My brand new 5.5 has issues connecting to the battery.  I think it's a bad connection.  The reset button also doesn't work.  Any way to fix?  Once it detects the battery, everything works fine.

Are you using CR2032s?  Try wedging wad of paper or something between the battery and the back cover to press the battery down.  Or try and clean the terminals and reset button pad and circuit contact with alcohol.

Try using some isopropyl alcohol on a q-tip. My Osutchi had this problem but it's fine now.

Posted (edited)

If it was brand new, then I presume that you've removed an old battery that had been in there since manufacture?

That being the case, you may want to VERY carefully use a small, flat-head screwdriver to slowly and carefully slightly bend the battery contacts upwards/outwards. The old battery is likely to have flattened them over that amount of time, causing a bad connection. Again, be careful - you don't want to break anything.

I can't comment on the reset button, unfortunately, but the above is what I would do to address a bad connection in a brand new device that was released a long time ago.

Edited by Penguin-keeper