Tamagotchi for the Gameboy

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have the game, though a relative owned it back in the day. We felt that it was a bit too fussy and over-complicated compared to the Tamagotchi toy-line, but it was at least its own experience.

I remember finding the

//www.tamatalk.com/IB/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png shows how long the death sequence goes on for, and how the game rubs it in your face by showing the Tamagotchi's spirit being confused and upset about having died, before eventually leaving its body.)
I don't know of any growth-charts (I wasn't a big fan of it, so I've never looked into it), but if it's of any interest, The Spriters Resource has rips of the game's sprites, backgrounds, and other assets, which at least show which characters appear. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, AnniChu, your thread inspired me to track down and order a used copy of the game online. :lol: Thanks. :D

I think that it's time for me to give it another try!

My apologies for double-posting - unfortunately, I cannot edit my previous one any longer!

Anyway, I would like to introduce Bobbo, who I hatched from a star-patterned egg yesterday evening;

21gHtZS.gif

This video was taken shortly before he evolved from a Shirobabytchi into a Marutchi, because in the Tamagotchi Game Boy game, Gen 1 characters and Gen 2 characters can evolve into characters from the opposite group. ;)

I definitely appreciate this game more as an adult. Whilst it's definitely more fussy than the original toys are, as I recalled previously, it's not really in a bad way - it makes good use of what the Game Boy hardware offered over the standard Tamagotchi hardware of the time, and a lot of what is in here came to be used in many later versions of the virtual pets themselves! (I once saw Jhud mention in another thread that the colour Tamagotchis are a somewhat similar experience to the Game Boy game, and I can now see those parallels easily.)

There are even things in here - such as dying easily from too many snacks - that were implemented in the recent Gen 1 and Gen 2 remakes!

//www.tamatalk.com/IB/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png

So far, I'd have to say that the Tamagotchi Game Boy game is an interesting step in the evolution of the vintage-era Tamagotchis, and the line in general. There seems to be quite a lot in here that we still see in the toy-line today, and which set the direction for how things would go during the Connection era and beyond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back