Qpet Qolor Questions

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tama_TSBXF

Reaction score
Me and my friend are intrigued by the Qpet Qolor knock off, and I got a couple questions for anyone who has one. Luckily I found someone who has them for $10 with a coupon, so money won't be too wasted on it.

1- What is the battery life like?

2- If the batts die, is all progress lost or will it still be saved?

3- Can the screen light be toned down or turned off? Does the game ever switch off or have a screensaver, or is it always on?

4- What sort of compatibility does it have with another Qolor, since the goal is to play with my friend?

5- Would you recommend it? We really just want something to play together, and it looks like a decent substitute for getting something more expensive and that we'd have to mess with translating. I really don't mind knock offs so the fact that it isn't a real Tama doesn't bother us. I also want it now for the novelty and to see what other characters were jacked and planted in this, after I saw Patrick from Spongebob in it on a Youtube vid.

1) Roughly 2 to 1 and a half weeks (feel free to correct me on this since I can't recall exactly).

2) The QPet will save your progress.

3) Unfortunately, brightness can't be adjusted. The only thing that can be changed is sound on/off by holding B. The screen turns off to save power after a few seconds.

4) It can visit, send gifts, or marry other Q-Pets.

5) Yes. It is really easy to take care of. The only basic feature it lacks is pausing the clock. They go for $15-$25 now, so getting 2 won't break the bank. It has less things than the real TMGC+C but is a great substitute.

Btw... It's worth checking out because the QPet has a really weird mashup of original and custom sprites. I won't spoil anything, but let's just say one of the characters is abnormally smaller than the others.

Now, I can’t answer any of them, but I can tell you that it will be similar to Bandai tamas. Oh and, the battery life will probably not be great, it should come with them and from what my friend tells me, hers only lasted 2 weeks.

Now, I can’t answer any of them, but I can tell you that it will be similar to Bandai tamas. Oh and, the battery life will probably not be great, it should come with them and from what my friend tells me, hers only lasted 2 weeks.

Now, I can’t answer any of them, but I can tell you that it will be similar to Bandai tamas. Oh and, the battery life will probably not be great, it should come with them and from what my friend tells me, hers only lasted 2 weeks!

Yeah, the battery life is only about 2 weeks or so.  You can't adjust the brightness. You can mute it by holding the B button for about 5 seconds, but the sound on these is so quiet anyway, so why bother?  One of mine is almost mute as it is.  They do connect to each other just fine.  I have 2 of them.  One even swears (says "Shi**y if you do badly in the games; the other just says "Poor").  It is very similar to the +color tama.  I will spoil it--Patrick Star is the travel agent and he is tiny.  I would get one very soon, as they might be pulled for copyright infringements. They are a lot of fun though, and the games are the same as on the +color.

Yeah, the battery life is only about 2 weeks or so.  You can't adjust the brightness. You can mute it by holding the B button for about 5 seconds, but the sound on these is so quiet anyway, so why bother?  One of mine is almost mute as it is.  They do connect to each other just fine.  I have 2 of them.  One even swears (says "Shi**y if you do badly in the games; the other just says "Poor").  It is very similar to the +color tama.  I will spoil it--Patrick Star is the travel agent and he is tiny.  I would get one very soon, as they might be pulled for copyright infringements. They are a lot of fun though, and the games are the same as on the +color.
Oh yeah I forgot they included him  :D  As far as “inappropriate” content goes, there’s also the guy at the Mortage shop who smokes...

There’s also weird sprite errors like Mametchi’s eyes being too small, and blank spaces on some sprites, especially Makiko. *And here’s my spoiler*- ShimaShimatchi is way smaller than the other adults for some reason! 

And yes, get them while you still can. Even the Tamagezi, which has 99% original content, got (iirc) pulled down a few months after they got popular. It’s honestly amazing that these QPets haven’t been taken down yet almost a year later.

Hasn't Tamagezi been pulled down because the company fell apart? That's what I heard. 

Though it might also be because it used licensed anime artwork on the package...

Hasn't Tamagezi been pulled down because the company fell apart? That's what I heard. 

Though it might also be because it used licensed anime artwork on the package...
Some users on YouTube said Bandai went after the company because they used a similar name and stole some of the Tamagotchi icons. Maybe it’s a combination of all those things? Who knows. That’s the weird part with bootleg toys.

Oh, and one last thing about the QPet, it unlocks a job feature at age 3, which can be used for easy Gotchipoints. Although it doesn’t give much, you can spam it until you get a ton of money. This is important as QPets refuse to eat the default food after 2 bowls are filled, so buying food is a must. (Plus there are different interiors to buy.) For happiness, you can just send it to the park a bunch of times. 

1) Roughly 2 to 1 and a half weeks (feel free to correct me on this since I can't recall exactly).

2) The QPet will save your progress.

3) Unfortunately, brightness can't be adjusted. The only thing that can be changed is sound on/off by holding B. The screen turns off to save power after a few seconds.

4) It can visit, send gifts, or marry other Q-Pets.

5) Yes. It is really easy to take care of. The only basic feature it lacks is pausing the clock. They go for $15-$25 now, so getting 2 won't break the bank. It has less things than the real TMGC+C but is a great substitute.

Btw... It's worth checking out because the QPet has a really weird mashup of original and custom sprites. I won't spoil anything, but let's just say one of the characters is abnormally smaller than the others.
Hi! Does it automatically save progress? I replaced my qpet's batteries today and it restarted :(

Is it necessary to connect with another or does the matchmaker appear?
After the QPet turns 4 you have to manually go to the Matchmaker under the Door icon. This is just like real Color Tamagotchis.

(Say, for anyone thinking of getting one there’s a new and improved version that just came out w/ micro USB charging and changeable face plates... They cost as much as the old version.)

After the QPet turns 4 you have to manually go to the Matchmaker under the Door icon. This is just like real Color Tamagotchis.

(Say, for anyone thinking of getting one there’s a new and improved version that just came out w/ micro USB charging and changeable face plates... They cost as much as the old version.)
Thanks for this information! Did you already buy the new Qpet version and if so, how would you review it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, not yet, but I do have a Touma Pet (similar thing w/ different graphics + some new features) and that’s pretty good. The rechargeable battery makes it really thin and lightweight.
Thank you, I'm glad you mentioned this because I'm interested in buying a fake virtual pet. However, I'm not sure whether I should buy a Qpet (not the new one) or a Touma Pet .

Which device do you like better, and for what reasons?

P.S. It is worth to mention that I am less likely to buy a Touma Pet because with the price and everything (to order it where I live), it comes off the same as if I were to buy a Meets for example haha. Whereas the Qpet is affordable in aliexpress :)

Thank you, I'm glad you mentioned this because I'm interested in buying a fake virtual pet. However, I'm not sure whether I should buy a Qpet (not the new one) or a Touma Pet .

Which device do you like better, and for what reasons?

P.S. It is worth to mention that I am less likely to buy a Touma Pet because with the price and everything (to order it where I live), it comes off the same as if I were to buy a Meets for example haha. Whereas the Qpet is affordable in aliexpress :)
I recommend Touma Pet. Hardware wise it is much better. Besides the battery, the buttons are much easier to press and the sound is better, though loud even on low. (Though, this is kind of irrelevant now that the new and improved WPets are our.) It plays exactly the same as the QPet, except with enhanced graphics and Animal Crossing-esque characters. The main difference in play is that the baby and toddler stage will always be the same characters, so growth is a mystery until adulthood. There are also more minigames that are overall decent. My favorite part is all the little extra details M&D added. For example, if you press one of the two extra side buttons, it plays a few different animations. There’s also a texting feature with kawaii GIF emoticons! For money I just harvest roses (QPet)/ cherries (Touma) so it’s nice being able to buy multiple of one item at a time instead of individually like on QPet. The most annoying part? Pressing the A button doesn’t scroll through the menu until you press C first... Instead, it makes your Touma Pet jump, and if you press it enough it can even hit its head on the ceiling. Yeah, it’s as weird as it sounds. My second biggest gripe is the overall lack of gameplay chances from QPet.

Touma Pets are $20 depending on where you look. I’ve gotten results for them at that price by searching “cartoon pet game” on eBay and AliExpress. The ones on Amazon can be really overpriced, but they tend to come with an English box + instructions and in nicer condition. (However I saw someone pay $80 for one in a smashed box...) Ones on Aliexpress can come smashed, if you’re concerned with that sort of thing. If it doesn’t sound better, just look for one of the new QPets. They look like this:

Virtual-Electronic-Pet-Handheld-Pet-Game-Machine-KidsHD-Color-Screen-Kid-Gift-new-mold-more-exquisite.jpg_640x640q70.jpg

And for comparison...

Cartoon-Pet-Toys-Electronic-Charging-Digital-Virtual-Hand-Games-Electronic-Pet-Gifts-for-Children-Gifts.jpg_640x640q70.jpg

At the end of the day, it depends on whether or not you prefer Tamagotchi or cartoon animal characters, and whether or not you care about the small enhancements. I can’t speak about the “new” QPet but from the sound of it, it has all the hardware upgrades of the Touma Pet in addition to faceplates.

At the end of the day, it depends on whether or not you prefer Tamagotchi or cartoon animal characters, and whether or not you care about the small enhancements. I can’t speak about the “new” QPet but from the sound of it, it has all the hardware upgrades of the Touma Pet in addition to faceplates.
Thank you so much for your detailed response! I really appreciate it :)

My daughter's Qpet arrived 9 days ago. Yesterday the screen went black. It would not turn back on. I tried changing the batteries and now all that happens is a screen with red Chinese writing on it. It was in English the first time we set it up. None of the buttons will work. I'm not happy about it - it cost us $30AUD and we waited over a month for it to arrive. I have emailed the website we ordered it off and they have not replied. I would like to contact the manufacturer but all the writing on the box is Chinese and we only speak and read English.

Latest posts

Back