Digapet? (Fake Gigapet)

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AnniChu

Reaction score
Your basement... I mean my basement! wait i don't
So I went to a white elephant gift exchange, and I actually ended up getting a fake Gigapet (A friend of mine brought it and suggested that I choose her package :p)! It's called a Digapet (they got real creative, I know) but it seems to be just a generic v-pet because the back of the package says it has 160 pets. I opened it up but I haven't tried it out yet because I've heard these things sometimes don't go to sleep, and I don't want to be up all night with it. I read the instructions and they're actually pretty well put together, the English is pretty good and they're pretty well formatted. Although apparently you have to give it laxatives, which is pretty strange, but amusing. XD Has anyone else heard, or owned this fake?

I've never heard of such a thing before! Can you post a picture, please? I'd love to see it. :lol:

I've never heard of such a thing before! Can you post a picture, please? I'd love to see it. :lol:
(This isn't my image, for some reason the one's I took with my phone weren't working. I found this one on Google.) This is it! Although mine has some weird cursive writing across the top that I can't quite make out. I tried it out and it was just the generic programming they use in most of the fakes. 

digapet.jpg

(This isn't my image, for some reason the one's I took with my phone weren't working. I found this one on Google.) This is it! Although mine has some weird cursive writing across the top that I can't quite make out. I tried it out and it was just the generic programming they use in most of the fakes. 

View attachment 197
Thanks for the picture! The name and packaging for this one really are good. There's a real charm to them. :lol:

The text on yours says "Jia Yuan". I have a blue one of these that was sold under the name of "Digi Pets", and it has the same cursive name printed on it.

I never thought you could get a chain of inspired v-pets! I mean the gigapets were inspired by tamagotchis (I think uwu) and the digapets were (probably) inspired by gigapets! Also I definitely prefer the packaging on the digapets! It looks so cool, not as good at the generic tamas thoooo

I actually tried something with the same programming before. The bummer is that the animation is limited and a lot of space is wasted on poorly made anime sprites. For reference it's about as basic as an original Tamagotchi. (Also, all the items just randomly change your pet -_-)

I actually tried something with the same programming before. The bummer is that the animation is limited and a lot of space is wasted on poorly made anime sprites. For reference it's about as basic as an original Tamagotchi. (Also, all the items just randomly change your pet -_-)
That's really unfair on the original Tamagotchi - the programming for these 168-in-1 multi-pets is nowhere near that advanced. :p

They don't have a life-cycle, or sleep, or die, or even keep time, or evolve in any way, they age by receiving exploding letters from their workplace, they'll poop endlessly even if you never feed them, food makes no difference to them, and you can make them as fat as a house and they'll never refuse to eat. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I know but in terms of super-basic functions like feeding it, mini games, bathroom, etc. it's got the basics, albeit worse XD All the evolutions can kind of be made up for by some of the cuter/unique characters.

Oh yeah and this reminds me:

-Food only depletes when you play mini games. 

-The cheapest item is 500 Gold (but all of them do the same thing)

-You only have one item at a time

-The clock stops working after a few hours

-Maximum gold per mini game is 99, mail is something around 80 

Let me know if there's anything else I forgot....... I'm thinking of just running one as part of a bootleg Tamagotchi log to show what it can do.

Let me know if there's anything else I forgot....... I'm thinking of just running one as part of a bootleg Tamagotchi log to show what it can do.
There's so much that's bizarre about these things that I've lost count, by now. I wrote a big post about their merits as a pocket-change introduction to the virtual pet concept one time, about a year ago (it's over in the Tamagotchi Cousins section somewhere). I did have it as part of my log, back when I was running it and was writing a log, but I honestly just got bored with the thing (Bob the penguin, I'm sorry, but you are  not missed). :lol:

Thanks for the picture! The name and packaging for this one really are good. There's a real charm to them. :lol:

The text on yours says "Jia Yuan". I have a blue one of these that was sold under the name of "Digi Pets", and it has the same cursive name printed on it.
I can agree with you on the packaging, I like it as well. The little pixel kitties on it are pretty cute too. It may be a fake, but it's a nice one!

I can agree with you on the packaging, I like it as well. The little pixel kitties on it are pretty cute too.
I particularly like the whale and the strange thing that resembles some sort of pudding, myself. :lol:

It may be a fake, but it's a nice one!
It's not a fake if it's being sold as its own thing, really - it's just a generic product, in that case. It's just whether this counts as trying to fool people or not that would define that, and I'm not entirely sure that it is. :p

Strange packaging. Heres my one from my collection. Just called Cyberpet and Digipet, but same thing none the less.

20190506-015429.jpg

20190506-132255-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back