The Original Tamagotchi (2018) Speaker Problem

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mimitchi ^o^

Reaction score
Hey all!

When I found out the P1's and P2's were re-released, I immediately had to grab some. Unfortunately I noticed that the speakers are very... screechy? They aren't too low, but the opposite. It sounds like they're up so loud that its damaging their internal speakers. I got a P1 on Saturday and noticed it a little bit, thinking my P1 was just faulty, but then I got my P2's in the mail today and started one up.... and the first sound it made from the egg hatching was ear-shattering. I haven't started up my other P2 to check because I don't want to run too many Tamagotchi's at once and I don't have another protective casing for it, but from these two experiences alone I think it is safe to infer that there's something wrong with the speakers in this set.

Does anyone have any input on how to fix/turn the volume down internally? Has anyone else noticed this? I'd love to hear your thoughts. :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if there's anything that can be done to change it, but as far as I know, this is normal for these.

It was the same with the Japanese versions, too. I have a Japanese Gen 2 remake from a year ago, and an English Gen 1 version from this year, and they both do this. It's intermittent, the same as it was on the originals from the 1990s, though it certainly seems to happen more often on the remakes.

That's good to know! I'm gonna fix my screechy speakers soon haha

Huh, interesting. One of my remakes was fine, the other one had no sound out of box, so I rebuilt it and THAT'S what made it screechy (but at least it has sound now). Any tips on what makes the spring wrong?

Huh, interesting. One of my remakes was fine, the other one had no sound out of box, so I rebuilt it and THAT'S what made it screechy (but at least it has sound now). Any tips on what makes the spring wrong? 
The speaker has two recognizable areas. And on the board are soldered two springs. The upper spring must press against the center of the speaker. The lower one must press on the outer area. However, if the springs on the loudspeaker are in the wrong position, this error occurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back