Need help getting sprites for project - V2

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterPengo

Reaction score
Hello

For some time now, I've been working on a project where I record all the sprites of every character for the V2. The project is now in its late stages and most sheets have been submitted to the Spriters Resource pending approval. However, there are two sprites I need help getting. These are the kissing sprites for Otokitchi and Ojitchi. Kissing sprites appear when an adult takes love potion then visits the Tamagotchi of another adult of the opposite gender. But it seems that Otokitchi and Ojitchi can only show these sprites with each other.

I'd like to know if anyone would be willing to take photos of these sprites then send them over. The best person for this would have two debugged V2s so they can select both these characters and use the potion, but anyone with two V2s and these characters would also be able to help.

Thanks!

This is a really cool project idea! I really appreciate people who put the work into this kind of thing.

I'm wondering if the sprites would've been on the Tama-Go? Natashenka ripped the ROM of the Tama-Go and you can download all its sprites on one of her websites, so the sprites you're looking for might be amongst those - though they might have been updated between V2 and V7 so who knows if they're the sprites you're looking for.

Hopefully someone will rip the ROM of a V2 at some point, sometimes glitches can make the wrong sprites appear and a few of the sprites are definitely unused. Seems like the V2 has a bunch of Ticket items that weren't used until the V3 as well as sprites for the Flag game from V3. There's probably more, too.

This is a really cool project idea! I really appreciate people who put the work into this kind of thing.

I'm wondering if the sprites would've been on the Tama-Go? Natashenka ripped the ROM of the Tama-Go and you can download all its sprites on one of her websites, so the sprites you're looking for might be amongst those - though they might have been updated between V2 and V7 so who knows if they're the sprites you're looking for.
There may be identical sprites on the Tama Go, but I don't want to assume anything in case I get it wrong. I think there probably have been a few sprite changes across different releases.

Hopefully someone will rip the ROM of a V2 at some point, sometimes glitches can make the wrong sprites appear and a few of the sprites are definitely unused. Seems like the V2 has a bunch of Ticket items that weren't used until the V3 as well as sprites for the Flag game from V3. There's probably more, too.
I'd love ROMs of other Tamagotchi releases to become available online. I've often worked with emulators and ROMs/ISOs but with these self-contained handhelds there's rarely anything that the average person can do with them.

Hey Pengo,

Glad to hear you're working on a project like this. Must be a lot of work tracing all the photos.

I am running a V2 at the moment but not debugged, and I only have the one. I will get back to you if anything changes but I just wanted to encourage you and say nice job!

Hey Pengo,

Glad to hear you're working on a project like this. Must be a lot of work tracing all the photos.

I am running a V2 at the moment but not debugged, and I only have the one. I will get back to you if anything changes but I just wanted to encourage you and say nice job!
Thanks! I forgot to mention it but I was able to obtain those two sprites. The complete project is now live here:

https://www.spriters-resource.com/lcd_handhelds/tamagotchiconnectionversion2/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back