Tamagotchi IDL Questions

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamagotchirocks

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am interested in purchasing a Tamagotchi IDL since I don't own one.

Thus, I have some questions regarding this tama in particular.

1. I want the functionality to download items onto my Tamagotchi, but don't have an irda phone or laptop. I vaguely remember irda usb dongles being a thing back when it released, so where can I find that online? What is it called, and can anyone provide a potential link to one?

2. In terms of used tamagotchis in particular, are they reliable from Japan You Want? How long do they last, do you think because they have already been used for so many years that the machine is going to be old/laggy/die after a couple months?

Thank you so much, sorry my questions are somewhat wordy.

Would appreciate all the help I can get!

I'd try Amazon for an iDL, personally. I'm pretty sure you can find a IR dongle. I have one by Startech. It connects to my computer via USB on one end my iDL through Infra Red on the other. It takes some fiddling around to get it working.

Amazon IDLs are quite expensive, JapanYouWant is a reliable company, eBay is also good, or you could try japanese auction sites.

Imo used phones with IRDA compatibility are cheaper and easier to find than IRDA usbs/dongles.

Dongles aren't worth it. Remember, it needs an IR TRANSFER, not just IR. These that have IR transfer cost as much, if not more, as used IR compatible phones, and to boot, most of them don't work.

Don't buy iD L's on amazon, also. A lot of them are actually Friends with the wrong image. JYW is the way to go for them.

Dongles aren't worth it. Remember, it needs an IR TRANSFER, not just IR. These that have IR transfer cost as much, if not more, as used IR compatible phones, and to boot, most of them don't work.

Don't buy iD L's on amazon, also. A lot of them are actually Friends with the wrong image. JYW is the way to go for them.
Ah I see, I'm not really familiar with the IR system. I guess theres no point in getting one for cheap then right? I don't plan on investing more than what the used tamagotchi itself costs.

Amazon IDLs are quite expensive, JapanYouWant is a reliable company, eBay is also good, or you could try japanese auction sites.

Imo used phones with IRDA compatibility are cheaper and easier to find than IRDA usbs/dongles.
Also, do you guys find that used tamas are good or no? How long do you think they will last, because I don't know the condition of them

Also, do you guys find that used tamas are good or no? How long do you think they will last, because I don't know the condition of them
I've only ever bought used tamagotchis and they've been working fine. Sometimes you get some gunk under the buttons/in the unit that you can clean out and there may be scratches depending on how used the tama is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back