Sign in to follow this  
OneSummerDream

"OK" by A-Watch: Fake Tamagotchi + Color

Here’s another oddity, this time found on Mercari. Unfortunately, the listing there already sold, but nevertheless let’s take a looksy. Kids’ smart watches are all over online shops, but this one has a very unique feature packed in.

(Unfortunately I can't link the listing so credit to Mercari seller "ocean")

Behold the bootlegness in all its glory!!
watch.jpg

1)Take a look at the living room. It’s practically the same! Not only that, but the panda character is an edit of Kikitchi’s sprite. Admittedly, this doesn’t look half bad. It’s actually kind of cute!
2)The lock screen is a stolen Bambi drawing! The watch face can be changed between a few different templates.
3)It also features stolen icons from the official Tamas, well, except for the t-shirt thing. The upscale versions of them are also custom sprites.
4)There are also some places to go, including a weird one in the bottom that might be a movie theater?
5)Talking to a weird pink blob
6)Homescreen

The watch also features a camera, photo gallery, and fitness stuff. There doesn’t appear to be buttons besides lock, volume, and reset, so this is most likely touch controlled. Later versions by A-Watch replace not-Kikitchi with a generic panda. BUT one listing on Amazon still offers this v-pet, and apparently pandas aren’t the only character! What to look for:
watch2.jpg
-Blue or pink wristband that reads “A-Watch”
-Flat surface around the screen with a black border around it and “OK” logo (later versions are a solid blue or pink)
-Look for mentions of a pet game or cat icon on the main menu
-No calling/texting/GPS tracking feature (common in other kids’ smart watches)

Amazon listing:
https://www.amazon.c...w_1541834232989

This reminds me of the QPet, and it’s nice they actually made (somewhat) original sprites instead of totally aping Bandai’s work. If you already have one, please share your thoughts. Is this knockoff worthy of its $30 pricetag?
Edited by OneSummerDream
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Looks pretty interesting! Nice find. I'd love to check it out but I don't currently have money.

A few of the pictures show the panda and blue frog. But, both of the other listings I found only showed the panda in a Photoshopped image. Maybe it's like the QPet where you get to choose at the beginning?

Additional features:

-Can charge phones

-Updated version of the watch

-Fitness

-Mini games outside of the fake Tama software. These appeared in the second version of the OK watch.

hand-warmer.png

HTB1w_yDXLvsK1Rjy0Fiq6zwtXXao.jpg

Weird castle on the blue one... Definitely not Gotchi King's castle.

EDIT: It turns out the castle is one of the mini games you can play.

Edited by OneSummerDream
  • Like 1

Kind of tempted to get one. I mean, even if it ends up being bad then maybe at least its useful, with the powerbank and warming ability and all. 25$ is a bit pricy for a counterfeit tama, though...

Kind of tempted to get one. I mean, even if it ends up being bad then maybe at least its useful, with the powerbank and warming ability and all. 25$ is a bit pricy for a counterfeit tama, though...

Same here.

By the way there's now a review on this:

This reviewer has a yellow Ichigotchi, so there are multiple stages. I wonder if there are other adult Tamas to get? Like the Gigapets, it also has a separate health meter. The clothes icon can be used to change the appearance of the Tama, so perhaps the blue frog is a different option for the panda character. Seeing bell pepper and hamburger Ichigotchi was pretty funny.

And, it has realistic sound effects. It makes Furby 2012 noises when your Tama eats, walks somewhere, and speaks Furbish when talking to other characters at the park. The movie theater has the same Godzilla movie as the real TMGC+C only with the enhanced sound effects. Now I wish I hadn't watched the review because it spoiled so much!

• Like 2

Wow, the clothes function is actually kind of clever. Changing ichigotchi=making her turn into different fruit? Sounds fun.

• Like 1

It appears there were some things I mistook or left out:

-8 mini games (which can be played in and outside of the Tama application)

-Gender and character select like the QPet. I’m not sure if they are gender-specific like normal Tamagotchis.

-Name Feature

-The “blue frog” is actually a Doraemon costume for the panda... Honestly it was hard to tell since the listing images never showed it up close.

• Like 1

I was looking at bootleg game consoles and discovered that the mini games on this are actually copied from the "1.8" Handheld Games. Ashens did a review of that, but his system only had the TMGC+C apple collecting and balloon games. There’s a Wikia entry on it that talks about a game where you play as a little panda running across a broken bridge collecting bamboo in order to keep jumping. This handwarmer has a really similar game. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was just the same thing but modified for the smaller screen + controls. Wow, bootleggers must be getting pretty desperate if they need to go from fake GameBoys to fake handwarmer Tamagotchis... Here’s a link to the video. The games show up at 20:53 and 21:25.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=9&v=q8C1qiNcB0k

Bootleg Games Wikia entry:
http://bootleggames.wikia.com/wiki/%221.8%22_Handheld_Games

Oh yeah, sorry about the last post. My phone always makes the font huge for some reason -_-

Edited by OneSummerDream

Okay, I'm back. Here's a photo album on Postimage I'll update as I take more pics of it, as opposed to posting a bajillion more updates here:

https://postimg.cc/gallery/2kuu2jh9i/

There's a lot of stuff I haven't been able to get pics of yet. Unlike the real Tamagotchi and QPet, the closeup sprites are only shown after it goes to the bathroom instead of pressing C. This means I have to get it to the bathroom on time and have my camera ready... It'll take a while, put I'll try to get as many as I can. The two I've seen so far (w/o pics to show) is burger and pineapple Ichigotchi. By the way, I haven't taken pics of Ichigotchi's costumes yet but the review linked above shows all of them.

Edited by OneSummerDream
  • Thanks 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By OneSummerDream
      Hello and welcome to my mega bootleg log, and also first log ever! 
      I will be running a bunch of different bootlegs and knockoffs, some of which are obscure. If you have any questions about one, please leave a question and I will reply to it in the next entry.
      Where to find fakes: eBay is good for older knockoffs from the 90's, while Aliexpress is great for finding new ones. Taobao also has a lot,  but you might need a middleman depending on where you live. I don't recommend buying any besides M&D ones (QPet, Nana Moon, etc.) because they tend to be really bad otherwise.
      First up is the Crystal Warriors 10th Anniversary game. Info links:
      English instructions here.
      Baidu article here.
       All 130 episodes of Crystal Warriors here.
      Pics of the box.
      After doing some research it turns out the cartoon was only 8 years old at the time these were released, but apparently in order to coincide with the Pendulum 20th Anniversaries M&D made this rerelease. The instructions also state that there are 4 different versions, similar to the real Pendulum releases, but this is false and they all have Vritramon. (However, the original release of this did have 4 and had more care features, and there's always a possibility of M&D releasing more in the future.) This probably isn’t going to fool anyone, but is it a bad knockoff? Surprisingly, no. I’ve never played a Digimon before and am not that familiar with them, but from what I’ve seen it is kinda similar.
      There are 6 different tournaments, and I have 3 more to go. Then, there is a final boss. After that I have to replay through everything again in order to get 200% completion, so nothing will be missed. 

Recap of Day 1, Sorry no photos this time: 
      I started the Crystal Warrior up, and right off the bat I knew this wasn’t going to be a standard vpet. It’s more of a game that mimics a virtual pet. This was surprising since the Nana Moon minis have all their features entact, but not these. Unfortunately, when M&D pumped these out to cash in on the anniversary Pendulums, they got rid of pet functions. There's still an incentive to check on it, since its power will slowly deplete every few hours. I just put the tab back in when I'm busy since it has a save feature.

After reading the instructions and grinding with the 3 games to buy a crystal, it was time to enter the first tournament. Evolving the monster makes it very OP, rendering the Help feature obsolete since using crystals to evolve is necessary to win. I had no idea what was going on, but it was a swift victory. The second one was harder, since I tried relying on the Help. That ended up backfiring, and I lost during the 4th round. For “Help,” there are 3 other characters to choose from, which are from the 3 other versions. Each swapped warrior replaces Vritramon and evolves into its second form to attack, but can only be used once per tournament. Battles only last a few rounds, even if both are still standing. Whoever has the most HP left wins. Since HP doesn’t replenish between rounds, I was lucky to have even made it that far. When you lose, the warrior’s power/training bar stays the same but you have to try again. There’s a progress page that shows total battles won (regardless if the tourney is lost) and the total completion rate. 
      After grinding for more money and rebuying the crystal, it was pretty easy. Rinse and repeat for round 3, and I have 3 more to go.
      Now, this is kind of a nitpick, but the spritework on this is kind of mediocre. Some of the characters look poorly drawn. I understand that a lot of detail needs to be added in a small space, but sometimes the results leave me scratching my head.

I mean, I can kind of see how the sprite matches the drawing, but this was my first impression without knowing what it was supposed to be.
    • By AnniChu
      So I went to a white elephant gift exchange, and I actually ended up getting a fake Gigapet (A friend of mine brought it and suggested that I choose her package :p)! It's called a Digapet (they got real creative, I know) but it seems to be just a generic v-pet because the back of the package says it has 160 pets. I opened it up but I haven't tried it out yet because I've heard these things sometimes don't go to sleep, and I don't want to be up all night with it. I read the instructions and they're actually pretty well put together, the English is pretty good and they're pretty well formatted. Although apparently you have to give it laxatives, which is pretty strange, but amusing. XD Has anyone else heard, or owned this fake?
    • By kasichi
      I've been scarse on here for a while, and in the meantime, my collection has grown. I'm planning on making a blog or post or something showing off my collection.
      I was exclusively buying just the original style tamas; the ones without color. I love the simplicity of them, and I still think those are my favorite.
      But I decided to try out the Tamagotchi Plus Color. I loved it, but ran out of things to do after a while. So after more research, I decided to get a M!x, specifically the Sanrio one because I love the idea of having resemblances of Bandai and Sanrio characters together.
      And I absolutely love it! I like how there's so much more that you can do on there, so it will take longer to have done everything on there.
      Anyone else have one of these awesome tamas?
    • By Tamago_luckycat02
      So Ive been looking for new Tamas on the internet and I found that a LOOOT of people buy tamagotchis that are FAKE and I also noticed that the fakes cost wayyyy to much. I thought I would point out the main features of fake Tamas for confused collectors so they dont buy fakes, and here they are:
      The amount of buttons- most that have over three are not real, although some reals have over three
      The name- usually if they are just called plainly virtual pet or something like that they will be knock-offs
      The brand on the back- some brands will put Bandai on the back, but still make sure
      Hope this helped some of you Tama fans! If you need any help with this, talk to KidRetro64, she knows her stuff. Thank you for reading,
      Lucky Cat
    • By furrme27
      Well hearing from this site and many others I have noticed that people are saying that there is MANY and I mean MANY problems with these bootlegs (Sudden resets after impact,suddenly breaks,batteries die quick and many other problems) Well this topic should cover the problems and how to fix them.(As soon as mine comes in the mail i'll be able to add more)

First thing you should do is change the batteries as soon as you get it because since this thing is cheap (Not garbage) the batteries might also be cheap also and make sure to put it in right.Another thing is that if you don't want to accidently reset then you could possibly put tape (Not electric) or any NON-CONDUCTIVE MATERIAL to prevent accidently pushing that button.To (Possibly) fix the sudden resets you should put a chunk of eraser to prevent the battery from moving around (Got the idea off a teardown).When the device breaks or is already broken (If you want to) try taking it apart and see what might of got broken or (If they have a return policy) you could return it and get a new one.

well that's all i have sadly until I get my own but until then see ya

• By toxic_Makiko
      https://tamagotchiclub.com/collections/view-all/products/round-tamagotchi
      The ones who don't know much about Tamagotchi might be like:"Omgosh it's a free Tamagotchi,better buy it before it's offsale :DDDDDD"
      No.Don't you dare.You will regret if you buy a fake Tamagotchi.A lot.They're too noisy and sensitive.
      If you look at some of the other "virtual pets",you can see they all have invented names,right?Right!And,seriously now,who would buy a fake Tamagotchi for 15 dollars(about 12 euros),when you can make and exposition of fakes bought from Ebay and Aliexpress?
      I have never seen and heard of some of the "versions"("house edition","bear edition" etc.) and -oh my gosh!-They look so cheap!Just look at the versions and you will thing you're in heaven-Actually,you're not.-.
      The site looks bad in general,very unorganised,including some pokemon(yay!)t-shirts that,to be honest,don't impress me at all.
      Ok,you can give it a try,but,please,don't tell me later "Why did you tell me about this site?".I didn't create this site.It's not my fault.Those cost as much as actual Connections.
      Und jetzt mache ich Schluss(And I'm ending this)
      P.S.:Don't take this too seriously.I don't try to be rude and "bully" the sellers.Again,you can buy the fakes and t-shirts if you want to,I won't stop you from doing that.
      Again,CAUTION ON THOSE FAKES!(and in any cheap,fake 'gotchis in general)
      Note:This was written when they were free,the data might change when you acces the link