A little P's of life

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

molldoll

Reaction score
i'm sorry, i couldn't resist that pun.

anyway i finally managed to get my hands on a reasonably priced p's, and i thought i'd start a log to celebrate!

it wasn't in the best condition - the shell is ink stained, the screen is a little scratched, and it looks like it used to be covered in stickers. luckily the staining and sticker gunk i couldn't get off can be covered by the case i'm waiting patiently for! not that i'm complaining, for the price i managed to get this P's at, you'd think it would be in much worse condition!

i didn't originally plan on making a log so i didn't end up taking many photos today. by the time i the thought popped into my head my new little tama was already asleep...

here's a look at the new baby girl:

rhV8hhr.jpg

what a cutie! i always seem to start off with girls...

i'm raising her to be Yumemitchi of course - she's my favourite tamagotchi, and i also wanted to have a good comparison to my 4U!

r980azi.jpg

i'll be running my 4U alongside my P's until my second gen, just to see exactly what the differences are, and to see what one i like better! so far, i'm a little more fond of my 4U, but it's a little hard to judge when i haven't even run the P's for a whole day yet!

i mentioned the main difference i've noticed so in my status, so i'll elaborate on it a little more here.

i didn't notice it until i turned my 4U on, but the P's feels very... slow? unresponsive? it's like comparing a 10-year-old computer to a brand new one! a bit extreme, but you get the idea. when going through the icons, the P's will get "stuck" and i'll have to press a again, while the 4U will just keep going, no matter how fast i press the button! this also happens in menus, and can be annoying when feeding. i'm not sure if it's an issue with this particular P's, or if it's just a general thing, i might but batteries in my +colour and see if it does something simillar.

fkkgjip.jpg

here's a full view of the P's and my sleeping toddler!

... and that's all the images i have. i definitely wasn't prepared for a log.

i plan on running this log until i get all the tamatomo! i might have to start over at some point if i can acquire the means to english patch the P's, but i guess i'll cross that bridge when i get to it.

thanks for reading! hope you tune in tomorrow!

I notice a bit of lag when deleting journal entries but the responsiveness seems to be ok with mine. Maybe clean the buttons to see if it improves the responsiveness?

Hey! I have a question - where did you get your P's from? You've mentioned that you got it at a really good price :)

I notice a bit of lag when deleting journal entries but the responsiveness seems to be ok with mine. Maybe clean the buttons to see if it improves the responsiveness?
interesting! i did notice today that it wasn't doing the lag thing with the icons anymore, though going through menus is still feels really slow. i booted my +colour up today to compare and the colour was slower than the 4U, but still noticeably faster than the P's.

...actually i just tried to go through the icons and it started stopping again. it didn't do it all day, but now that my tama is asleep it starts doing it again! i'm wondering if maybe it's a power-saving thing?

Hey! I have a question - where did you get your P's from? You've mentioned that you got it at a really good price :)
i managed to get lucky with a bid on ebay for this one, but i generally find the P's prices on ebay to be a little expensive, with the average price generally being $100-$120 AUD not including shipping... and then the shipping tends to be an extra $20... the condition of the tamas can vary a lot too.

when i was shopping around for a P's though, i found that yahoo auctions japan had the best prices. there's even a very good condition white P's on there right now with it's box for only $60! and that's pretty much the average there, even if they are auctions, i don't find a lot of people bidding on them. i recommend using dejapan as a shopping service if you want to buy from yahoo - they don't charge a fee!

----------

and here's what you've been waiting for: the next log!

i woke up late and started the day with a care miss. whoops.

she's still a happy lil chappy though! this cute little puchihanatchi met a lot of pets at the park today!

QADUqyx.jpg

here's one of them! i don't think this is one of the one's you can adopt though. kind of disappointing because its very cute!

today she also managed to get a hold of two of these double-money things for the game center!

exyIlNj.jpg
o6l6t8T.jpg

she made a lot of money through the skipping game today that's for sure. not too much though, had to hold back in fear of the sporty personality coming out!

i also tried out the paint feature, which is very cute!

6hQDBTT.jpg

this was my favourite colour on her!

it wasn't long until she evolved into neotchi! kinda funny how the paint matched what she evolved into...

EQr0QzX.jpg

she's so precious! i'm not entirely sure how exactly the personality thing all works, so i had her go to sleep tonight with the smart personality. and tomorrow i'll go with charisma? hopefully that gets me a yumemitchi lol

i did mention my +colour though, so here's a hi from meidotchi!

FVxdLFB.jpg

my +colour wouldn't turn on at first. it turns out that one of the springy things is rusted, and it looks like a battery had leaked in it! no idea how it happened considering it's been sitting inside a box with no batteries for the past few years, but at least it still works! looking at this poor tama makes me feel a little bad though, it has 3 huge scratches across the screen, and it somehow has dust under the faceplate! how did it even get there?

i miss meidotchi being raisable, she's definitely one of my top tamas.

nothing much else happened today though, pretty horrid weather for all the tamas today. especially poor meidotchi, she couldn't even leave the house! should've set the time to summer before removing the batteries...

anyways, thats all for today. hope you tune in tommorrow! :)

Yess! Really enjoying this log!
thank you! glad to see people enjoying it!

------

today's log is certainly not what i expected it to be!

i thought on the P's that the teen stage lasted for two days. i was wrong.

i was very surprised when i looked over at my tama to see neotchi evolving! i would've liked to spend more time with her but...

bwaVQsf.jpg

now i have yumemitchi! the personality thing does work how i thought it would! i'm trying to do this without a guide, it's been fun so far!

not too long after she evolved, i took yumemitchi on several outings to the park to adopt a yumecantchi! she had to have her matching pet!

BZHgPz1.jpg
AasIJdp.jpg

look at that grumpy face... how cute. you can also see that it started snowing!

after a few games, and generally just messing around, i sent yumemitchi off to school!

SKl2c6m.jpg
7yNPKyY.jpg

i love how she travels in a limo. i also love how yumecantchi came to school with her.

she's in what i can only assume to be the smart class. i didn't expect the school in the P's to be a whole day thing, i thought it would be more like the 4U. in retrospect, it's kind of obvious considering it replaces the babysitter... i wonder where yumecantchi went during class?

here's yumemitchi's diary entry for the day:

BARlYLr.jpg

"i built a robot at school today! nadetchi is trying his best too~"

i really like that you can actually see that classmate she talks about in class... it's the little details.

after school ended she headed out for dinner, and by pure chance i managed to find one of her tamatomo items!

S0Dorar.jpg
NyEXuNY.jpg

i thought she would like it, and i was right! i fed her the dream pudding i think? it was something like that. i appreciate the extra length to her happy bar lol.

i then took her to the park for one last outing, and she met spacytchi! she's met him there earlier today, but this time... he asked her to go to the beach!

R4pWzd4.jpg
t

did yumemitchi just go on a date? only a few hours as an adult and she's already looking for a partner...

i had absolutely 0 idea this could happen! i didn't read what spacytchi said and just assumed he wanted to kick a ball around the park or something. it was a cute surprise!

that's it for today though. yumemitchi needs her beauty sleep! tomorrow is monday, so hopefully the cover arrives?

thanks for reading!

another day, another log.

today was mostly just a bit of faffing about and trying to figure out how some things work.

first thing i did today was send yumemitchi outside for some fresh air

QbQul3C.jpg

i should have tried to get her to plant a tree, but i didn't even remember you could do that in the P's until later today...

i then sent her to the park to see if she could get a job, but this guy just showed up:

2Hp0Riy.jpg

he's saying something along the lines of "it's still too early for you to have a part-time job", but i'm not sure if he means early as in the time of day, or if yumemitchi just isn't the right age yet. i'll find out sooner or later i guess.

i then sent yumemitchi straight off to school, where she had what i'm going to assume is charisma class with kiraritchi!

I66kcJQ.jpg

when i tried to take her out of school, she seemed to go to sports class, where she promptly failed to jump over something with a name i can't remember. then i managed to press the right option and she came home!

all her meters were empty, so i immediately sent her to the restaurant, where she came across Waltztchi!

aAGKFsi.jpg

she got a free meal that filled up her hunger, which was nice.

i checked her diary when she came home:

NqlKnJd.jpg

"today i had a singing test! i was nervous, but the teacher's praise made me feel better~"

she doesn't actually say that she felt better, it's just kind of implied.

i then sent her off to fill her happy bar and make some sweet, sweet cash, but i didn't know until she came home from the game center that it was waltztchi's birthday!

here's the cute little birthday card:

5lULTNn.jpg
cCBkJGd.jpg

of course i then spent all of yumemitchi's hard earned money on clothes.

as well as trying to look for things that might be a tamatomo item, but today i wasn't successful

Om56bUO.jpg

how adorable! she didn't wear it for long though, i prefer her normal clothes.

i sent her outside again, and she found another coupon!

wU0sZwi.jpg

but of course it was for the bathroom...

her last outing for the day was of course to the park, where she met kuchipatchi!

rnw2Nuj.jpg

...and went on a date. poor spacytchi, he thought he had it good.

i guess yumemitchi likes to keep her options open?

anyway that's it for today! thanks for reading!! :)

Hello everyone! Been quite a while since I updated this log! Now that I have another 2 P's, it's time to start things back up again! I haven't actually run my P's in quite awhile, I've been on and off running my Plus Color and some Connections I've found at thrift stores over the past 2 years. There's still some stuff that's missing from this log though, so let's get started!

First off, we have Tamatomos! I got Yumemitchi's:

uZpfHEh.jpg

And Kiraritchi's:

znbyQZV.jpg

Kuchipatchi's:

fDO3kQg.jpg

And lastly, Acchitchi's:

bKUydgC.jpg

Also some select diary entries from Kiraritchi and Acchitchi:

vhAL9Oi.jpg

"Today I worked at Tamamori Shop ★ Lots of customers came in ♪"

5z0XYMl.jpg

"I worked at the TamaDepa today! I sold a lot of things, but I'm a little tired..."

Poor Kuchipatchi didn't get to make any, apparently.

That's about all I have for now, I'm not going to actually start running them all until the cases for them arrive. But until then, here's a pic of all 3 P's together!

cEUf4rM.jpg

I did a quick test run on the new ones, just to check that everything was working. I'll be resetting them once I officially kick things off. Only little Neotchi up there will get to stay. I should probably reset my pink P's too, but I'll have to reset it whenever I get around to english patching it, so I might as well just wait until then.

The purple P's is the best running one out of this lot - it's loud, has no lag, is more responsive.... The blue one isn't as laggy as the pink, but is also much quieter. I wonder why they all run so different?

Anyway, I'll end it for now. When I do get to actually running all these, I'll probably adjust how often I update. Maybe once as a teen, and then again after I get the Tamatomo for the adults? I'll see how it goes.

The purple P's is the best running one out of this lot - it's loud, has no lag, is more responsive.... The blue one isn't as laggy as the pink, but is also much quieter. I wonder why they all run so different?
I've noticed this with some vintage models, too. The most likely cause is that Bandai used equivalent compatible parts at different points during the production-runs for these devices, so, hypothetically, some later models may have slightly faster processors and different speaker parts that were used once the original parts ceased production and were superseded by revised versions - it's the only logical explanation.

This is also why Nintendo has a history of issuing revisions of their handheld consoles late into their lifespan - the DSi and New 3DS are examples of this. The only difference is that they try to use that as a selling-point to hook numbers-obsessives, even though the extra power is pretty much never used, and Bandai does not. :p

Latest posts

Back