English Gudetama Tamagotchis release!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wander

Reaction score
It looks like Gudetama Tamagotchis are coming to the USA and will only be available at GameStop.

These awesome eggs are set to crack on December 15 2018 and are now available for preorder on the GameStop website(link below). The packaging is in English so I'm thinking the game will be also?? :rolleyes:

175547b.jpg
175545b.jpg
175540b.jpg
175543b.jpg

link to gamestop https://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-gudetama+tamagotchi,28zu0

I hope it's in English. I have the yellow Japanese one already, and would like to get the same in English. Dec.15, you say? That would be a nice b'day present for me since my b'day is 4 days prior. I'll drop my hubby a hint.

Yay! Amazing QwQ I didn't ever have the chance to order the Japanese version so this is very appreciated. Gonna get some with my best friendo. I really love how they're actually releasing tamagotchis in some form in english now.

GudeTama Tamagotchi Pre-Orders on GameStop.com

tumblr_inline_pht29twXPq1toxdax_500.png
tumblr_inline_pht28iTck61toxdax_500.png

We know what you’re thinking, WHAT?! Bandai America released a press release on October 1st that definitely went under the radar, but it revealed some major Tamagotchi news. The press release was centered around the Tamagotchi Original being available online and in stores, and also Bandai’s partnership with Tile and Loot Crate. At the very bottom of the press release theres this magical sentence that’ll make you smile:

Bandai will also be releasing a Tamagotchi based on Sanrio’s lazy egg character, Gudetama - coming out in 2019.

Thats right, the Gudetama Tamagotchi originally released in Japan last year is making its way to the United States! GameStop has listed their Gudetama Tamagotchi’s, which apparently will be a GameStop exclusive. Starting December 15th you can pick up the Gudetama Tamagotchi in a set with a sitting case, egg case, or just the device itself. Oddly enough all the pricing is the same at just $19.99 USD.

We have confirmed with Bandai America that the Gudetama Tamagotchi’s on U.S. shelves have been fully translated into English (YAY!). These weren’t supposed to hit shelves until 2019, so we would definitely recommend preordering on GameStop.com or heading over to a GameStop store after December 15th to pick one up before the holidays!

*Special thanks to @osumesu21 for the tip

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't wait til I get it. I have my Japanese one running right now. I take it to work with me and play it on breaks. Now I'll know what it says when I click the C button, and to have the English packaging.

These are already out. Gamestop updated the website yesterday and the Tama alone, and the case and Tama pack are available to order.

I checked in 2 stores near me, and they have only the Tama. They don't have the case and Tama combo, so if you want that right now you have to order online. The stores vaguely told me to check back this weekend, but I didn't want to wait.

I got mine today.  Yellow, just like my Japanese one.  The game is the same, it says food and drink, and the C click scrolls across the top instead of the side like the Japanese one.  It has a screw for the battery compartment.  It still uses 2 LR44 batteries.  The packaging and instructions are tri-lingual : English, French, and Spanish, but the device is English.

The case for the gudetama is made from a nice silicone material. It's very durable. I really like the one that sits up that I got.

Apparently, Target started carrying these! Rather than stuffing them down on the lower shelves, they now have the GudeTamas (and the P1/P2s and minis) hanging on pegs above the hatchimal stuff, so hopefully they'll move a little faster! They only have the kind without the silicone cases right now, though.

Target Stores Carrying Gudetama Tamagotchi!

tumblr_inline_pl8dyqxp541toxdax_500.png

Such exciting news! We can confirm from a Tamagotchi fan (@screamingsnektchi) that Target stores are carrying the beloved Gudetama Tamagotchi! This fan found the device in a Target store in Albuquerque, New Mexico! You may remember that previously only GameStop was carrying them, then they showed up at ThinkGeek, now Target is showing some love.

Don’t forget, those Gudetama case bundles are still exclusive to GameStop, Target is carrying just the Gudetama Tamagotchi device for $19.99. You’ll still need to make a trip to a GameStop store or order at GameStop.com to get your hands on one of those case bundles.

tumblr_inline_pl8dyhubsB1toxdax_500.png

We are so excited to hear the Gudetama Tamagotchi is making its way to stores nationwide! We’ll keep you informed if we see them pop up on other store shelves!

I.... I LITERALLY posted that information a week ago in the post above yours. XD

image.png

It is super cool though! Hopefully this means Tamagotchi is actually starting to get more successful in the US. Sure seems like the P1/P2 remakes in my area go at a decent speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back