Admin

Welcome to the NEW TAMATALK!

Recommended Posts

Our upgrade is complete and I THINK everything went smoothly.  Please poke around and check out the new features and look. :)

 

I still have some work to do...  Our emoticons are coming back (of course)...  I also need to make some tweaks to settings.

 

Please look around and post here with any comments or problems you discover.  I still have a backup of the old system so we can downgrade if major problems are discovered.

 

One feture I am most excited about is that we are now way more modern and work wonderfully on computers, tablets and phones!  

 

One other thing to note is the new Clubs section which lets TamaTalkers make their own little group.  The groups can be public or private.  This is something I want to try out to see if it is useful.  This gives you a chance to create your own little space where you can be the moderator and guide how things operate.  Please Note! Community rules on behaviour and content will still apply!

 

I hope you all like it!

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The site looks great.  It may take a little while for some of us to get used to the new layout but it feels very user friendly already.  I noticed anasmilkbar's comment in the status updates regarding missing signature messages - I've not discovered where (if anywhere) they can be edited / updated - perhaps they're something still to be tweaked or have we lost that feature in the upgrade? :) (smiley emote checks out!)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks goes out to Penguin-keeper for letting me know about a problem with not being able to reply to this topic! I am slowly making my way through the other forums to verify settings are correct.

 

UPDATED:

I also noted somebody mentioned signatures were gone.  Those are back now.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Admin said:

Thanks goes out to Penguin-keeper for letting me know about a problem with not being able to reply to this topic!

No problem. :D And now I can reply! ;)

Firstly: Congratulations on a trouble-free upgrade! It seems to be a lot quicker and more responsive than the old version of the forum software, never mind all of the new features! (The emoticon search that pops up while you're typing the name of one is really handy, I think.)

Secondly, in case anyone drops in here wondering where the option to view new content since your last visit has gone, it's now at the very bottom of each page of the forum, instead of its former location at the top. :P

I haven't encountered any bugs or issues other than being unable to reply here, so that seems like a good sign! :tarakotchi:

Edited by Penguin-keeper
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Penguin-keeper said:

Secondly, in case anyone drops in here wondering where the option to view new content since your last visit has gone, it's now at the very bottom of each page of the forum, instead of its former location at the top. :P

Also look for the "Activity" tab on the top menu...  This gives a lot of other options for keeping up with new content.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Admin said:

Also look for the "Activity" tab on the top menu...  This gives a lot of other options for keeping up with new content.

Aha! That takes you to the same place - thanks!

It's handy having a shortcut to get there at the bottom of the site, too. :D

Edited by Penguin-keeper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new look is awesome!!  It was a surprise to see it.  So far it works great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So far, I really love the new look! I'm exited about clubs too, it seems like a really cool idea!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(TM edit: merged this post into the new tamatalk topic as it seems more relevant)

So I went to submit a fan fiction into the corresponding category, but the option to submit one did not appear. I made sure I was logged in, and the button did not show up still.

Is this happening to anyone else, or just me? :huh:

Edit: this is what’s happening, no green button showing up to submit a fan fiction77244822-40-DB-4567-815-A-C503-A9-D50671

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm encountering a very small bug that's almost nothing, but I ought to mention it, anyway: Sometimes, when I visit the site, I see the "Site marked as read" message displayed at the top, even though I haven't clicked the link to mark it as read.

It doesn't actually cause the site to be marked as read, but it's odd that it occasionally displays for no apparent reason. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Penguin-keeper said:

I'm encountering a very small bug that's almost nothing, but I ought to mention it, anyway: Sometimes, when I visit the site, I see the "Site marked as read" message displayed at the top, even though I haven't clicked the link to mark it as read.

It doesn't actually cause the site to be marked as read, but it's odd that it occasionally displays for no apparent reason. :P

Thanks for reporting this...  I am confused as to why this would be showing up for you.  I am suspecting some weirdness with the site cookies on your browser (Mmmmm... Cookies!).  Do you know how to clear the tamatalk cookies on your device/browser?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Admin said:

Thanks for reporting this...  I am confused as to why this would be showing up for you.  I am suspecting some weirdness with the site cookies on your browser (Mmmmm... Cookies!).  Do you know how to clear the tamatalk cookies on your device/browser?

Yep, I do - I'll give that a try after, and I'll let you know if it recurs after that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have passed a solid week of having the new upgraded software...  Please continue to let me know if there are any problems you encounter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Admin, I'm still getting the odd "Site Marked as Read" thing that I described before, even after clearing the old cookies. I just thought that I'd better let you know!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a pleasant upgrade! I'm quite used to seeing this layout on different forums so it's pretty cool to see it here too. I can almost feel the smoothness of the site.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/20/2018 at 1:51 PM, Admin said:

We have passed a solid week of having the new upgraded software...  Please continue to let me know if there are any problems you encounter.

Hey. I've noticed that I am having a lot of trouble uploading pictures (it keeps telling me that I cannot upload files over a certain size, even if the file is smaller). I'm not 100% sure if this is a site thing, or if it is the work computer that I have been posting from. Will try posting later from my home computer, but I was wondering if anyone else is having the same problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now