Best method to purchase rare Tamagotchis without spending a fortune?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bunbun

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I wanted to ask if there's any tips on how to obtain rare and otherwise expensive Tamagotchis for a more economical price?

A notorious series that tends to be pricey is Devilgotchi. I've been wanting to get myself one for a long time but I hesitate because of how high the listing prices go. Since its original release date on September 1998 the price has skyrocketed, it was under 2500 yen. But in general, I'd like to see if there are any alternative websites away from the usual domains or ways to prevent spending so much money for a single product. I know that being a collector means sacrificing a bit more currency for the sake of receiving a grail you've had your eyes on for a while.

I don't know if this particular question or request for advice has been posted before. I will appreciate any suggestions, thank you very much.

Last edited by a moderator:
JapanYouWant often has pretty good deals, as ebay is full of scalpers. They sold a Devilgotchi for about 120$ once- granted, it was on sale as it had stripped screws, but that's a common issue for said version, as it's the reason it was discontinued so early.

Generally, a good advice is to not jump at any offer and just wait for a good price. Sometimes some facebook groups offer pretty good deals too.

I'm lucky enough to live in Poland where people generally haven't caught up with the fact that Tamagotchis are collectibles, so while seeing them on auction sites is fairly rare, I can get pretty good deals- I've snagged a v2 for literally a dollar once, and generally I got most used connections for not more than 10$ like this. 

JapanYouWant often has pretty good deals, as ebay is full of scalpers. They sold a Devilgotchi for about 120$ once- granted, it was on sale as it had stripped screws, but that's a common issue for said version, as it's the reason it was discontinued so early.

Generally, a good advice is to not jump at any offer and just wait for a good price. Sometimes some facebook groups offer pretty good deals too.

I'm lucky enough to live in Poland where people generally haven't caught up with the fact that Tamagotchis are collectibles, so while seeing them on auction sites is fairly rare, I can get pretty good deals- I've snagged a v2 for literally a dollar once, and generally I got most used connections for not more than 10$ like this. 
Ah, I know about JapanYouWant but I wasn't aware that they sold especially older merch for a cheaper price tag. Neither did I know this particular version had stripped screws issues, pretty interesting. Thank you for bringing this up though, I'll check the website more often now from time to time.

It's cool to know how prices vary depending on which region you live, those are some great deals. Definitely worth taking advantage of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back