Pixel Chix HELP ASAP!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KidRetro64

Reaction score
So I got a Pixel Chix, got of to a pretty rough start. Lets list these glitches, shall we?

2 Storey house glitches:

About 5 seconds after flipping up to the bedroom, half of her body turns into a pixely mess. Came and went a few time since but seems to not have that problem now.

A bunch of random objects seem to be appearing at the top of the screen in the bedroom, always stay there no matter what.

Normal house:

No sound! Where is the sound on button? Any fix?

Character seems to be coming and going, not too major but would still like a fix.

Please send help! I was really exited for these and dont want my dad to feel bad about them. Thanks!

Thanks for the video, Softlock12! That will certainly come in handy for other Vpets. I didn't know fixing sound wires can be so easy.

Now back onto the main issue. I found some unfortunate news about Pixel Chix here:

I'm afraid it's bad news - internally, it's been very poorly manufactured, with single, flimsy wires throughout the inside of it, taped loosely together, with some rogue bits of solder on the main circuit board.

There was nothing wrong with the speaker, so I think part of the main audio circuitry has failed.Unfortunately, many others are in a similar position [...]
Weirdly enough, I found the instructions for the two-story house but it didn't mention the sound at all making me think there isn't a button for it. The place I linked two did have some mentioning a sound switch, but maybe they had a different version. If there are no visible indications of a sound switch on the outside of the device, it probably doesn't have one.

As for the random objects, I saw a clip from a commercial and that seems to be normal.

There's a sound switch. :/ On the back near the bottom there's a little switch, I think it's off, quiet, on. If it doesn't work then you gotta open it up to fix it, but that ended badly for me once. >.<

I have found the switch for the 2 Storey, but nothing for the smaller house. I really am scared to go raking about inside of a 12 year old Vpet, but if the tutorial links around to the Pixel Chix, it could work!

My Dad is discussing sending them back with the seller, but I really like the 2 Storey one a lot. The other one doesn’t work though, so yeah.

Here’s a thought, on the advertising picture of the item on eBay, the 2 houses were connected and the blue character was in the big house! This doesn’t work for me, at least it seems like it.. it might have been bashed around in the mail!

It’s kinda disappointing, I think from now on I might stick to Bandai’s Tamas. Still might try it though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back