Sign in to follow this  
Tama_TSBXF

Qpet Qolor Questions

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, tamagotchirocks said:

Thank you, I'm glad you mentioned this because I'm interested in buying a fake virtual pet. However, I'm not sure whether I should buy a Qpet (not the new one) or a Touma Pet .

Which device do you like better, and for what reasons?

P.S. It is worth to mention that I am less likely to buy a Touma Pet because with the price and everything (to order it where I live), it comes off the same as if I were to buy a Meets for example haha. Whereas the Qpet is affordable in aliexpress :)

I recommend Touma Pet. Hardware wise it is much better. Besides the battery, the buttons are much easier to press and the sound is better, though loud even on low. (Though, this is kind of irrelevant now that the new and improved WPets are our.) It plays exactly the same as the QPet, except with enhanced graphics and Animal Crossing-esque characters. The main difference in play is that the baby and toddler stage will always be the same characters, so growth is a mystery until adulthood. There are also more minigames that are overall decent. My favorite part is all the little extra details M&D added. For example, if you press one of the two extra side buttons, it plays a few different animations. There’s also a texting feature with kawaii GIF emoticons! For money I just harvest roses (QPet)/ cherries (Touma) so it’s nice being able to buy multiple of one item at a time instead of individually like on QPet. The most annoying part? Pressing the A button doesn’t scroll through the menu until you press C first... Instead, it makes your Touma Pet jump, and if you press it enough it can even hit its head on the ceiling. Yeah, it’s as weird as it sounds. My second biggest gripe is the overall lack of gameplay chances from QPet.

Touma Pets are $20 depending on where you look. I’ve gotten results for them at that price by searching “cartoon pet game” on eBay and AliExpress. The ones on Amazon can be really overpriced, but they tend to come with an English box + instructions and in nicer condition. (However I saw someone pay $80 for one in a smashed box...) Ones on Aliexpress can come smashed, if you’re concerned with that sort of thing. If it doesn’t sound better, just look for one of the new QPets. They look like this:

Virtual-Electronic-Pet-Handheld-Pet-Game

And for comparison...

Cartoon-Pet-Toys-Electronic-Charging-Dig

At the end of the day, it depends on whether or not you prefer Tamagotchi or cartoon animal characters, and whether or not you care about the small enhancements. I can’t speak about the “new” QPet but from the sound of it, it has all the hardware upgrades of the Touma Pet in addition to faceplates.

Edited by OneSummerDream
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, OneSummerDream said:

At the end of the day, it depends on whether or not you prefer Tamagotchi or cartoon animal characters, and whether or not you care about the small enhancements. I can’t speak about the “new” QPet but from the sound of it, it has all the hardware upgrades of the Touma Pet in addition to faceplates.

Thank you so much for your detailed response! I really appreciate it :)