thanks to genetics. However, this version adds some more features which introduces a whole lot of fun! For the first time Bandai will be introducing the ability to raise twins! There is even more to get excited about, pets are BACK! There are 8 pets to choose from and you will be able to take are of them and bring them with you almost everywhere, this is very similar to previous versions, but there is more! You will now be able to not only raise your pet, but your pet can even get married and have children of its own! What’s really cool is that the M!X concept applies to pets too! So we can see a whole bunch of different types of pets!

tumblr_inline_pd5dauk5Ph1toxdax_500.jpg

Now let’s talk characters; everyones favorite. There are a bunch of new characters featured on the Tamagotchi Meets, there are a total of 29 characters, about 18 new characters joining 11 of your favorites (welcome back, Kikitchi!).

The Tamagotchi M!X Station is here to stay! You’ll be able to visit and even marry exclusive characters, buy new items, and much much more. It appears that you’ll get exclusive items from different characters that you meet on the M!X Station, which are seasonal. We’re not entirely sure if the name M!X Station will stay, or perhaps Bandai will have a new naming convention. We wouldn’t be surprised if the existing stations and newer stations will be backward compatible.

tumblr_inline_pd5dbkH2h21toxdax_500.jpg

We’ve saved the best for last. There will be an exclusive Tamagotchi application that we are told will be HUGE! The application will allow you to send your character from your device to the application on your smartphone or tablet through Bluetooth connectivity. On this application you can interact with any other user, so you can play with your friends who live far away. Keep in mind this application we are being told is a Japan exclusives and will be available on both Android and iOS.

tumblr_inline_pd5de3AKeb1toxdax_500.png

The Tamagotchi Meets can connect with the Tamagotchi M!X, however some functions are not available.

How about accessories? Well it looks like your favorite lanyards are back! These new lanyards were introduced with the Tamagotchi M!X, and they’ll be getting a minor refresh this fall by featuring new characters and colors along with exclusive charms.

tumblr_inline_pd5dcnMYre1toxdax_500.jpg

Although information is limited we hope you enjoyed reading a bit about the Tamagotchi Meets that is scheduled to be released in November of 2018. We will keep you posted as new information rolls in, and we will definitely be more than happy to answer your questions.

*Images and information provided by the Tamagotchi Collectors group on Facebook*

I'm definitely going to pick up one of these. It'll be my first colour Tamagotchi. :D I just need to decide which version and shell that I want!

I do wish that it was a little bit clearer which characters are available on which version, though - the chart from the catalogue pages is a bit too cluttered.

Woah this seems like a m!x who just got a bunch of software updates :D Do you think this version will be able to connect with the m!x?

Woah this seems like a m!x who just got a bunch of software updates :D Do you think this version will be able to connect with the m!x?
I've been reading that it should be able to connect with m!x's still. Doesn't sound impossible, same game mechanics just more content. The meet also still has the infra-red, even though they're updating to bluetooth, so I'd say that's a good indication.

I just really can't wait for an english patch.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm definitely going to pick up one of these. It'll be my first colour Tamagotchi. :D I just need to decide which version and shell that I want!

I do wish that it was a little bit clearer which characters are available on which version, though - the chart from the catalogue pages is a bit too cluttered.
I'm pretty sure the difference will be the same as in the original M!Xes- everything the same except two characters in each.

Oh... the characters all have Mametchi Syndrome.

Why is Mametchi treated like the default for new Tamagotchi designs? Why are all the new Tamagotchi bipedal humanoids? Think outside of the box a little!

Heck, even the Tamagotchi pets (which annoy me, since Tamagotchis, themselves, are supposed to be pets) seem to have more diverse body types.

Tamagotchis aren't supposed to be pets, they're alien people we just happen to take care of. They have always been, even since P1. So the concept of pets doesn't bother me at all. I mean, Neopets has that too (and even the pet's pets also have pets there...) and Neopets also fall between pets and people (since there are more humanoid Neopets npcs)

As for Mametchi Syndrome, I think that's just the style they chose to go with, maybe that's what the target audience prefers... They're going for a popular mascot design style (yuru kyara). In earlier color versions they did this to accomodate the dressing up function and guess it stuck?

I'm pretty sure the difference will be the same as in the original M!Xes- everything the same except two characters in each.
That's what I thought, but that chart sure isn't the easiest thing on the eyes. :lol:

Thanks very much, Jhud!

I know previous coloured tamas had objectives such as collecting tama tomo stamps, is it mentioned anywhere that the tamagotchi meets will have this kind of feature?

I know previous coloured tamas had objectives such as collecting tama tomo stamps, is it mentioned anywhere that the tamagotchi meets will have this kind of feature?
As far as I know, all of what's currently known is written in the post here.

Tamagotchis aren't supposed to be pets, they're alien people we just happen to take care of. They have always been, even since P1. So the concept of pets doesn't bother me at all. I mean, Neopets has that too (and even the pet's pets also have pets there...) and Neopets also fall between pets and people (since there are more humanoid Neopets npcs)

As for Mametchi Syndrome, I think that's just the style they chose to go with, maybe that's what the target audience prefers... They're going for a popular mascot design style (yuru kyara). In earlier color versions they did this to accomodate the dressing up function and guess it stuck?
1. We feed them, clean their poop, and play with them. They die when we neglect them and breed when we tell them to with whom we tell them to. They're pets, even thiugh they're aliens.

2. The pet pets annoyed me, too.

3. The Mametchi Syndrome, even if it sells well, does make the characters generic and less memorable, which is a problem.

Gotta admit I'm really hyped for these versions! I wish they had black or white shell options though. The pastels are.... blaahhh

ohh im so excited! my anni m!x was my first tamagotchi and i love it to pieces, i can't wait to get my hands on one of these!!

Yes, I know that the fact that we feed and take care of them while they're actually people not pets makes no sense, but that's just Tamagotchi to you. That was the lore since the P1 up to this day, back then they were just quirky characters and today they're idols and superstars with jobs who just happen to have accidents on the carpet and can't feed themselves for some reason. I honestly have no opinion on them having pets myself and it's okay to not like that, but still trying to apply logic for that is fruitless, it's kind of like when people are against there being supernatural life states in The Sims series when it's a life simulator.

Besides, probably like in the previous versions you will have to actually go out and try to get a pet and just not do it if you don't want to- in the previous versions it took a LOT of tries to get one and it was so not-obvious that a lot of times people had no idea that this is even a feature. So I'm not too worried about it runing any "immersion".

I think I'm definitely getting both, even if they end up not being much different. I just know that in the end I would want the other one for the sake of completion anyway and getting both during the pre-order time in JYW will for sure be way cheaper than trying to find another one later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back