Wander

English Gudetama Tamagotchis release!

It looks like Gudetama Tamagotchis are coming to the USA and will only be available at GameStop.

These awesome eggs are set to crack on December 15 2018 and are now available for preorder on the GameStop website(link below). The packaging is in English so I'm thinking the game will be also?? :rolleyes:

175547b.jpg175545b.jpg175540b.jpg175543b.jpg

link to gamestop https://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-gudetama+tamagotchi,28zu0

I hope it's in English. I have the yellow Japanese one already, and would like to get the same in English. Dec.15, you say? That would be a nice b'day present for me since my b'day is 4 days prior. I'll drop my hubby a hint.

Yay! Amazing QwQ I didn't ever have the chance to order the Japanese version so this is very appreciated. Gonna get some with my best friendo. I really love how they're actually releasing tamagotchis in some form in english now.

Yep, I clicked on the link and pre-ordered the yellow one.

We can confirm that they are fully translated in English, the device as well as the packaging!

GudeTama Tamagotchi Pre-Orders on GameStop.com

tumblr_inline_pht29twXPq1toxdax_500.pngtumblr_inline_pht28iTck61toxdax_500.png

We know what you’re thinking, WHAT?! Bandai America released a press release on October 1st that definitely went under the radar, but it revealed some major Tamagotchi news. The press release was centered around the Tamagotchi Original being available online and in stores, and also Bandai’s partnership with Tile and Loot Crate. At the very bottom of the press release theres this magical sentence that’ll make you smile:

Bandai will also be releasing a Tamagotchi based on Sanrio’s lazy egg character, Gudetama - coming out in 2019.

Thats right, the Gudetama Tamagotchi originally released in Japan last year is making its way to the United States! GameStop has listed their Gudetama Tamagotchi’s, which apparently will be a GameStop exclusive. Starting December 15th you can pick up the Gudetama Tamagotchi in a set with a sitting case, egg case, or just the device itself. Oddly enough all the pricing is the same at just $19.99 USD.

We have confirmed with Bandai America that the Gudetama Tamagotchi’s on U.S. shelves have been fully translated into English (YAY!). These weren’t supposed to hit shelves until 2019, so we would definitely recommend preordering on GameStop.com or heading over to a GameStop store after December 15th to pick one up before the holidays!

*Special thanks to @osumesu21 for the tip

Edited by tamapalace

I can't wait til I get it. I have my Japanese one running right now. I take it to work with me and play it on breaks. Now I'll know what it says when I click the C button, and to have the English packaging.

These are already out. Gamestop updated the website yesterday and the Tama alone, and the case and Tama pack are available to order.

I checked in 2 stores near me, and they have only the Tama. They don't have the case and Tama combo, so if you want that right now you have to order online. The stores vaguely told me to check back this weekend, but I didn't want to wait.

These egg bois are tiny.

It's the same mold used to make the Nano.

I got mine today.  Yellow, just like my Japanese one.  The game is the same, it says food and drink, and the C click scrolls across the top instead of the side like the Japanese one.  It has a screw for the battery compartment.  It still uses 2 LR44 batteries.  The packaging and instructions are tri-lingual : English, French, and Spanish, but the device is English.

Edited by N4LLLC
wanted to add more info.
  • Thanks 1

The case for the gudetama is made from a nice silicone material. It's very durable. I really like the one that sits up that I got.