igareldagrimmenth

Help identifying a odd virtual pet?

This is a virtual pet I found recently at a thrift store. I can not for the life of me figure out what it is. It functions quite like an older tamagotchi would but is still different. I searched everywhere for something similar but had no such luck. So I have made an account here to seek help. Does anyone here recognize it? I can provide more photos of it's functions if people want.

image0.jpg

image0.jpg

• Like 1

What does the back cover look like? Is there any kind of text that could tell the manufacturer?

• Like 1

I'd love to see more pics, too! I have no idea what it is, but I'd like to help figure it out, because it looks like it'd probably have some pretty crazy sprite designs!

@Penguin-keeper knows a lot of oddpets. Any idea, PK?

Edited by Hoky

13 hours ago, Hoky said:

@Penguin-keeper knows a lot of oddpets. Any idea, PK?

No clue, I'm afraid! Going by the IR port, this looks like a Connection-era sort of thing, which isn't my area of expertise.

That said, the style of the display and graphics on this one reminds me of this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Manyo-Virtual-Digital-Electronic-Keychain/dp/B07B4W1JDB/

• Thanks 2

I have no idea, but when I first saw those triangles on the back screen I thought it was something to do with Zelda!
Yes I'm a dork.

• Haha 1

It's a tamagotchi message board. We're all dorks to some extent, and super proud of it! XD

• Like 2

@Birbplant It looks so much like the Triforce symbol that is such a normal reaction XD

That Vpet reminds me of this thing that is also call Fan Fan Pharmacy by some. I know very little about it but with that in mind, the sprite looks similar to a doctor or a scientist. Judging by the button names, it might be more like a game than a virtual pet. There are quite a few devices like that and I guess they fit more into keychain games than anything else. More pictures might make it clearer but then there are some pretty obscure virtual pets that perhaps this is the first time this model has seen the light of day.