Pixel Chix- Worth it?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KidRetro64

Reaction score
Ok hey, today I am going to be talking about Pixel Chix, the well loved VPet that only complains about its life to you!

Just kidding, but I am going to explain some faults in it, but also some awesome features that I really like! Without further ado, lets do this review!

I got them yesterday, in ok condition. A few paint chips and marks, the usual. For a moment I thought the screen was selo taped on, but it wasnt 😂

The battery compartment is really hard to get open, and can be broken VERY easily so, might want to be careful with that!

Pixel Chix require 4 AAA Batteries, I am ok with that. Turns out I was 1 battery short for all of them, meh.

Ok first of all, I turned on the big pink one. It came on immediately, it was awesome seeing it for the first time with batteries in it! How cool!

Then, a fault. I switched the little thingy to go for floor to floor, and as soon as I got onto the top floor a bunch of pixely mess came on the bottom of the screen, leaving only her head. This only lasted for a few seconds.

It went away, everything was fine! I fed it, played with it and stuff, it was so cool!

Once I sent it to bed, I tried out the other one. A fault came up as soon as I turned it on, there was no sound! It was very glitchy and laggy, the buttons were fine and so was the LCD screen. Definitely disappointed with the small blue one!

I would say yes, my ones seem to not connect, not to bothered though. I really enjoy my pink one, and I seriously think the blue on is in Spanish! No joke!

Tell me how you think of them, I think they rock!

Perhaps the blue one being Spanish makes it incapable of connecting to the English one.

I glossed over some early, ranting discussion about Pixel Chix before and noticed allot of people complaining the girl inside had attitude and bad morals. Do you find she acts this way? When I began looking into Pixel Chix, I got the impression it was more like a game than a virtual pet. There seemed to be a focus on going up levels rather than being raised. Do you find your Pixel Chixs are more like games or like virtual pets?

They definitely seem interesting with pixelized graphics overlayed on a physical background. I vaguely remember seeing one in stores way back when but I don't remember if I played the demo or if it made much of an impression on me; however, I wasn't really in to anything remotely Tamagotchi back then (probably my lack of brain power at that age).

Update!

They do connect! It seems to be a problem with the speaker, because whenever I send the character from the blue house to the other one, she seems fine!

I can’t get inside, because you CAN open it up but it’s the roof that is holding it all together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back