Screwdriver to Tamagotchi Connection's?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beckilly

Reaction score
I have some Tamagotchi Connection's. V3 and V4 for an example. And I was wondering what screwdriver I should use for them?

Some screwdrivers that doesn't match with a certain screw can actually break it. It happened to me. 😕

The same ones that you would use for a friends, I don’t know the name but that’s all I know!

Screwdrivers from a miniature screwdriver kit are perfect for Tamagotchis and other small electronics. I hear the name "Philips" thrown around allot which makes me think you need to look for a Philips miniature screwdriver kit; however, I imagine any miniature screwdriver kit will work. One tip is don't buy screwdrivers with short handles as, due to physics, they can't turn screws very well. Once the screw on the back cover of a Connection is taken off, there are smaller screws on the circuit board and those need a small screwdriver to be turned, which should be one size down from the one that was used on the back cover. Those small screws are equivalent to the screws on Vintages, so buying a miniature screwdriver set will give you screwdrivers for all models.

The same ones that you would use for a friends, I don’t know the name but that’s all I know!
I'm only used to Tamagotchi Connection's so I don't really know all the other ones. But thanks anyways!

Screwdrivers from a miniature screwdriver kit are perfect for Tamagotchis and other small electronics. I hear the name "Philips" thrown around allot which makes me think you need to look for a Philips miniature screwdriver kit; however, I imagine any miniature screwdriver kit will work. One tip is don't buy screwdrivers with short handles as, due to physics, they can't turn screws very well. Once the screw on the back cover of a Connection is taken off, there are smaller screws on the circuit board and those need a small screwdriver to be turned, which should be one size down from the one that was used on the back cover. Those small screws are equivalent to the screws on Vintages, so buying a miniature screwdriver set will give you screwdrivers for all models.
Yeah I know that it is a very small screwdriver, but there's so many different sizes to choose from and I want the exact one so I don't break anymore screws I think I have Philips screwdriver kit not all sizes though, but one of them was the one that broke my other screw. I have heard about a name called JIS screwdriver. But I can't find anyone that sells it, I guess I have to keep looking. But thanks for the help and the information about the screws on the Tamagotchi!

Try and source a JIS screwdriver if you can, they are less 'pointed' than Phillips which reduces the chance of stripping your screws. This isn't as much of a problem on the connections and friends, but makes a lot of difference for the vintage models.

I find a size #1 JIS screwdriver is good for the large screw on the back of connections, and a #00 JIS screwdriver is good for the inner screws or vintage screws.

You can find them in a lot of asian stores, and they come in sizes with the format #[number] rather than mm like the Phillips do.

custom-triumph-14.jpg

Try and source a JIS screwdriver if you can, they are less 'pointed' than Phillips which reduces the chance of stripping your screws. This isn't as much of a problem on the connections and friends, but makes a lot of difference for the vintage models.

I find a size #1 JIS screwdriver is good for the large screw on the back of connections, and a #00 JIS screwdriver is good for the inner screws or vintage screws.

You can find them in a lot of asian stores, and they come in sizes with the format #[number] rather than mm like the Phillips do.

custom-triumph-14.jpg
I think I've found someone who can sell me a JIS screwdriver, it will arrive in a week or so.

Crossing my fingers that I have ordered the right size

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back