Back to School Hatching

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello, everyone! It’s time to start logging our tamas for the Back to School Hatch!

Here are the people who signed up:

*FluteLoop

*Kuchikid

*Iza

*Jazzijk

*Knighttchi’s Ballad

One important note is that the original hatch host, FluteLoop, has appeared absent but all the work has been done so the last thing we need is this hatch log.

Based on what came up in sign-up thread, I’m tweaking the hatch rules a bit while still being in line with the spirit of the idea. The goal of this hatch is to run a Tamagotchi for a minimum of 3 generations with a maximum of 5 generations (enough to be an accomplishment and also reasonably allowed by FluteLoops remark of “You can drop out early if you must, but please try not to go over, and do your best to stick with it until the end!” ). There is no restrictions on logging style or version.

Start logging anytime – you’ll see me post a bit later – and, as FluteLoop has so aptly said, “do you best to stick with it until the end!” It’s not too late to join, so if you gotta tama and you want to log along with us, go right ahead! :^)

Usually I post something on the first day of that hatch regardless of if it is a complete day or not. Allot of things happened yesterday and I was a little more worried about meeting deadlines than posting (not to mention my free time clocked in around 11:00 last night). But, like I mentioned in the sign-up thread, I take notes and I picked out a nice big partially used notebook for the purpose (I like to “complete” notebooks although I would prefer buying a new one but that is kinda wasteful).

One other note is that compared to my other logs, the picture quality will have dropped. This is because I’m using my 2DS’s camera instead of the family tablet, primarily because it gives me more freedom to take pictures (because it’s mine) and thus there will be more of them, more illustration. Additionally, the quality is half-decent as most of the details are apparent, just a little blurred.

==Mercredi le 15 août==
[Note: I will be writing the date in French for practice as I am learning that language. The number will always be the bilingual reference point. Mercredi (mare-cruh-dee) means “Wednesday” and “août” (oot) means “August”.]

Here is the group I’ll be using for this hatch:

Hri2gPT.png

An interesting quirk of the connection models is that if data is downloaded after there is a crying baby on the screen, it will resume on the parent’s last day. That no doubt happened to my V4.5 and I decided rather than manipulate the time so that the parent would leave, I would let the baby stay with his mother.

I turned my attention to my ID and began the start of the next generation by marrying off Mitzy, the current tamagotchi.

7xBI1B3.png

It is a nice touch that the ID added a sequence that shows the parents on a date, yet still a little peculiar that is the only time the partner is seen. I feel mixed about how quickly the parent runs of, but it served its purpose that day.

At 12:32, I started caring for Mitzy’s baby and decided to call him Nemo. It felt nice running a colour tama again. I fed him and then took him to the arcade for his happiness, or at least that was what I intended. It had been awhile since I used my ID so instead Nemo headed off to the park and met an Ichigotchi and they went on a ladybug ride. Unlike any of my other tamas, the ID has a happiness bar and after I played a few games with Nemo – discovering my old skill and the “stop on the monkey head” trick for the slot machine – I found games weren’t cutting it. I let him play with the toys I had collected over the generations, a fast an easy way to boost the meter. He first started with a basin and then progressed to a remote control car, multi-ink pen, and then a story book. I caught him needing to go a few times which also upped his happiness.

BiL8L4B.png

At 1:04, Nemo was soundly asleep but then awoke at 1:06. I really had my hands full with this kid so I decided my P1, the only unhatched tama, would be started later. I looked at the clock and found the calendar was set to the 12/12 (December 12th) which was probably the last time I ran my ID, which also explained why it was snowing in Nemo’s world. I set it to the correct date of 8/15 (august 15th) and everything was back to mild summer days. I decided Nemo would become a Kuromametchi (who, I had already achieved the TamaTomo for). At 1:16, Nemo called for attention while his screen was off and I found him sick, again.

At 1:29 I decided to check the date on my V4.5 and found it to be 24/4, or the 24th of April. I decided to leave the date as it was. At 1:31, Nemo evolved into a goofily adorable toddler and received 300 gotchi. More options opened up so I took him to the convenience store and bought him a sandwich.

jnthBNd.png

There was a hiccup with my P1 whose display started to become fainter and fainter. I thought it just need to have its batteries padded with cardboard (I read something that recommened that) but instead it turned out I had a dead batch of batteries. Those ones I had taken out of my vintages after I ran them and hadn’t used them in ages, so it was weird they went dead. With new batteries I was able to return my P1 to a bouncing egg awaiting the clock to be set. During the whole time I was trying to solve the problem and migrated between floors, started my V4, had to go downstairs to shut it off, and then started my P2 at my upstairs desk, my cat was following me around. He was getting in the way like a fluffy pillow I had to step over, walk around, and be careful not to hit (I have accidentally kicked my cat a few times). He was forgiven because he’s cute but maannn! Does anybody know how to give a pillow a brain?

I speculated on starting my P1 after lunch or when the remainder of my family left for the bible study. I turned my attention to my V4.5 and observed it more thoroughly. I had left of with an Ura Memetchi (Memetchi with wings) named Emma who was the 6th generation. Her son would start the 7th generation and I decided to call him Omen (Nemo backwards). To follow the slight theme, I decided the P1 would be called Demo. I mused that Nemo and Omen would have similar days being fed and cleaned and played with. I searched the connection’s items to see if he could do anything with his mommy, but there were none like that.

It had been a hectic time – well, I did jump from 3 to 6 tamas and I even brought out my big tama stand! I also had to work too which meant the future held allot of desk time for the logged and unlogged. I wondered if they might learn a thing or two about French and organizational culture.

Around lunch time, I put Omen in a stand with my long living oldie Sotilde and took them to lunch with me. Due to the ID having a screensaver, there is little point in propping it up to be visible so I just let him play with the car again to up his happiness and went to lunch. As usual, I, Papa Ballad, and Brother ballad ate together and watched a history lecture. Thus Omen and his mommy witnessed me chowing down on spicy instant noodles while a teacher detailed the early U.S. presidency before the civil war (my father believes U.S. history is world history). After half an hour, we came back to my desk. I’m guessing around that time I took this picture of Nemo and the sunset-stained evening sky.

jT1Oh7X.png

I took Omen and Nemo walking with my father and I in the orange-tinted evening. We strolled around my favourite neighbourhood where there are vast stretches of sidewalk edged with quaint bungalows and old-fashioned houses. First I talked about a person whose exaggeration made all their speech questionably sincere, further aggravated by how their actions told a different story. Other factors made them both reasonable and naive depending on what the true situation was. I checked Nemo during the walk and found he was asleep.

1gsGLwT.png

I then brought up a status on TamaTalk that told how a person’s family called them childish because of their Tamagotchis and told them to grow up. My father was in a heckling mood and made several jokes along the way, while also dispensing the pearls of wisdom that “childish” is used when there is no way to justifiably insult something, and adults may see things in toys that children don’t. This segued into the ironic situation where adults do supposedly “childish” things that are perfectly normal, such as my uncle and his board game collection, women who collect dolls, card games (Go Fish is played with no shame), and adults who collect anything. My father gave the prominent and obvious example how he reads my grown brother bedtime stories every night about the animals of the Green Forest (Sammy Jay, Chatter the Red Squirrel, Johnny Chuck, Peter Rabbit, etc.) and I’m sure he enjoys them just as much as my brother does.

Towards the end of the walk we were discussing machismo, primarily because I thought it was likely those he-mans in movies have a woman they bend over backwards to keep, as it appears to work in real life. My father weighed in that some of the examples I witnessed and heard in the church were actually just “pastor talk”. He also mentioned my mother reading that men will key a person’s car but women will key a person’s reputation. He then gave the anecdote along with it where a woman posted her boyfriend’s break-up letter to Facebook for help critiquing his grammar, thereby projecting all the was wrong with him to her circle of friends and their friends, thus potentially anyone he will ever meet. Also while we were walking, I saw a man with a bright blue Macaw and pointed him out, politely. My father appeared disinterested and revealed he had seen that guy before and suspected him and his Macaw had illegal motives.

At home, my V4.5 was paused while I read Shma Ballad my organizational culture notes. Also, because I missed my opportunity supposing that my brother and father would go to the Bible study, I didn’t start up my P1. We later had dinner and some time late into the day I discovered Omen’s clock was off 4 hours. I put it just two hours off and when it slid back to the main screen, the lights were out with two Z’s bobbing in the darkness. Here’s a picture of that and one I took earlier of Omen, Emma, and Sotilde in a stand:

h3xJXQr.png

- - - -
I hope more people log so this doesn’t become “Knighttchi’s Ballad’s ironic Back to School Hatching” (being homeschooled and all).

I hope more people log so this doesn’t become “Knighttchi’s Ballad’s ironic Back to School Hatching” (being homeschooled and all).
OH SHOOT. I thought this was supposed to start on the 17th. Ummmmm... sorry? I'll start tomorrow. I still haven't decided which one to do, though.

I decided to go with my camo V2. Keep in mind that I'll probably be logging in the same (short) format and general frequency as I do in my private log.

This is Darcy. Look at his glorious range of E M O T I O N.
20180816_215140.jpg
20180816_214133.jpg
20180816_222136.jpg

I knew the minute I saw him that he would someday be a star. I never, however, expected that to be literal.
20180817_204253.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I intend to log! Since my baby died today I think I'll restart it in the morning, but pictures tend to be a big hassle for me. Any tips on that front before I begin my first true post to start logging? I don't want to miss out on any of the fun (I feel that pictures are a big part of it tbh) but that gets tiresome for me when it takes too long to do and I have to fiddle with sizes. If nothing else I'll just log with text. See y'all soon!

@Kuchikid - your post was short and sweet :^)

@QueenRita - Imgur has a picture editor that is accessible after uploading a picture, hovering over it, clicking the little pencil next to the trash can, and then clicking edit. The three important features it has are cropping/resizing, flipping the angle, and brightness. There are also other ones that look cool to fiddle around with but in my experience, pictures primarily need cropping and brightness adjustment (often going up a level of brightness or a level of darkening). While pictures do add to a log, they are not more important than the narrative. The narrative gives substance and the pictures give illustration, and together they make something great.

One piece of advice I'll give you is don't feel pressured to take a picture of everything as just a few important ones liven up things enough.

I intend to log! Since my baby died today I think I'll restart it in the morning, but pictures tend to be a big hassle for me. Any tips on that front before I begin my first true post to start logging? I don't want to miss out on any of the fun (I feel that pictures are a big part of it tbh) but that gets tiresome for me when it takes too long to do and I have to fiddle with sizes. If nothing else I'll just log with text. See y'all soon!
imgbb lets you upload many photos at once, then click on each one to open it individually. Paint.net is a free program that has the most useful Photoshop features (like resizing with the highest quality algorithm automatically), but an easier interface.

Darcy grew into a UFOtchi, and I know this is supposed to be a hatch, but is it okay if I also log my other V2, Hazel? I was going to reset both, but I realized Hazel was on the ninth generation and I didn't have the heart to kill her. Fun fact: despite not being my first Tamagotchi, my yellow butterflies V2 (which no longer has any butterflies) is my oldest Tamagotchi, as I had a white V1 that was destroyed to the point of no repair before this one. My camo V2 is my newest Tamaogtchi.

I intend to have Darcy and Hazel mate once Darcy is an adult. I can't even recall what Tamagotchi Hazel is, since she's been turned off in that costume for who knows how long? I guess we'll all find out soon enough.
20180818_161029.jpg
20180818_163458.jpg
20180818_163530.jpg

I'm late to the hatch- sorry! I lost my tamagotchi's for a bit.. Anyways! Hi! I'm Rita, running my V3 and V4.

- August 19th -​
The V3 has a baby girl named Darby, she evolved earlier into a Tongaritchi. The V4 has another baby girl! Her name is Woomy, she's evolved into a Mohitamatchi. Not much has happened today, I'm just waiting for them to grow up so a little more can happen. I find I'm not very good at the school game, and trying to aim for an evolution usually doesn't work for me, so I intend to let them grow on their own.

I feel bad for losing them yesterday, but it turns out my little brother had moved them somewhere that was covered up and that I wasn't looking because I knew I'd just, set them down on something so I could pick them up and unpause them once we got back from the store. Ah well. At least he remembered where they were.

I had them paused most of the day, I went to work in the morning and when I got home my little brother had told me where they were and I fetched them up before going to study terms for anatomy class (I have a test tomorrow; wish me luck). Now that my academics and job are out of the way I'm spending time with the girls while I debate what to put in my bullet journal for this week, it's always fun to put something together that you end up using.

Tomorrow I'll be at school, no phone's allowed. Nothing said about Tamagotchi's though, playing the minigames gives me something to do during the idle times, after all waiting for class to start or end tends to take a while... I just try not to use them when it'd be inappropriate, or at least only feed them until I can play games with them at lunch or after school during the ride home.

That all said, I intend to have more to log tomorrow, I'll be with these girls for longer and have more to talk about probably. If nothing else I'll have to pause them. I do need to figure out how I'll be carrying them about, 2 tamagotchi's make noise when they clack together while I walk.. Ah well. I hope you guys have fun with your tamas! I'll be back tomorrow hopefully.

Hi, I'm Eggiweg and I'll be logging my dream m!x and my v4.

Sorry I'm late for the hatch! Had to wait for my m!x to become an adult before I could hatch a new egg, also waiting on one of my tamas to become an oldie so I can breed it with my v4 and get some old man babies.

Day 1 | August 19th | Dream m!x​
My previous tama got married to the love of her life, an anthropomorphic shrubbery and had a yellow tamabotchi called Melyn. Melyn was a bit upset at having to leave his cosy egg, but cheered up after mom and dad showed him all the fun things you could do in the outside world. He still wanted to keep a piece of his shell and wear it as a hat though! Following an intense hour of child-rearing, Melyn evolved and it was time to get his own place. Mom and dad saw him off with a little care package and directions home, just in case!

After unpacking, Melyn threw a little housewarming party with some friends and fireworks before falling asleep under the stars. Goodnight Melyn ^^

Pictures:

dsov5Is.jpg

Darcy grew into a UFOtchi, and I know this is supposed to be a hatch, but is it okay if I also log my other V2, Hazel? I was going to reset both, but I realized Hazel was on the ninth generation and I didn't have the heart to kill her. Fun fact: despite not being my first Tamagotchi, my yellow butterflies V2 (which no longer has any butterflies) is my oldest Tamagotchi, as I had a white V1 that was destroyed to the point of no repair before this one. My camo V2 is my newest Tamaogtchi.

I intend to have Darcy and Hazel mate once Darcy is an adult. I can't even recall what Tamagotchi Hazel is, since she's been turned off in that costume for who knows how long? I guess we'll all find out soon enough.

20180818_161029.jpg
20180818_163458.jpg
20180818_163530.jpg
I really love old tamas that have had their designs worn off completely. They remind me of the old solid color P1/P2s.

Day 2 | 20th August | Dream m!x

Sent Melyn off to parental daycare in the morning where he spent the day watching tamaTV. In the evening, he evolved into his teenage form, complete with starry PJs (a hand-me-down from his mom), and as you can see, he clearly takes after his father!

okXeRNg.jpg

Sent Melyn off to parental daycare in the morning where he spent the day watching tamaTV. In the evening, he evolved into his teenage form, complete with starry PJs (a hand-me-down from his mom), and as you can see, he clearly takes after his father!

okXeRNg.jpg

All your pictures are so cute, not just in those post, in all of them! ^^

okXeRNg.jpg

All your pictures are so cute, not just in those post, in all of them! ^^
Thanks! I spend way to much time resizing them in GIMP :lol:

Oof. I forgot that Pochitchi isn't a costume in my last post. Oops.

Anyhow, here's a picture of Darcy during his bath, and broosh time for doggo.
20180818_215040.jpg
20180819_142009.jpg

Over the last few days, Darcy and Hazel became friends.
20180819_203608.jpg
20180819_203858.jpg

Here's Darcy playing with a plant:
20180819_203814.jpg
20180819_203819.jpg

Darcy eventually grew into another Pochitchi, so now I have the elusive double doggos.
20180820_224302.jpg
20180820_224625.jpg
20180820_224553.jpg

So they call it pupper love-
20180820_224323.jpg

Day 3 | 21st August | Dream m!x

Melyn evolved into... his dad, but orange. This must have triggered a search for his own self-identity, as Melyn then got a dye job and tried on a bunch of hats, though none were to his liking. After a long think, which was interrupted by a disembodied heart crashing through his window, Melyn decided to take up a new hobby, badminton. As expected, he was quite terrible at it at first, but after some helpful guidance from a Lovelitchi he met in the park, he learned that your badminton skill was directly proportional to the number of racquets you're using. How simple! This kindled a new love for badminton and possibly a new love? Thus the melyn-choly ends.

GK13d6S.jpg

Hello, everyone! I forgot to log yesterday, but I'm ready to log today!!! Let's get started

- August 20th -​
Not much happened during the day while I was at school. I put Woomy to sleep for the day and spent time with Darby since I'd played my V4 at school during the first week. Darby and I sat through financial math and while we waited for everyone else in class to finish drawing binder covers we went shopping, purchasing a shovel and immediately using it due to boredom, lol. Darby dug up a snake and was not happy about it, so I took care of her afterwards and clipped her back onto my belt loop once class was over and I needed to trek across the school to Anatomy, but not until after lunch of course.

In the evening I was preparing to watch a livestream when I noticed one of my girls was beeping. I looked over and it was Woomy! Awake and ready to shine. She evolved into an Ichigotchi, my lovely strawberry daughter! I'm so proud of her. I knew Darby would evolve soon so I set them both up so my desk light would illuminate them well and soon enough Darby evolved into a Batabatatchi. Adorable! I love floating/flying tamas..

Soon after that the girls bid me goodnight and I turned Darby's lights off for her once she was nice and in bed, perhaps she doesn't do it herself due to a fear of the dark? I know, I know, turning them off is part of their care, but why not make up a story, y'know? Anyway, later that night I went to bed myself, leaving them at my desk instead of bringing them to bed with me like usual. I guess I was just tired.

- August 21st -​
Today was a bit different, though maybe perhaps because I've only just gotten home? haha. I spent the day with Darby again, her sister Woomy asleep on my keychain. I almost forgot to turn Darby's lights out during first period, as that's really the only class I'm worried about not being able to tend to her. She was fine, stayed asleep until it was time for art when we could play. I drew a lot so I didn't spend much time with her other than giving her a late breakfast and a few rounds of headings, but I think she enjoyed it nonetheless.

During lunch we played a little bit together when I wasn't distracted by inside jokes and inappropriate sculptures made with molding clay, but all in all it was a wonderful time. I clipped Darby back to my belt loop once the bell rang and didn't check on her until my next period when she was pouting at me. I checked her needs and she was just fine, so I sent her to time out while I readied my things before playing with her and giving her a treat before I had to leave her be for another hour or so.

As that class was winding down, we went into the common area to do stations. Once one station was finished and while we waited to move on, I would play with Darby. We even got 200 gotchi out of a chest! A few people asked me what "that thing" was and I told them. They were all supportive instead of kind of mean or weirded out about it, so that's great!

Now we're all home. Woomy is up and Darby has her sound back on. They're both laying in their nest of beads I've made so I can see them at all times. I hope they enjoy their evening, and I hope you all do too.

:wub: Happy logging! :wub:

Time for a little life update. I'm going to be really busy this week so my posting will be rather late. I have taken copious notes and pictures so it will be pretty worthwhile content. Suffice to say there have been quite a few evolutions and both Nemo and Omen are adults (a Kuromametchi and Ura Togetchi, respectfully). My P1, a decided girl named Demo, is currently a teenager (a Tamatchi) but I predict when I start logging again she will have evolved also. Nobody's gotten care mistakes and they've all got their usual TLC (don't think MSG, think hugs) so all's good.

I do wonder about what kind of state I'll be in for the rest of the year as French is quite intensive with all these exercises, yet the content is not mentally challenging (except for speaking, but with a few key words how wrong can you go?) Thankfully this will be a long hatch, long enough to get perfectly comfortable. Oh yeah, welcome to the group Eggiweg!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back