Pokemon Eevee Tamagotchi Nano on the way?!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin-keeper

Reaction score
A report by Serebii.net today suggests that an officially-licensed Pokemon Eevee Tamagotchi Nano might be on the way! :D

To quote;

In The Games Department

Pokémon - Eevee Tamagotchi Collaboration - Unconfirmed

A leaked image from Japanese imageboards and Twitter have showcased a collaboration between Pokémon and the Virtual Pet game, Tamagotchi. At some point in the near future, a special Eevee Tamagotchi will be released. This comes in the form of the Tamagotchi Nano and allows for you to raise an Eevee and, based on your care, it will evolve into one of its eight evolutions. You can also get various different Eevee including one in a Team Rocket outfit and even a Ditto Eevee. There are two different shells for the Eevee Tamagotchi. One brown and standard Eevee one and one "Colourful Friends" version which includes images of the evolutions. This continues on from the Pocket Pikachu virtual pets of the early 2000s and the Pokémon mini title Pokémon Breeder Mini in providing a Pokémon Virtual Pet
At present this has yet to be officially revealed so it is unconfirmed and subject to change. We'll provide further details as they come

This is the image that the report mentions;

tSB7Wem.jpg

I like Eevee, so if this turns out to be true, then I absolutely want this Tamagotchi. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Oooh, how cute! I'm definitely getting one when the price is reasonable. I doubt it will sell as badly as Gudetama Nano that they had to sell it for 10$ later on, which was a good price for me, but we'll see. Maybe I will be able to get it when I'll be in Japan again.

My sister and I want this so badly lol

From the looks of it, bet this'll get Bandai JP and Nintendo lots of money. Smart move, Nintendo and Bandai, very smart move!

Now all that's left is a JoJo's Bizarre Adventure virtual pet collaboration with BanDai JP and Lucky Land Communications (Hirohiko Araki), but I doubt that'll happen unless a JoJo forum states otherwise with official information.

I don't think it actually will get them that much money. Esp. Nintendo, since Pokemon is mostly GameFreak, it's only supported and ported by Nintendo.

Gudetama Nano didn't sell that well, they literally ended in bargain bins. Maybe with Eevee it'll be different, we'll see.

I don't think a JoJo toy is possible, as JoJo is an adult anime.

Good points, Jhud. Maybe Eevee will sell more than Gudetama, since Eevee is well-liked in the Pokemon community.

And tbh, I agree, I doubt a JJBA-related pet will be in production, considering the age demographic for the anime compared to Tamagotchi's demographic. The question is, if it were to be thought of, wouldn't it be aimed at the anime's target demographic, which is teens and young adults alike? Or would it just be scrapped completely even if that was the case?

I don't think it actually will get them that much money. Esp. Nintendo, since Pokemon is mostly GameFreak, it's only supported and ported by Nintendo.
Nintendo co-owns the Pokemon franchise equally with Game Freak and Creatures, Inc., and all three companies have brand-management and licensing handled by The Pokemon Company, which the trio jointly established. :)

Maybe with Eevee it'll be different, we'll see.
Maybe Eevee will sell more than Gudetama, since Eevee is well-liked in the Pokemon community.
I reckon that the Eevee Nano will indeed do better than the Gudetama one - Pokemon is the world's biggest media franchise, which puts it in an entirely different league from Gudetama.

I'm preparing for these to be a nuisance to get hold of, myself. :lol: (Please don't be exclusive to some Japan-only store, pleeeeease!)

That was more-or-less my reaction when I first saw the report. :lol:

WHere can I buy this?
We don't know yet. They haven't even officially confirmed them. I'm going to guess the usual places, though - HobbyLink Japan, AmiAmi, Japan You Want, and suchlike.

I would love to have an eevee tamagotchi! I hope they'll release it soon

I'll get one if it is a true release and not a rumor. I like the purple shell. As far as doing better than the Gudetama nano, hard to say.

So far leaks like this have worked out. So there's a very, very low chance of it being just a rumor.

Remember, we have known about the Meets and even the Gudetama Nano waaaay before the official announcement.

Oh man, do I want this! I'll admit to absolutely loving eeveelutions, so this would be a dream come true! Fingers crossed for a release date in the near future!

Oh man, do I want this! I'll admit to absolutely loving eeveelutions, so this would be a dream come true! Fingers crossed for a release date in the near future!
The Japanese name for Eevee is Eievui. This slightly rhymes with Keegui. Clearly, this means that you yourself are an Eevee!

Seriously, though, I'm watching HobbyLink Japan like a hawk right now. :lol:

The Japanese name for Eevee is Eievui. This slightly rhymes with Keegui. Clearly, this means that you yourself are an Eevee!

Seriously, though, I'm watching HobbyLink Japan like a hawk right now. :lol:
Oh my gosh, that's crazy- you're the first one to get my username! :eek: I came up with it when I was 15 (I think) as a combination of my own name (Keegan) and Eievui! You get a cookie for that one!

Oh my gosh, that's crazy- you're the first one to get my username! :eek: I came up with it when I was 15 (I think) as a combination of my own name (Keegan) and Eievui! You get a cookie for that one!
Amazing! :lol:

I can't believe that nobody else has gotten it before now - with a sound like that, the reference seems pretty clear to me. :D

Many thanks for the cookie. ;)

Very cool!!! I still like the purple shell after seeing them in a bigger pic. A month after the English Gudetama, which I pre-ordered from Gamestop.

Very cool!!! I still like the purple shell after seeing them in a bigger pic. A month after the English Gudetama, which I pre-ordered from Gamestop.
Given the completely unexpected Western release of the Gudetama Tamagotchi, I wonder if these will also be available outside of Japan?

I'll import anyway, to be honest. I'm just curious about this, now. :lol:

My apologies for double-posting - I can't edit this into my previous post.

Some retailers in Japan opened pre-orders for the Eevee X Tamagotchi early, and they reportedly sold out very quickly - with Bic Camera, for example, they sold out in around 15 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back