Tamagotchi Meets battery life?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cake

Reaction score
This is my absolute first topic on tamatalk so please excuse me if i am posting this in the wrong place ;; 

I had bought a tamagotchi meets, which came in the mail almost two weeks ago! It's my first japanese tamagotchi, as before that i've only ever owned the old school ones. I absolutely love my meets so far      + A+

unfortunately when i woke up this morning (which would be the 12 day mark since i've been playing with my new tama) the background wallpaper (starry night) had seemed to be browned- out? soon after this discovery a different alert showed up on my tamagotchi, "てんちをかえてね!!" specifically, which i'm assuming is the "change your battery" screen. Is this normal? I had given my tama 100% brand new batteries when I got it, is it supposed to run out so soon? It had been working perfectly before that.. ;;

update: after changing batteries the starry night wallpaper was still browned out? it seemed to stop being browned out once i went to the store and used a different wallpaper. is there any reason for that to happen or....?

Last edited by a moderator:
The browned out thing is normal, it just means it's dirty. You can clean it by one of the options in the treasure chest I believe (3rd if I'm not mistaken)

As for battery life, yes, some people have been reporting this problem. It's most likely related to inclusion of Bluetooth technology in such a small 2xAAA battery operated toy.

The m!x chews through batteries that quickly too.  I use these rechargable batteries from ikea.  The brown wallpaper is common to most color tamagotchis.  Use the vacuum cleaner to clean up browned wallpaper in the living room or bedroom.  There's usually a mop for the kitchen and toilet and a broom for the bathroom.

Rechargeables die quicker than normal batteries in general, though, imo. My M!X can last a few weeks/about a month while Meets barely lasted two.

I got about 2 weeks out of mine, without connecting to the app. I am debating on getting a set of rechargeables too.  

The m!x chews through batteries that quickly too.  I use these rechargable batteries from ikea.  The brown wallpaper is common to most color tamagotchis.  Use the vacuum cleaner to clean up browned wallpaper in the living room or bedroom.  There's usually a mop for the kitchen and toilet and a broom for the bathroom.
How is using rechargeable batteries? Are they beneficial?

Rechargeables die quicker than normal batteries in general, though, imo.
That's not just opinion - it's a fact! The voltage drops off quicker with rechargeables (and, at 1.2v, is lower than the 1.5v initially provided by non-rechargable batteries), so they're not as useful for certain applications. That's why manufacturers of certain device categories, toys, and so on, recommend against using them in their products.

How is using rechargeable batteries? Are they beneficial?
It'll certainly save you money, and they're better for the environment.

There's a page with good information on the topic here: https://michaelbluejay.com/batteries/rechargeable.html

The relevant part is about NiMH rechargeables, since that's what you're most likely to encounter.

As we speak, my Meets sits neglected on my desk. I might get some rechargeables... that's a great idea. Even if they go dead fast, with 2 sets I can just keep going.

Though that said, my work also has free AAA's sitting around for all the electronics we have at our desks..... XD

My battery life is AMAZING! It lasts So much longer than my 4U! It’s nearly a month now and it’s still working!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back