Sign in to follow this  
~SkrillexGotchi~

[Pokemon Omega Ruby] Possibly GTS scammed?

Okay, so my sister was suggesting I use the GTS to find shinies. Sadly none of the shinies I saw wanted a decent tradeable mythical/legendary that I could actually trade (my shiny hacked Palkia was a untradeable Pokemon because of an obvious reason), so I deposited my Raikou, Zeus, in hopes of getting a shiny Chikorita. I even included the note "Shiny please?" in the whole thing. This morning, I checked the GTS and Zeus had been traded. What I got wasn't what I wanted...AT ALL. I asked for a shiny, but instead, I got GTS scammed and lost my Raikou for a NORMAL COLOR SCHEME Chikorita. I am absolutely angry, and I deposited the Chikorita in hopes of getting Zeus back. I hope that person regrets everything.

I miss you, Zeus. Come home...

there's nothing really obligating users to give you a shiny simply because you asked for it and there's no way to make it only available to trade for a shiny pokémon. This is no where near a scam and way more on your side where the fault lies.

Honestly I would've done the same. Someone has a pokémon I wanted, and I meet the trade requirements despite them asking for a potential shiny pokémon in return, I'd just snag it up regardless.

Okay, I can take the blame for that, as of course, I should have steered away from giving up Zeus, hence why I put "Possibly" in the topic title because I didn't know if I was scammed or not. Come to think of it, I do see people offering starters for either untradeable mythicals (e.x. Diancie) or tradeable legendaries (e.x. Articuno). I should have: 1. Known what the outcome was, 2. Known that a shiny might not be applicable, though people do offer shinies for certain mythicals or legendaries, 3. Known that people just offer what they saw on the GTS.

I wasn't saying that anyone was obligated to give me the shiny, but I was somewhat disappointed in myself because I lost Raikou (despite having a hacked shiny of it, guess that one will be Zeus) because if my stupidity.