Help identifying a odd virtual pet?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

igareldagrimmenth

Reaction score
This is a virtual pet I found recently at a thrift store. I can not for the life of me figure out what it is. It functions quite like an older tamagotchi would but is still different. I searched everywhere for something similar but had no such luck. So I have made an account here to seek help. Does anyone here recognize it? I can provide more photos of it's functions if people want.

image0.jpg

image0.jpg

What does the back cover look like? Is there any kind of text that could tell the manufacturer?

I'd love to see more pics, too! I have no idea what it is, but I'd like to help figure it out, because it looks like it'd probably have some pretty crazy sprite designs!

@Penguin-keeper knows a lot of oddpets. Any idea, PK?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no idea, but when I first saw those triangles on the back screen I thought it was something to do with Zelda!
Yes I'm a dork.

@Birbplant It looks so much like the Triforce symbol that is such a normal reaction XD

That Vpet reminds me of this thing that is also call Fan Fan Pharmacy by some. I know very little about it but with that in mind, the sprite looks similar to a doctor or a scientist. Judging by the button names, it might be more like a game than a virtual pet. There are quite a few devices like that and I guess they fit more into keychain games than anything else. More pictures might make it clearer but then there are some pretty obscure virtual pets that perhaps this is the first time this model has seen the light of day.

What’s on the Back? Any dates or Sereal Codes? If we search them.. then we might get a straight answer.

It doesn't look like it's trying to fool anyone into thinking that it's a Tamagotchi. Similar functionality doesn't mean that something is infringing on copyrights. :p

To me it seems like a knockoff
Sorry I had forgotten about my post here. I am unable to post photos rn since I won't be home for a bit but I can describe stuff.

There are no serial numbers, markings, or dates. Function wise it is the same mostly. Your pet dies super easily and only evolves once. Marriage happens quite soon. When you restart the device all potential pet sprites flash across the screen. They are all sprites stolen from different franchises. From what it shown I recognized Digimon. There might have been a stolen  Tamagotchi sprite as well but I do not remember for sure. Most of them I could not recognize.

Last edited by a moderator:
It doesn't look like it's trying to fool anyone into thinking that it's a Tamagotchi. Similar functionality doesn't mean that something is infringing on copyrights. :p
Just saying, but that’s not authentic and on the back they splatter Bandai all over it?? Cheap knockoffs these days :D

Just saying, but that’s not authentic and on the back they splatter Bandai all over it?? Cheap knockoffs these days :D
Right above your post, the below was posted - it doesn't sound like this virtual pet has Bandai's name anywhere on it. ;) Of course, there's also the fact that it has stolen sprites, but I had no way of knowing that when I judged the casing. :lol:

There are no serial numbers, markings, or dates.

Omg!! This actually looks vaguely familiar to me. By any chance do you remember what the start up animation was? Did a bunch of different characters flash on the screen until you selected one at random? If so, I might have had this one. I recall it's a "100 in 1" pet if it's what I'm remembering. However, I do not remember the one I had having such an odd shaped shell. The lack of information points to it being a bootleg... A very mysterious one. The shell reminds me of a Hearttune, which is maybe what they modeled it off of:

w2lv6v.jpg

Omg!! This actually looks vaguely familiar to me. By any chance do you remember what the start up animation was? Did a bunch of different characters flash on the screen until you selected one at random? If so, I might have had this one. I recall it's a "100 in 1" pet if it's what I'm remembering. However, I do not remember the one I had having such an odd shaped shell. The lack of information points to it being a bootleg... A very mysterious one. The shell reminds me of a Hearttune, which is maybe what they modeled it off of:

View attachment 264
Yes that sounds about right with the flashing pets, I assumed after using it that it was a bootleg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back