Get Them All!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mimitchi ^o^

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I've been gone for awhile.. I really have no excuse, I just kind of needed a break from Tamagotchi's for a bit.

I unfortunately took out the batteries for all the Tamagotchi's in my previous blog, so they aren't with me anymore either. However, I am back! Finding out about the re-release of the chibi, P1, and P2 got me back into the Tama Craze. :)

Instead of running Tamagotchi's just for the heck of it like previous blogs, my goal for this blog is to get every single character on every version of Tamagotchi I own! (Not on every TAMAGOTCHI, as that would be way too much, haha.) I feel that having a goal will motivate me to keep posting and try hard to care for my Tama's in a certain manner, so that is what I will be doing. I will also only be posting about every week or so, unless a lot has happened and I have too much information to hold onto. I'm currently in college as well, so posts may vary in time and length. I'll be pausing Tama's now and then as well, so usual timing for growth and age on Tama's may differ due to the pauses.

Phew, with all of that out of the way, let's begin!

November 10th, 2018:

I don't even remember how, but somewhere, somehow, I saw online that the vintage Tamagotchi's were for sale again. Something sparked inside me that I haven't felt for a couple of years, and I immediately ordered two P2's through GameStop: Yellow with Blue buttons/decals and White with Pink buttons/decals. I was so excited to play with a Tamagotchi again after so long, but due to my impulsiveness I couldn't wait until Tuesday for them to arrive. I got in my car and left campus to go find my own (after looking online for places that had them first, of course.) The nearest Best Buy ended up having a couple assorted shells in stock, so I drove over there to take a peek. All they had were three Cheetah Print P2's and one Transparent Blue P1. On the drive to BestBuy I passed a Barnes & Noble, which I saw online also carried Tamagotchi's. I decided to go check out their selection, but not before putting the P1 behind the other Tama's on the shelf.

As soon as I walked through the doors of Barnes & Noble I headed straight to the Toy Section, going in circles forever looking for their Tamagotchi selection. I couldn't find anything! But then, as I walked by a toy shelf labeled something along the lines of "Trendy Japan," I saw a lone Chibi Tama on the top shelf. I instantly grabbed it in case anyone around had their eyes on it, and then searched everywhere around the store for the P1's and P2's. Eventually I went up to a Sales Associate and showed her the page online and asked if she knew where I could find any, and she said she'd only seen the Chibi's. She asked if the webpage said online or in-store, but there was no marking. I wasn't too saddened by this, however. I knew where I had to go back to. After purchasing the Chibi, I drove back to BestBuy and got my hands on the Transparent Blue P1!

After the witch hunt, I got back to my dorm and started up the two new additions to my family. There's something about the shine of a new Tama that just fascinates me and makes me all giddy inside. Anyways, I pulled the tabs and set the times for my babies, then patiently waited for them to hatch. This was my first time playing with a Chibi as well, so I was curious to see how this Tama functioned. The Chibi seemed to hatch quite quickly after setting the time, and out came a... Marutchi, interestingly enough. I guess because of the size, there are limitations to the stages of growth. Anyways, I fed him for a little bit and after a while he fell asleep. Another interesting thing to note is that there is no game on the Chibi, so feeding it treats is the only way to make it happy. I feel so guilty giving it so many treats, but I don't want it to be sad, so it is what I have to do, I guess. While this was going on, my P1 finally hatched. This was also my first time playing with a P1, actually! I own two other P1's, but one is still in box and one came in a protective shell still tabbed, which I haven't touched. A cute little babitchi puddle moved around the screen, and I attended to its' needs. I didn't find the P1 too needy, surprisingly. Sure, I had to constantly check it for the first hour to make sure it was okay, but it seemed easier than usual. After the hour went by, my P1 evolved into Marutchi and promptly went to bed. Persuaded by the actions of my two new kiddos, I followed behind them and drifted off into dreamland.

November 11th, 2018:

In all honesty, I actually paused them before I went to sleep. It was the weekend and I knew I wasn't going to be up anytime before noon, so I didn't want my Tama's to suffer because of it. After I woke up I unpaused the twins and got ready for the day, then headed to the bus stop to get to my car. Today I was going to head home and get my collection! I was so overwhelmed by Tama fever that I wanted to get all of them from home before they were put up somewhere and I'd have to dig them out. I waited for 30 minutes at the bus stop, went across the street for a drink, then came back to the bus stop for another 20 minutes before I decided to walk to my car. It was freezing and the walk was two miles, but the bus didn't seem to be running today. I trudged to my car and blasted the heater, then looked at the time and I surprisingly made it in about 15 minutes! I wasn't too upset by that. Anyways, I drove 45 minutes to my house, then hung out with my family and grabbed my collection. I sorted everything out, took pictures of all of my Tama's and Tama-related items, then put all of the Tama's in a tupperware container to take back with me. My family and I went out to eat and I got some fried shrimp, (Soooo good!), then I said my goodbyes and headed back to my dorm. After arriving, I selected my Pink Angel to run. I remember that I was running this Tama before on my previous blog, but since the vintage Tama's don't have a download option, I had to restart. It's been quite a while since I've run an Angel though, so after setting the time, seeing the grave and nothing else confused me. I wasn't sure if it was left over from my other Tama that died? But then it changed into Obaketchi 2, and I had a facepalm moment. (Fun fact; the Angel was actually my first ever vintage Tama, as well as the first Tama I've ever ordered online. (Not this one though, I have a white Angel that I am talking about.)). Taking care of Obaketchi 2 wasn't too difficult, I just had to watch his hearts and make sure he was okay. I wasn't too concerned with his health, however, because my goal was to eventually get a bad care character. After the hour was up, Obaketchi 2 evolved into Maruten and drifted off on his little cloud.

I wasn't done for the night, however. While going through my collection, I noticed one of my two Umino's. Although I've had them for a while now, I haven't ever ran either of them. With this in mind, I selected my Transparent Umino with Blue Decals and pulled the tab. A cute little egg floated on the screen in some bubbles, which was so adorable! After a little bit, it hatched into a Planktontchi. I've read from multiple sources online that the Umino is one of, if not the most difficult Tama to take care of, and they are definitely right. This little guy dropped hearts extremely fast in the hour. I was constantly feeding him, then once as he was full I'd play the game to make him happy, and after filling up all of his happy hearts, he'd be hungry again! It was difficult, but I managed to get him into his toddler stage, Kuragetchi. He passed out immediately, then I paused all of the little guys and did the same.

November 12th, 2018:

There weren't many eventful moments that happened on this day. I had classes, however, so I had to pause them every now and then to make sure they would be okay. I for some stupid reason decided to keep my Umino unpaused but muted, and unfortunately let him get attacked by a polar bear and missed the whole thing. :( I pulled him out of my pocket and noticed the skull, and immediately sprung into action. He wouldn't take the medicine though, so I had to discipline him and them he took it. This happened TWICE and both times he wouldn't take the medicine until I disciplined him. I feel bad disciplining him when he's injured, but he isn't going to get better if he doesn't take his medicine!

Towards the end of the day I was chilling in my dorm and noticed that my Chibi had evolved! That sure was quick. He evolved into a cute little chubby Mametchi, the best care character on the chibi! It wasn't difficult to care for him at all, so I don't feel too rewarded, but I'm happy all the same. I'm not sure how it works, but apparently he can evolve into a secret character after a week, so I'm hoping that happens!

November 13th, 2018:

And now we arrive at today. Or technically yesterday since it's now 1 AM, but I started this earlier, so today. During my first class today I was called by my dorm. They notified me that two packages came in the mail for me! I was so excited, I knew exactly what they were. I didn't get out of class until 5 PM though, so today was going to be a long day, haha. Luckily I had the current gang to tide me over. Nothing happened throughout the day, per-se, except Kuragetchi being so cute and silly when playing games. The frustrating thing about the game is that sometimes a squid pops out and inks the screen, and then you have to use the toilet icon four times to clean the Tama's tank fully! It also makes the Tama lose ALL of its' hearts, so you have to play the game four more times! and even then, the squid can come back again! Ugh, so frustrating. I managed, however. I don't know how I did it, but I did. This evening, my angel evolved from Maruten into Takoten, just who I wanted! I don't want to spoil what I'm trying to do just yet, but so far I'm on the right path. My Angel wasn't the only Tama that evolved though, My Transparent Blue P1 evolved too! He's now a Tamatchi, the good care teen. I wanted him too, so I'm feeling pretty good with myself!

Lastly, after waiting ALL day, I went down to the front desk and got my packages, then took them up to my room and opened them up, basking in their adorableness. I decided to only run one, because I don't want to become too swamped with Tama's. It was a hard choice, but in the end I chose my Yellow w/ Blue Decals P2 because it has Mimitchi on it! It must be a sign of good luck. I left the other P2 in it's package and put it in the tupperware container with my collection, then put my Yellow w/ Blue P2 in my backpack and gathered up the rest of the team, then went to the union of my campus to get a drink and hang out there. After I got a cherry coke, I found a spot to sit down and hatch my P2.

https://youtu.be/uR6rFnKsiMU

https://youtu.be/78SLD5KTqJM

https://youtu.be/0oA5a_ZcNH0

Oddly, I have noticed a couple of changes from the original P2. Firstly, the speaker is incredibly loud. They're very... screechy? It sounds like they're up so loud that its damaging their internal speakers. I noticed this in my P1 a little bit, thinking my P1 was just faulty, but the first sound this P2 made from the egg hatching was ear-shattering. I haven't started up my other P2 to check, but from these two experiences alone I think it is safe to infer that there's something wrong with the speakers in the new vintage Tama's.

Secondly, some changes have been made to the game. Originally, the game on the P2 is a number guessing game where your Tama presents you a number and you have to guess if it's thinking of a higher or lower number. In the original P2, the second number the Tama was thinking of would become the first number for the next round, where you would have to guess if your Tama was thinking higher or lower than it. However, in the new P2, it's completely randomized. Your tama could have a 7 and be thinking of a 2, and then the next round start with a 9. It's nothing too big, but I definitely noticed it right away.

Lastly, I'm not sure if this is a total CHANGE per se, but the baby stage of this P2 seemed twice as needy as the older P2. It dropped hearts almost as quickly as the Umino did, which shocked me since I've never encountered that with my older P2. It's only the baby stage, but it makes me wonder if the rest of the stages are going to be as needy. I hope not.

Welp, that's all I have for now! I hope you enjoyed what you've seen so far, and please feel free to leave comments. :) Til next time!

Last edited by a moderator:
November 14th, 2018:

Nothing much happened on this day, unfortunately. All of my Tama’s were being good, but I had them on pause for most of the day because I was very busy with school and I didn’t want to neglect them. I did have them unpaused every now and then to play with them but that was it. During one of these unpausing sessions, a polar bear started sneaking up on my Umino! I got it on camera but I had a bit of a struggle, haha. I heard that tapping OR calling attention would make the polar bear go away, and since my Umino was in a protective shell I tried tapping it. It didn’t work, so I opened the case and then tapped it again, once again with no results. I called attention just in time before my little Kuragetchi got attacked, but it’s a shame I got false information.

November 15th, 2018:

During my morning lecture, my Angel evolved into Taraten! Just who I wanted. It’s probably obvious what I’m trying to go for now, but for those who don’t know, I won’t spoil it until it happens! Unfortunately, this means letting his hearts be only half full all the time and no Angel Power… I feel really bad for him, but it’s what I have to do! Hopefully he’ll forgive me soon. In this same lecture, my Umino sadly passed away. I filled up all of his hearts and then set him down to take care of my other Tama’s, and when I picked him back up he was a seaweed spirit floating next to a sunken grave. I’m guessing he got attacked by a polar bear, but every time he’s gotten attacked before he only got sick, and I’ve had time to heal him. This time it was instant, in such a short amount of time. He passed away before even becoming a teenager, I’m sorry, Kuragetchi. :( I restarted my ocean and took care of the new Planktontchi for a while, and then I had Kuragetchi again.

November 16th, 2018:

I had my Tama’s on pause for most of the day because of my busy schedule and partially due to the fact that my little Umino slipped away from me yesterday, so I was not willing to let that happen again. When I got back to my dorm for the evening and unpaused everyone, my Yellow P2 immediately evolved into Tongaritchi! So far so good, I’m on the right path to getting my favorite character. <3 I also recorded little clips of my Tama’s current stats, so I’ll include the video diary with this post.

Afterwards, I took the bus to my car (after stopping in the Union for some Chick-Fil-a, Yum!) and headed to Wal-Mart to get some groceries. I’m sure no one wants to hear about my grocery shopping and the anxiety rush I get from being in that crowded space, but what IS fun to hear about is how I stopped at GameStop while I was out and grabbed two more P2’s! I have a problem, haha… but I want to collect all the shells! Anyways, I managed to get the Green Glitter P2 and the White with Green Japanese logo and Tama Decals P2. So cute!! And it has Mimitchi on it, I just couldn’t resist. I was thinking about getting the Red Glitter P1 to go with the Green Glitter P2, but I couldn’t NOT get a tama with my favorite character on it.

After my little outing, I got back to my dorm and carried my groceries up in one arm with my key in the other, losing circulation. I’m very smart. Once as I got settled in, I started The Legend of Korra and binged it until 3 AM, oops! Once again, I’m very very smart. Before going to bed, I set the time back on all of my Tama’s so I wouldn’t accidentally neglect them by not waking up.

November 17th, 2018:

I woke up around noon today and checked the group, glad to see that everyone was still asleep. I woke them all up and my P1 started flashing, then evolved into Mametchi!! My first time ever raising a P1 and I got the best care character! I’m pretty proud of myself! His old sprite is so cute. Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely adore his new sprite too, but his old one makes him look like a chubby little hamster and it’s just sooo cute, I wanna squish his little cheeks!

I’m extremely frustrated with the Umino. I filled up all of his hearts, the sound was on, his water was as clean as could be, and then all of the sudden I hear the death beeping. I couldn’t do anything but watch him pass away for the second time. I’ve decided that I just don’t have the capability of taking care of him yet. He requires too much attention that I can’t provide for him with school and my other Tama’s going at the same time. I took out his batteries and put him in his package, then took out my Magenta w/ Hibiscus V2 and my custom painted V3 that used to be a White Zebra print V3. I’ve had it since I was about 7 or 8, the sound wiring fell off, it’s missing its reset button, and the command buttons aren’t extremely responsive, but it still works and it means so much to me, so I decided to run it.

After popping in the batteries for both, I set the date and time, and then waited a couple of minutes until they hatched. The V3 hatched into a girl that I named Lapis, and the V2 hatched into a boy that I named Coal. This means I can breed them when they’re older! That’s something exciting to look forward to. During their first hour of life, I tried to play as much as I could to get a lot of money for them. The games on the V2 aren’t very rewarding when it comes to money, but they fixed that on the V3. I also connected the two during the first hour so that they’d have a good bond. They played games a couple of times, then Lapis visited Coal and gave him a heart. How sweet. :) After the hour was up, Lapis evolved into Tamatchi and Coal into Hitodetchi. Since they are the first generation on the Tama’s, their toddler stage can’t really say much about how well they’ve been taken care of, but I’m aiming for good care on this first go! Hopefully I can do it.

Well, that’s everything so far. Tongaritchi should evolve soon, but he needs one more discipline for his bar to be full. Mametchi on the chibi is still here, so that makes him twins with my P2 once again! I’m still waiting for that special thing to happen with Taraten, and I believe that that’s it!

I’ll see you guys next time. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmzlyoniDVU

Edit: Grammar and sentence structure fixing. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey all!

Just a small update that I'll be gone for a bit due to having finals for the next two weeks, so I won't be able to pay much attention to my tama's for a while. I'm sorry! The last day of the semester is the 15th though, so I'll have plenty of time over winter break to blog. ;)

Latest posts

Back