Izzyd07

Same sex tama marriages

41 minutes ago, SilverRibbon said:

As an LGBT person who is attracted to people of the same gender.....I don't really mind that tamas can only marry male + female

HOWEVER----

I think it would be an excellent idea for a new item to be added....maybe something like a potion that, when used, turns your tama into the opposite sex for 1hr, giving you the opportunity to marry the "same sex" for that period of time, and if you don't marry it goes back to normal when the potion runs out. 

It always seems like in the On whatever gender I have, the ones I want to marry in the app are opposite! 

Edit: I also think it would be silly for same sex tamas to marry and get a random egg. Imagine you're in generation 20 of trying for the perfect Sanrio character, then your egg hatches into a pure Gozarutchi, resetting your genes. I'd be mad. 

but then you could raise a pure line of gozarutchis, extending back into the 14th century

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, SilverRibbon said:

As an LGBT person who is attracted to people of the same gender.....I don't really mind that tamas can only marry male + female

HOWEVER----

I think it would be an excellent idea for a new item to be added....maybe something like a potion that, when used, turns your tama into the opposite sex for 1hr, giving you the opportunity to marry the "same sex" for that period of time, and if you don't marry it goes back to normal when the potion runs out. 

It always seems like in the On whatever gender I have, the ones I want to marry in the app are opposite! 

Come to think of it, the P's had a Baby Change Pierce that turns your tamagotchi back into a baby. They could have done a Gender Change Pierce as well. But pierces are permanent, if I'm not mistaken.

9 hours ago, SilverRibbon said:

Edit: I also think it would be silly for same sex tamas to marry and get a random egg. Imagine you're in generation 20 of trying for the perfect Sanrio character, then your egg hatches into a pure Gozarutchi, resetting your genes. I'd be mad. 

Yeah, I've thought about that because of this thread. If they added a gay marriage option, it'd probably need to be somewhat hidden to make sure you don't restart from generation 1 by accident. Which makes you wonder what the point even would be.

Edited by Jop
  • Like 1

On 12/2/2019 at 11:06 AM, Jop said:

Come to think of it, the P's had a Baby Change Pierce that turns your tamagotchi back into a baby. They could have done a Gender Change Pierce as well. But pierces are permanent, if I'm not mistaken.

Actually no, that's not how the baby change pierce works.

They don't turn back into a baby. Just choosen characters change into a form that's inspired by how they would look as a baby. They are still adult characters and can breed, and no, it's not permanent, you can change back anytime you want. 

• Thanks 1

As i Dont Like Lgbt Tamas Can´t Marry The same sex. That would be MIND-BLOWING!

THIS IS ONLY ON THE SIMS 4!

18 hours ago, leogames2012 said:

As i Dont Like Lgbt Tamas Can´t Marry The same sex. That would be MIND-BLOWING!

I hate that organisation too, but I don't see how that's relevant to the subject. This mechanic shouldn't be implemented because it would not make any sense, not because of negative associations. If Bandai refused to implement things because they upsetted people, the Tamago would be an empty shell.

Edited by Jop

On 12/14/2019 at 3:23 AM, Jop said:

I hate that organisation too, but I don't see how that's relevant to the subject. This mechanic shouldn't be implemented because it would not make any sense, not because of negative associations. If Bandai refused to implement things because they upsetted people, the Tamago would be an empty shell.

Same thing with the National Dex in Sword and Shield. EVERYONE was upset by that, but they had to do it - after all, 890 Pokemon would be too much for the game at first. 

I'm also part of LGTB, but I think that same marriage tamas is not a good idea and not I'm interested.

What I'm really interested is if they remove gender. Just like Gudetama in the mix/meets and the vintage tamas. Why label tamagotchis if they're aliens anyways... 

If they genderless, you can do whatever you want with your tama, dress it, name it, and marry with the Tama you want, without worrying if it is a girl or a boy, or hetero, bi, trans, homo, etc

4 hours ago, Gotchilove said:

I'm also part of LGTB, but I think that same marriage tamas is not a good idea and not I'm interested.

What I'm really interested is if they remove gender. Just like Gudetama in the mix/meets and the vintage tamas. Why label tamagotchis if they're aliens anyways... 

If they genderless, you can do whatever you want with your tama, dress it, name it, and marry with the Tama you want, without worrying if it is a girl or a boy, or hetero, bi, trans, homo, etc

The "vintage" games didn't have gender because they didn't have marriage. The game that introduced marriage (Tamagotchi Osutchi & Mesutchi) simultaneously introduced gender. I thought they removed it in Connection, but apperantly I was wrong. So the genders don't have to be merely a label; we just have no concrete knowledge of how Tamagotchi procreation works. Gudetama is an interesting case, but then again, it's weird that a Tamagotchi character and a Sanrio character can breed in the first place, considering they're different species...

Are there gender restrictions on tamagotchi clothes right now? That's really lame if that's true. I thought that only applied to your own human clothes, which was already pointless.

Reminds me that it's also pretty lame that female teens have pink skin and male teens have blue skin in Tamagotchi m!x.

On 12/20/2019 at 5:33 PM, Jop said:

The "vintage" games didn't have gender because they didn't have marriage. The game that introduced marriage (Tamagotchi Osutchi & Mesutchi) simultaneously introduced gender. I thought they removed it in Connection, but apperantly I was wrong. So the genders don't have to be merely a label; we just have no concrete knowledge of how Tamagotchi procreation works. Gudetama is an interesting case, but then again, it's weird that a Tamagotchi character and a Sanrio character can breed in the first place, considering they're different species...

Are there gender restrictions on tamagotchi clothes right now? That's really lame if that's true. I thought that only applied to your own human clothes, which was already pointless.

Reminds me that it's also pretty lame that female teens have pink skin and male teens have blue skin in Tamagotchi m!x.

Yes, but still, would be awesome if tamagotchis were genderless. 

Starting with the V4 to 4U, gender have a big role because it depends of it which tama you can have. But now, with the mix and meets, there's no big role for gender to be there. Like, I would like to marry with anyone of the app without looking if the other tama is male or female. 

And about clothes and accessories, I was talking about the IDL. There's no "gender restrictions", I mean, you can put a cute dress or ribbon to mametchi, but he'll do a little tantrum xD In that version, male tamas don't like girly clothes and accessories. But I don't remember if females tamas do care about boyish clothes.

• Thanks 1

in the Eternitchi/Tamagotchi PC emulator, your tamagotchi can just marry any tamagotchi regardless of gender, and it doesn't affect the gameplay whatsoever besides making it much easier to get pure genetics since you don't have to hunt down a specific gender tamagotchi of the family you're looking for as a partner

while i'm uncomfortable with correlating gender with reproductive characteristics as a transgender person anyways, i feel it's also a good point that the egg just kind of appears as if by some magical process anyways, and honestly bringing realistic reproductive processes into the conversation seems to me kind of like an excuse to continue to hold bigoted opinions while still being able to say you don't because you're not being as outright about it, when in reality you don't have to be outright hateful towards something to have harmful opinions on or look down on it, and it is always good to think about why you may think the way you do about something and how that might affect others who are different from you especially when it's about something that's ultimately harmless, not to say it's necessarily why everyone does it or that they even realize they're doing it but that's often how it's been used towards me so it's my experience

sorry for the long bit i just feel a little tired sometimes because a lot of things that other people look at as "politics" are things that affect me that i have to deal with every day in my daily life and it wears on me

anyways i also think being able to do this would make it way easier to get the characteristics you want on the m!x and On so i'd enjoy it, haha

Edited by Ginjirotchi_lover

I would REALLY like that feature. (Mainly because my pet got rejected by both available girls) Sadly I can't do that and I have the New version Tamagotchi On

On 12/20/2019 at 1:41 PM, Gotchilove said:

I must say that I completely agree. I've been thinking about gender removal in Tamagotchi for a while too, and honestly it would be a lot easier to deal with. Bandai wouldn't have to mess with all that additional code to make sure marriages are of the opposite sex and it would be simpler for the users to find partners for their Tamagotchis as well. I honestly don't see the point of Tamagotchi gender labels and it just ends up being annoying when you keep having to hunt for ideal partners of the opposite sex.

Posted (edited)

Genders are now really hard to remove. On the first tamagotchis cretures where like pokemons. So genders was unusefull. Now they more look like disney characters. They wear clothes etc... to me this option will never appear for economical reasons: tamagotchis will be baned in 95 pourcent of the countries in the world. And create controversies in the 5 percent left. So for bandai (a japanese company far from our occidental problems) it would be stupid to do that. Personnaly i like the things how they are. Its just a toy for children... i play with the rules... i dont care...

Edited by Naze77

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Naze77 said:

Genders are now really hard to remove. On the first tamagotchis cretaures where like pokemons. So genders was unusefull. Now they more look like disney characters. They wear clothes etc... to me this option will never appear for economical reasons: tamagotchis will be baned in 95 pourcent of the countries in the world. And create controversies in the 5 percent left. So for bandai (a japanese company for from our occidental problems) it would ne stupid to do that. Personnaly i like the things how they are. Its just a toy for children... i play with the rules... i dont care...

Again, politics are never a reason. Tamagotchi is already unavailable in 95% of the world and controversial in the remaining 5%.

Edited by Jop

Posted (edited)

If they chose to do it it's cool for me. I am not against the idea. But it's a japanese brand and just a toy... 

Edited by Naze77

I’m sorry that I’m kinda late to this thread, but it’s interesting to see everyone’s opinions!

I would really enjoy the characters being genderless! Although I do like the marriage feature... :(

I think that the characters should have been genderless from the start. I do like that some tamas are more feminine and some more masculine; I feel like I can relate to the characters more!

(I’m weird, I know. I don’t need to be reminded uwu.)

I should have said "Connexion" rather than "Connection" in my first reply. Apperantly the Connexion says "style" while the Connection says "gender". Did they actually change the way breeding works in the Connexion as well? Maybe that's why I remembered them being genderless.

On 12/29/2019 at 7:52 PM, Ginjirotchi_lover said:

honestly bringing realistic reproductive processes into the conversation

Just because it's gender-based doesn't mean it's realistic; the fact that they both bring their own egg home kinda implies the male one also gets pregnant, which does indeed make you wonder what role their gender plays at all... Though the Connection v5 gives you 6 eggs in total (3 per caretaker), so maybe the female one just lays multiple, but I like that idea way less than each playing an equal part.

On 12/29/2019 at 7:52 PM, Ginjirotchi_lover said:

i'm uncomfortable with correlating gender with reproductive characteristics as a transgender person anyways

That's the only concrete thing gender means, though. I hope you're not hurting yourself too much by associating so much more with it.

On 1/26/2020 at 6:37 PM, Cookies&Cream said:

I think that the characters should have been genderless from the start. I do like that some tamas are more feminine and some more masculine; I feel like I can relate to the characters more!

(I’m weird, I know. I don’t need to be reminded uwu.)

Thanks to m!xing you sometimes encounter feminine-looking tamagotchi's who are actually male and masculine-looking tamagotchi's who are actually female in the Meets Park, which I actually kinda like because it makes you wonder why we associate random things like eyes with a gender.

Edited by Jop