+Color or ID?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylveon

Reaction score
Hi!
I want to buy another tamagotchi but I'm not decide: +Color or ID?
Which one do you like the most and why?

I don't have either of those but I've heard that ID L's are really good tamas. I don't think the +color does as much and I don't think it's a very popular tamagotchi. I'd say go for the ID L for those reasons. :) If you're interested, videos on YouTube show all the feautures on tamas so you can probably find out which one does more/is right for you that way. Good luck and happy tama hunting!! <3

Yo, I think she means the Tamagotchi ID (the one before the ID L, from 2009) ;)

Anyway, from what I've seen, I say go for the +Color. They're extremely rare, but not as rare as the ID, which looks pretty but is super hard to find. In fact, both of these Tamagotchis are pretty rare, so I'd say do your research first before deciding. I have none of these, however, so take my advice with a pinch of salt. Either way, the +Color is a lot more like the original Tamagotchi connections, which I like, so I've always been a fan of that Tama. Then again, if you love the ID L, then you'd probably love the ID, too :)

I don't have either of those but I've heard that ID L's are really good tamas. I don't think the +color does as much and I don't think it's a very popular tamagotchi. I'd say go for the ID L for those reasons. :) If you're interested, videos on YouTube show all the feautures on tamas so you can probably find out which one does more/is right for you that way. Good luck and happy tama hunting!! <3
Thank you very much for your answer!

In fact, the IDL is my favorite tama :D but I already have one...

Now I would like to get a previous color version (I detest the MIX), so I doubt between +Color and ID.

I've seen videos and I like both! But I can only spend on one.

Yo, I think she means the Tamagotchi ID (the one before the ID L, from 2009) ;)

Anyway, from what I've seen, I say go for the +Color. They're extremely rare, but not as rare as the ID, which looks pretty but is super hard to find. In fact, both of these Tamagotchis are pretty rare, so I'd say do your research first before deciding. I have none of these, however, so take my advice with a pinch of salt. Either way, the +Color is a lot more like the original Tamagotchi connections, which I like, so I've always been a fan of that Tama. Then again, if you love the ID L, then you'd probably love the ID, too :)
Oh thank you very much!
I want to feel I take care a pet (like v3).
As you say, ID reminds me a lot of IDL (steals my heart), it makes it difficult to choose.
However, being honest, +Color has many more positive points for me.

Ah I see! Considering that you have prior experience with the connections and want to raise a pet that works similar to the V3, I'd say go for the +Color. The ID is very similar but I feel the +Color has a lot more charm to it from what I've seen. As I mentioned before they're both extremely rare so the fact that you managed to find two properly-priced listings is actually awesome. If you feel more confident in the +Color then go for it! :D

I also think that you should go with the +Color. Honestly iD is pretty boring, even though it has download features.

+Color is rarer and more expensive than the ID, ID has similar mechanics to the IDL

If you want a cheaper, knockoff version, look into QPets

Actually, my +color fake q-pet came today!!! (pink) I'm getting it at Christmas but here's some info if you're buying it from Amazon uk for about £16.99. The express delivery... it arrived 1 week-2 weeks later than it was meant to. It was dispatched about 2 days after I ordered it from Jasynfall. Then it went to London and passed checks cuz it was sent from China (whoopee my baby isn't a Chinese bomb sent to destroy the UK) and then DHL delivered it to me 2 days earlier than expected. BUT. There was a surprise second postage charge so... yeah. £20 tama + £20 express delivery + £20 for DHL. *oof* It costed about £50-£60 in total (rounded the costs). So yeah. it arrived in two plastic wrappers, a thick plastic wrapper, and a layer of squishy foamy stuff. The box was opened on both ends and a bit crushed but MY BABY WAS OK. (and it fits in the bed and case I made perfectly x3) I get to try it out on Christmas but there's a 20-min long YouTube video on it and *double thumbs up* IT LOOKS AMAZING!!! AT LEAST, I THINK IT DOES. Anywayyy, consider it! <3

Nah, the fake shouldn't be ever considered in lieu of an actual tama, it's really not that good and it breaks easily. If someone has the means to buy an original one they should go for the original one, the fake is only worth it if someone actively wants a fake. An original +Color is MUCH better than the fake and actually really, really different from it gameplay wise.

iD also isn't that much similar to iD L honestly, it has way less characters and features.

Actually, my +color fake q-pet came today!!! (pink) I'm getting it at Christmas but here's some info if you're buying it from Amazon uk for about £16.99.
There was a surprise second postage charge so... yeah. £20 tama + £20 express delivery + £20 for DHL. *oof* It costed about £50-£60 in total (rounded the costs).
I'm really sorry to say this, but you were severely ripped off on the delivery charges.

The import-limit in the UK is about £18 (in my experience, this includes the price of the shipping), and if the standard shipping was free (it very often is from Chinese sellers), then you would've gotten it in about the same amount of time, and you wouldn't have had the customs fee.

The customs fee isn't a surprise, by the way - it's legally required that you pay taxes on goods that you import from abroad, because you imported them and thus there is no UK distributor paying those taxes for their customers before the item can be purchased. You will always get fees upon an item's arrival in the country if you go over the import limit.

For £50 to £60, you could've imported a new Tamagotchi Meets from HobbyLink Japan with standard shipping (mine cost me £47 including the shipping, and once it gets here the customs fee is most likely going to be about £10 to £12), or any of a number of used colour Tamagotchis from Japan You Want.

My apologies for deviating from the topic a bit, here!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I also feel sorry that you paid so much for a fake... It might seem fun at first but it really, really, REALLY isn't worth this amount of money. I wouldn't even pay this much for some ORIGINAL color versions.

Thank you all!
At last I decided: +Color :D
I haven't seen both models listed at a good price (not even one!), but that's how I focus the search and periodically review.
Q-Pet £60? It's around $75? The +Color in JYW round $50 + $10 shipping (doesn't even reach £ 50). Anyway, on Aliexpress it costs less than $20 without shipping costs... sorry :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back