Woaaaah that V4 is so pretty! You're right about it being the best version, that's something I'll never let down hehe~ The V4.5 is a good version too, but it's hard to find good listings for it around my area oops :( this blog is pretty cute tho! It's amazing how you keep managing to find all these good deals, I am so jealous of your english angelgotchi (but happy you managed to get one anyway :D)

TamaLog #10

December 6, 2018

Hi everyone! Here with some more Tama news! A general update- my Plus Color has STILL not arrived. I filed a missing mail report, and I'm hoping that USPS gets with the program and delivers it to me by the end of the day today, or maybe tomorrow. Anyway-

47683860_204484880428761_121842847035949

The gang's all here!

V4:

Chive has left me with his daughter. I named her Anise (keeping with the herb theme), and she is now a bouncing lil toddler! I'm on third Gen. now. I think I'm going to try for Memetchi this time around, although it all depends on what teenager I get. I've had her on pause for most of the day because of class, but she's doing well! She's still at 0 years old, but I'm hoping that I don't have the same aging issue that I had with Chive. I'm trying to pause and change the time less, but it's hard with school and work.

V4.5:

Phlox is a parent! Another baby girl, and this will bring me into my second Gen on the 4.5! He's still sticking around, but I think he should be going away either tonight or tomorrow night. I'm looking forward to seeing how far I can go in terms of generations. I'm still loving the 4.5- I think the games are more fun. But I am still having button troubles. I gave the contacts a little clean which hasn't seemed to help much. Hopefully I figure out what's going on with it.

V5:

Okay, I love this version. There's something so adorable about having a little family, all running around. I like the two games available, tea time and TV surfing. I'm really looking forward to getting some parents and being able to play the other games as well! All of them are teens now, so it shouldn't be too much longer. I might have the makings of a Mametchi family, although I'm really not sure how the "pure" families work. I'll figure it out, I suppose! I am very much considering doing a custom paint on this as well- maybe a light blue and purple gradient. I think it would look nice with the bright green accents, and it kind of matches the existing color scheme already.

I also wanted to share with you how I've been storing my tamas! The ones im not using are set up on my dresser, but the three I am running have been taking up space on my night table until now. I kept knocking them over, so I came up with a better idea!

47469925_542265709591883_607794917280632

Here they are! This is on the wall beside my bed. I'm using the little command hooks, and I gotta say, I love it. They're within reach at all times, but I'm not constantly knocking into them or having to rearrange them to put my phone down. Eventually, when I have a more permanent apartment, I'll probably find a little shelving unit or something to store them in, but until then this works perfectly! I'm not sure what I'm going to do with my Plus Color, if it ever gets here, but I'll find a place for it.

Thanks so much for all of your sweet comments!

i love those hooks!! super fantastic!!!

your commentary is quite enjoyable as well!!

TamaLog #11

December 9, 2018

Hi! Here again with another little update! Not too much has happened recently. Finals are approaching, so I've been pausing my tamas to do school work quite a bit. But, as you can see in the picture below, my Plus Color is finally here! I absolutely love it so far, and I'll go into more detail on that later. I'm still toying (pun not intended) with the idea of customizing my V5, as I've managed to scratch some more of the paint off by accident (I dropped it, bad me). I'm very much torn between trying to maybe repaint the original design, or doing something totally new. I probably won't have time for the next couple of weeks, what with two exams and two massive papers, but when I do get around to it, I'll be sure to do another process post, like I did with my V4.

48357754_278619279465101_891782318862945

V4:

Anise is a cute lil strawberry now! I'm hoping for Memetchi this time around, since I've never had that character. I still need to put the antennae topper on and paint it, but I just can't seem to find the time to actually sit down and do it. It'll probably get done when I'm customizing the V5. I've noticed that the paint is coming off, and still feels a little sticky in some places, so I might give spray varnish a try on the shell, to see how it works out. I have to say, the more I play with the V4, the less I like the games. I'm not really sure why, but I much prefer the games on the 4.5 and the Plus Color.

V4.5:

Clary is a toddler now, and doing pretty well. I don't know what character I want to try for yet, but seeing as I love all of them, I don't think I'll be too bothered. The 4.5 is by far my favorite connection, with the best games and probably the best animations. I'm trying to keep this one going and unpaused a bit more than the V4, just because I like it better, but it's super hard with all the work I have. Hopefully over winter break I can dedicate a lot more time to Tamas (and shiny hunting, too, but that's another story).

V5:

They're all grown up! I only got the Bonding to 60% before they evolved, and I'm still not quite sure how it works. But I'm figuring it out. I can't wait until I can start the next generation, and try out those other games that I don't have access too right now. I've been really enjoying the V5 a lot. It requires even less maintenance than the 4.5, which is super nice- I can just leave it alone for a while and they just do their own thing. It's always fun to catch them asking for training (they just called as I was writing this, actually!), and I love the little animations they do! It's so adorable. I'm not quite sure when they will be allowed to use the "Dating Channel"- I had kind of assumed that it was when they were adults for a full day, but I still can't. I'll just keep trying.

Plus Color:

It's finally here! I'm so excited to tell all of you what I think of it. First off, I love the shell. I'm usually not a very red person, but the color reminds me of a strawberry, and it just looks so nice! It's a LOT bigger than the connections, but it fits in the little carrying pouches I bought (and the seller also knit one for me, which was super nice!). Gameplay -wise, I LOVE it. The color and backlit screen is super nice, the animations are adorable, and I love the games. The fact that it's in Japanese, which I cannot read, does sometimes confuse me (like when selecting something from the menu), but I've played around with it enough that I know where all the important options are. It's just so cute! There are fewer characters available, but I kind of like the simplicity. I also love the little tokens that you need to collect- I'm trying so hard to get the Tea one right now. I can't wait for him to become an adult, and I can't wait to unlock even more features!