Help with a pet called "penguin Watch"

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eryson

Reaction score
Hello!

I have a penguin-shaped pet called "penguin watch", it looks very cool with icons in the low side of the screen and big, red leds in the shell, but It have a awful problem, It dies a lot, all the time!

I always let it's meters full, with constant care, but it keeps dying. dies if you treat well, dies if you ignore it, dies if you sneeze near it, dies if you talk about how much it dies. (yes, I was talking with a friend about the pet and it suddenly died. :( )

Do you guys know about this pet? if yes, there's a way to maintain it alive? My version is the japanese one (i'm not sure if theres a english version.)
Thank you!
35775090_1644253089021901_7661570779540094976_n.jpg

I have one of these, and I briefly covered it in my log, once. You can guess why it was only there briefly, I'm sure! :lol:

4zwiBFv.jpg

... Yeah. :p

Unfortunately, I think that this is just how they're programmed. They just die ridiculously easily! There doesn't seem to be any way to keep them alive for a complete run, and I ended up giving up on trying to do so.

There is an English version, and it's called the "Pocket Penguin". I would imagine that those die just as easily. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Penguin-keeper, you was my last hope, If even you Gave up of this pet, maybe there's no way to find a solution to it, seems that this pet was just badly programmed :)

Penguin-keeper, you was my last hope, If even you Gave up of this pet, maybe there's no way to find a solution to it, seems that this pet was just badly programmed :)
I'm really sorry that I wasn't able to help!

The impression that this one left me with was that it was created to cash in on the original virtual pets craze of the 1990s, by having the LED feature and nice graphics to make it look good early on, but that not much thought was put into how it actually plays.

Sadly, Penguin Watch is easily the worst penguin virtual pet that I've ever encountered (the second-worst is Penpy - avoid that one, too!). :(

I'm really sorry that I wasn't able to help!

The impression that this one left me with was that it was created to cash in on the original virtual pets craze of the 1990s, by having the LED feature and nice graphics to make it look good early on, but that not much thought was put into how it actually plays.

Sadly, Penguin Watch is easily the worst penguin virtual pet that I've ever encountered (the second-worst is Penpy - avoid that one, too!). :(
Hahahahaha I have a penpy too!! It's a tamakaci, but as all those pets works in that way, I'm pretty used with that programming :p

Sadly it dont have much replayability, and can be very annoying sometimes!

What is the best penguin pet in your opinion?

Hahahahaha I have a penpy too!! It's a tamakaci, but as all those pets works in that way, I'm pretty used with that programming :p

Sadly it dont have much replayability, and can be very annoying sometimes!
Yeah, Penpy's based on Gyaoppi programming. But, compared to other Gyaoppi-based virtual pets that I have, it's definitely one of the worst in my collection, I feel. :(

Penpy is also really inconsiderate, since it can die late at night and it makes a fair bit of noise about it.

What is the best penguin pet in your opinion?
Oh, that's easy! :D

Dedicated: MGA Penguin (Also known as "Penguin Time")

Multi-pet: The penguin option from the Super Gyaoppi 9 in 1

If you're after a very varied penguin virtual pet with a lot of possible growth-paths, then you should definitely go for the Super Gyaoppi 9 in 1. The MGA Penguin is really nice to run, and is quite easygoing, but it only has three adult forms, as far as I know.

I would also give an honourable mention to the Dinkie Penguin (or "Yuki Pengin"), which is fun, cute, and well-made. However, the Dinkie pets evolve based on what you feed them, so once you know which foods get which of the three growth-paths, they feel quite limited.

I covered all of these in my log at one point or another, so if you'd like to see what they're like, that information is there, along with pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, Penpy's based on Gyaoppi programming. But, compared to other Gyaoppi-based virtual pets that I have, it's definitely one of the worst in my collection, I feel. :(

Penpy is also really inconsiderate, since it can die late at night and it makes a fair bit of noise about it.

Oh, that's easy! :D

Dedicated: MGA Penguin (Also known as "Penguin Time")

Multi-pet: The penguin option from the Super Gyaoppi 9 in 1

If you're after a very varied penguin virtual pet with a lot of possible growth-paths, then you should definitely go for the Super Gyaoppi 9 in 1. The MGA Penguin is really nice to run, and is quite easygoing, but it only has three adult forms, as far as I know.

I would also give an honourable mention to the Dinkie Penguin (or "Yuki Pengin"), which is fun, cute, and well-made. However, the Dinkie pets evolve based on what you feed them, so once you know which foods get which of the three growth-paths, they feel quite limited.

I covered all of these in my log at one point or another, so if you'd like to see what they're like, that information is there, along with pictures.
I have all these pets, Gyaoppi are very adorable!!

But how you was able to make it reach the good ending in the gyaoppi 9-in-1?? (The one that the pet dies and turns out a angel)? every time that I played I justa had the "Bye" bad ending :(

I have all these pets, Gyaoppi are very adorable!!

But how you was able to make it reach the good ending in the gyaoppi 9-in-1?? (The one that the pet dies and turns out a angel)? every time that I played I justa had the "Bye" bad ending :(
From what I can remember, I just never let the meters empty, and made sure to give him at most, six or seven glasses of water per day, along with his food. I also made sure to use the pause function when I was too busy to deal with it. :lol:

Latest posts

Back