Sign in to follow this  
beatleschic

New Tamagotchi P2 Battery Life

A little over a month ago I bought a new Tamagotchi P2 at Game Stop. I opened it up and started playing with it immediately. I got Mimitchi and when it turned 17 the battery died! I was very upset. I put in a new battery and started to play. When the character got to 18 the battery died. I can't believe it. I am on my third battery. This time I got a really good battery and I will see if that matters. If anyone has any suggestions or has gone through what I have I would love to hear from you. Also, is there anyway to keep your Tama when you change the battery. Thanks.

Doesn't sound normal to me. Granted, I don't have an updated P2 yet, but I know they use CR0032 batteries, which are also used in Connections. A connection can last literal months on one battery. P2 has a way less taxing hardware than a Connection, so I'd expect it to last even longer.

• Like 2

Yeah, this doesn't sound normal at all for one of these. Mine's still going on the battery that it came with.

Also, you couldn't keep your Tamagotchi during the course of a battery-change on the Japanese versions of these, and I can't imagine that they've changed that for the Western version.

Edited by Penguin-keeper