Tamagotchi V5 Button Problems

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamaninjacat

Reaction score
Yesterday, I took apart and cleaned/fixed an old V5 of mine. However, I'm having some problems with the buttons. When I press them they either don't respond, or they over respond (the tama thinks I pressed the button two or even three times when I only pressed it once). The contacts and buttons themselves were cleaned yesterday when I took it apart, so it's not because they're dirty.

My V5 Celebrity had the exact same problem, but I was able to fix it because I had a broken V1 just laying around (I swapped buttons). So, is this a common problem with the V5's? Are there any other ways I can go about fixing this or do I have to do another button swap?

Thank you for your replies!

Buttons over-responding seems to be a common problem with the V5, as encountered also in this topic. I've never had them not respond either and because you solved your problem with replacing the buttons, it seems the V5 have faulty/defective buttons.
After looking through the topic that you referred me to, I decided to tighten the screws on the back as much as I could. It did end up helping a considerable amount, but it still has issues. However, these issues seem to be shared by most V5s, so at least I'm not alone. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back